Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue Points match for Elevate members

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2016, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
How would they know who did that?
JetBlue reserves the right to confirm the actual point balance, as is common amongst status matches.

Whether they did, or went entirely on the screen shots, I'm unsure.
The term "Nice Match" implies they are aware we participated.

If JetBlue sent Virgin a list of all those who participated to confirm point accuracy, it would make the statement true.

Otherwise, the only people who would have received this e-mail would be those who transferred points into VX and they are just making the assumption all those members did so just for the Jetblue match. Also possible.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by grt2106
JetBlue reserves the right to confirm the actual point balance, as is common amongst status matches.

Whether they did, or went entirely on the screen shots, I'm unsure.
The term "Nice Match" implies they are aware we participated.

If JetBlue sent Virgin a list of all those who participated to confirm point accuracy, it would make the statement true.

Otherwise, the only people who would have received this e-mail would be those who transferred points into VX and they are just making the assumption all those members did so just for the Jetblue match. Also possible.
I'm going with the latter, I haven't received an email and I transferred, but only about 25k and I've had my VX account open for a while.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
I would be surprised to see VX and B6 play nicely and cooperate on this promotion..
Old Aug 15, 2016, 7:55 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by ralphs
I would be surprised to see VX and B6 play nicely and cooperate on this promotion..
Airlines usually cooperate on fraud issues. Besides, it's in both of their best interests to find people who did that.

It's been close to 5 weeks since I flew my qualifying flight, still no bonus points. Anybody else in the same boat? Seems most people got their points immediately, or close to it, after the points from the flight posted.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 10:12 am

Programs: UA G
I applied for the match offer, but didn't get the promo email. I also didn't transfer any points into my VX account.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Yeah really clever wording.

Nice match, my friend. Someone was using their noggin. As a little thank you for transferring your points to Elevate...

Did they only send this to those who transferred SPG points or whatever to get VX miles?!

... or anyone who JetBlue confirmed the point balance with?

Either or I suppose they're glad they tanked a lot of their competitors points. I had almost enough VX miles to qualify. Never know what to use them for.
Seems it just went out to those that transferred points to VX--whether or not the transfer was done in connection with the jetBlue match. Kind of a lame counter offer really--especially with all the restrictions. It is same code that Gold/Silvers get which I rarely use. Since they are only good for main cabin, advance purchase tickets the discount is not much to get excited about.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 9:34 pm

Programs: HGP: Diamond, SPG:Gold, HH:Gold, AA: Plt, Copa: Plt
#LGBgate

So, the day of my simple return trip SFO-LGB-SFO was sandwiched in a 24-hour layover from an international ticket. Unfortunately, like as in, "I tried to throw a rock in the ocean off the side of the boat and missed", flights were delayed all day and my flight eventually cancelled from LGB. This was due to a military jet making an emergency landing (pilot and plane are fine) and burning up his tires at the cross section of the two runways at LGB capable of heavy aircraft.

So, I flew SFO-LGB and they cancelled LGB-SFO and I couldn't fly their rescheduling options and make it back home. Technically, they threw the flight and technically, after take offs had been approved again at ~4pm.

Am I screwed? Doesn't sound like TrueBlue's IT system is set to recognize nor give original routing credit.

I'm livid that I gave myself 3 hours for IRROPs and this happens, although I'm grateful not to have read about losing a military aircraft or personnel into the ocean.

Thoughts for broaching this with JetBlue?

Pluses are I Mosaic status matched, but any closer look at this will see that I am trying to walk the line of the promotion.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 12:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
You could try calling Mosaic. I would say no given how generous the promotion terms (in my opinion) were, but the IRROPs on Friday at LGB were highly unusual and will probably be known to the agent.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, CC Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Choice Plat
flew LGB-LAS and LAS-SFO this Wednesday and still waiting for points to post...
Old Aug 21, 2016, 3:21 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by techoin
Mine took a little more than a week to post (if I remember correctly ). One leg was quick but the either took few days longer).
Old Aug 21, 2016, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Mine posted overnight just after 7 days had passed.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 1:33 am

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Mine posted overnight just after 7 days had passed.
Seven days was my magic number also. I even stood by for earlier flights both directions so I was concerned about triggering but look like seven days is standard
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by techoin
I flew SFO-JFK last Tuesday and the return last Thursday. The SFO-JFK leg just posted today (six days).

I flew in a Mint suite on the return -- very nice. The coach seat (with "even more" legroom) was the most uncomfortable seat (on my back) I can remember ever sitting in on a plane, however.

Last edited by shza; Aug 22, 2016 at 11:11 pm
Old Aug 22, 2016, 4:54 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Two one-ways definitely work. Flew JFK-PWM and BOS-MSY. Promo points posted today. I have to admit JetBlue is a nice step up from my usual Southwest trips.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 7:08 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
I'm about to board my second (of two) JetBlah flights in line with this promo. Wound up with a back-of-plane Middle Class seat (17E, I believe). Not lying, absent another juicy promo it will be a cold day in hell before I even consider them again. I'm no longer a B6 virgin, but I feel like I decidedly ended up playing bottom for my first time. I think I'm going to happily be a B6 ace going forward (notwithstanding the Mint situation).

(To be fair, paying $117 for the ticket is a decent price given that I bought it about 25 hours out, but it still feels like a crappy deal all things considered, and the idea of paying $40-50 for a [nominally, as it's still 3-3 on an A320] better seat which got dished above doesn't feel like much of an improvement. Basically, they have a product which works for something like BOS-LGA but which does not translate well into ORD-JFK and which really only worked MCO-RIC because of an equipment swap.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.