Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First class on regional jets

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2011, 10:59 am

Programs: US CP, Marriott Life Platinum, AVIS 1st
Originally Posted by cwe84
I think you meant 2A since none of the E170s have been reconfigured. Not sure why s/he said Dec.

The reconfiguration is going very well. The tentative launch date has been moved up to the 18th for now. A full 10 days earlier than planned however it has not been announced just in case.
Probably, correct. The emergency card said 170/175 so wasn't sure. It was the 1st front facing seat on the right. Also, FA's may not be 100% certain of the start date for FC.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
If you read some of the past postings your answer can be found, also check US website.

Originally Posted by seratonin7
Where are the CRJ900's being converted?
Old Oct 6, 2011, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
I was under the inpression that Freedom was a subsiduary of Mesa, since it was flying under Mesa certificate. BTW, I didn't k ow Freedom had 14 CRJ-900s...

Originally Posted by CLTmech
Due to scope issues with US Airways (prior to merger) the first 14 CRJ-900 were delivered to Mesa Air Group/Freedom Airlines to be operated for America West with a FC cabin installed. In early 2004, these 14 planes had the FC cabin removed under another STC to reconfigure the interior to the current 86 seat configuration. The remainder of the -900s were delivered direct from Bombardier with the Y-standard cabin. All CRJ-900s were later transferred to Mesa Airlines during/after the US/AWA merger.

Because the planes are being refitted (or restored to original configuration, depending on point of view) the specific STC documenting the changes/materials/procedure still has to be approved by the FAA for the specific planes being operated by Mesa. Some of the certification requirements are due to the fact that this new STC is replacing the previous one in addition to being applied to further airframes that were not covered in the previous coach cabin conversion.

BTW, Freedom Airlines has faded into the sunset after being dropped by Delta (another convoluted issue).
Old Oct 7, 2011, 3:16 am

Reg's Updated?

Does anyone know the Reg's of the 17 aircraft updated and any subsequent aircraft that will/have been updated?
Old Oct 7, 2011, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by seratonin7
Where are the CRJ900's being converted?
This first one is out at SMX (Santa Maria, CA). I'm making a guess that C&D Zodiac has a facility there for interior work. The remainder of the upgrades will most likely be in PHX or TUS (after the process is given the final approval from the FAA), but can be subject to change.

Flightnurse,

Mesa Air Group currently has Mesa Airlines and Go! as subsidiaries, but formerly included Freedom Airlines, Air Midwest, and CCAir. At the time, Freedom Airlines was created to bring the CRJ-900s in for America West due to contractual agreements limiting the size of aircraft that Mesa Airlines could operate while providing planes for Airways. This restriction was lifted either when Airways and America West merged, or when Airways emerged from the 2nd bankruptcy, and the planes were transferred to the Mesa Airlines operation.
A year or 2 later Freedom Airlines became the home of the planes being operated for Delta (some next-gen -900s, DHC-8s and, EMB-145s that were dropped by Airways after the BK). After a certain point, Delta reallocated the CRJ-900s to another operator, and tried to drop the contract with Mesa Air Group/Freedom Airlines. After a couple years of legal battles, the contract with Delta was ended during the MAG bankruptcy and the remaining planes returned to the lessors. At this point the operating certificate for Freedom Airlines was returned to the FAA, and now no longer exists.

Last edited by CLTmech; Oct 7, 2011 at 7:25 am Reason: spelling
Old Oct 7, 2011, 9:24 am

Programs: AA - Exec Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Spire, Hertz President Circle
Flew on E175 this morning with 1st class from MYR to CLT.

The interiors are very nice and 2A is an awesome seat!^

The gate agent even peeked in ti take a look at the cabin - must have been brand spanking new!
Old Oct 7, 2011, 9:38 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
I got an upgrade not available message on my flight on Friday. I am already seated in seat 2a on the 175. Hopefully it will be a refitted cabin.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 2:47 pm

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Looks like 10/18 is when Republic will start the ExpressFirst soft product ONLY on the E175's. I hope everyone enjoys and understands the growing pains! The E170's are expected to be completed mid Nov.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA EP, OZ Diamond, WS Plat, Avis CHM, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9650/5.0.0.1006 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

On my first Express quasi-F "large seat" flight CLT-YYZ right now. Definitely an improvement and when complete, I won't be dreading these USX segments anymore! Retrofitting those CRJs couldn't come fast enough, though...

Yay for US. First Envoy 332 pods, now this. Way to get back into the competition.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 2:38 pm

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Originally Posted by Insiderdude
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9650/5.0.0.1006 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

On my first Express quasi-F "large seat" flight CLT-YYZ right now. Definitely an improvement and when complete, I won't be dreading these USX segments anymore! Retrofitting those CRJs couldn't come fast enough, though...

Yay for US. First Envoy 332 pods, now this. Way to get back into the competition.
Hope you have a good flight. I have worked with all of your crew.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 2:41 pm

Programs: AA EP, OZ Diamond, WS Plat, Avis CHM, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist

Old Oct 11, 2011, 6:33 am

Programs: US Airways Platinum 2012, Hilton Diamond
Just flew from GSO to CLT on upgraded Embrarer 170. Very nice first class retrofit. Thanks US Airways.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 6:35 am

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold
Congrats!

..but count me in for the group of those waiting for CRJ modifications
Old Oct 11, 2011, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by jwhite4304
Just flew from GSO to CLT on upgraded Embrarer 170. Very nice first class retrofit. Thanks US Airways.
The 170's have not begun the refit yet. It was a E175.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP
The US Airways website shows 38/38 E-175's complete, and 1/20 E-170's complete...they are rolling!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.