Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Barclay US Airways Card Becoming AAdvantage Mastercard

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2014, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by jft3
Barclaycard has been known to evaluate your total available credit (which they know since it's all reported to credit bureaus) versus your stated income, and deny people on the basis that you already have sufficient credit available to you.

That said, you should call the reconsideration line and see what the hangup is, often times it just clerical errors that raises a flag in their system that they want explanations for before issuing credit.
They haven't said anything yet so I guess I'll wait it out. I have lowered my credit lines on my Chase cards so maybe that'll help... If I DO need to call the reconsideration line that'll be a first!

haha..

Thanks!

-Phanto
Old Dec 27, 2014, 7:11 pm

Does anyone know when the free checked bag benefit will extend to American Airlines flights? I've heard Q2 2015, but is there a more specific date?
Old Dec 28, 2014, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xSTRIKEx6864
Does anyone know when the free checked bag benefit will extend to American Airlines flights? I've heard Q2 2015, but is there a more specific date?
No, there is no more specific date yet. By the way, that's not a date specific to free checked bag benefit, that's the date that US Dividend Miles and AA AAdvantage programs will be merged, so all benefits of them will be truly unified.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by Phanto
They haven't said anything yet so I guess I'll wait it out. I have lowered my credit lines on my Chase cards so maybe that'll help... If I DO need to call the reconsideration line that'll be a first!

haha..

Thanks!

-Phanto
Hooorayyy!! New card in the mail!!

The fantastic thing with this card (which I didn't even realize) is that you get the bonus on your very first purchase, no MS'n required! Although, why not MS a lil..
Old Dec 29, 2014, 9:44 pm

Programs: AS, US, Hilton, BA, DL, SPG, AA, VS
The fantastic thing with this card (which I didn't even realize) is that you get the bonus on your very first purchase,
You applied for a card without knowing what the minimum spending requirement was?
Old Dec 29, 2014, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by LETTERBOY
You applied for a card without knowing what the minimum spending requirement was?
I assumed it was $2k, didn't really read the small print.. No biggie..

Bonus that I'll get it with the pack of gum I'm going to buy!
Old Dec 30, 2014, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I assumed it was $2k, didn't really read the small print.. No biggie..

Bonus that I'll get it with the pack of gum I'm going to buy!
How much is a pack of gum? I seem to recall reading of someone having problems because their purchase was so cheap that it didn't even earn 1 mile, and perhaps the minimum is to earn 1 mile from the purchase.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 4:31 am

Programs: US Airways, American Airlines, United
I have 2 Barclays US Airways MasterCards. I received my package for the card with a November anniversary date and it contained a companion certificate as I expected (need to book by 9/30/15 and fly by 12/31/15). After receiving notice of the "great benefits" for my card with a January anniversary date, I called to explain that none of these "great benefits" were of much use to me. The representative advised that my January package will include another companion certificate. I was going to cancel the card but instead I will hold off and see if the package does in fact contain the companion certificate. I am really going to miss earining the 10,000 PQM's on each card though.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 4:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by pkr529
I have 2 Barclays US Airways MasterCards. ... After receiving notice of the "great benefits" for my card with a January anniversary date, I called to explain that none of these "great benefits" were of much use to me. The representative advised that my January package will include another companion certificate. I was going to cancel the card but instead I will hold off and see if the package does in fact contain the companion certificate.
Interesting ... I think we just got the same "great benefits" (hah! ) letter for a January card renewal (my wife's) and whereas the cardboard-like mailing that had come for this card a month-plus ago had explicitly said that it would retain the companion certificate and the 10,000 anniversary bonus miles (for the 2015 renewal), this new "great benefits" missive promised nothing from the old regime. So we're in the same wait-and-see mode on this one. Hope it works out, since that earlier cardboard mailing (and promise!) will be hard to scan!

Originally Posted by pkr529
I am really going to miss earning the 10,000 PQM's on each card though.
Me, too. I'm moving toward the grief stage.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
How much is a pack of gum? I seem to recall reading of someone having problems because their purchase was so cheap that it didn't even earn 1 mile, and perhaps the minimum is to earn 1 mile from the purchase.
I was kidding.. I'm going to MS the heck out of it for an extra bonus!
Old Jan 2, 2015, 10:47 am

Programs: DL DIAMOND, AA/US TBD
Anyone know if we'll still get the 10k PQM if we spend $25,000 in January/February pre-AA/US FF consolidation??
Old Jan 2, 2015, 12:28 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Originally Posted by saturnsk
Anyone know if we'll still get the 10k PQM if we spend $25,000 in January/February pre-AA/US FF consolidation??
No, haven't seen that benefit listed anywhere for this card any more.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; NEXUS
Originally Posted by saturnsk

The mailer I rec'd a while back (about the US Air m.c. turning into the AA m.c.) specifically says about Miles toward Preferred status:
If you spend $25,000 or more in 2014, we'll automatically convert 10,000 of your existing miles into Preferred-qualifying miles for your 2015 Preferred status. After 2014, this benefit will expire.

So, no, looks like Jan/Feb won't count.

Big bummer !!
Old Jan 13, 2015, 1:58 pm

Programs: US GP (used to be *G, now,what)
Originally Posted by jmrp
The mailer I rec'd a while back (about the US Air m.c. turning into the AA m.c.) specifically says about Miles toward Preferred status:
If you spend $25,000 or more in 2014, we'll automatically convert 10,000 of your existing miles into Preferred-qualifying miles for your 2015 Preferred status. After 2014, this benefit will expire.

So, no, looks like Jan/Feb won't count.

Big bummer !!
No, it won't count and a big reason I'm not going to pile spend onto this card. I might just as well use my SPG card unless its a USAir Purchase.... you can transfer 20K for 25K....
Old Mar 2, 2015, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BONVOY TIT
US Airways Barclay Card Merge Announcement and Bonus Miles

Just got this email from Barclay Card:

As part of the integration of US Airways and American Airlines, your current
US Airways Dividend Miles® MasterCard® will be replaced with an AAdvantage® Aviator™ Red MasterCard®.¹ Your new card will arrive between April 1 and July 15, 2015. Until your new AAdvantage® Aviator™ Red MasterCard® arrives, please continue to use your current US Airways Dividend Miles MasterCard.
Visit AviatorMasterCard.com/Red to learn about the benefits and features that will come with your new card.
Register now to earn 50% more miles on qualifying purchases²
Join us in celebrating the upcoming integration of the Dividend Miles® program into the AAdvantage® loyalty program when you register to earn 50% more miles on every purchase you make with either your US Airways Dividend Miles MasterCard or your new AAdvantage® Aviator™ Red MasterCard® from March 1 through June 30, 2015, up to 10,000 bonus miles.

(omitted table due to formatting issues)

*Bonus miles will appear on your statement 6-8 weeks after the end of the promotion.

Extra miles is always good!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.