Wiki Posts
Search

First class on regional jets

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2011, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
I have been playing witht he US web site (ok so I'm bored) on my flights PHX-AUS-PHX to see when the seat map will show FC on the CRJ-900s. It appears that around 10-23 is when FC seat maps are take effect. For the whole month of Nov, the seat maps show FC but not as a seperate class like on the mainline aircraft. But Dec 1 the seat map changes and shows First and Coach seperately just like the mainline, but you can not purchase a FC ticket it says "sold Out" on all flights, but the seat maps show no one is sitting in them, even in bulk head seats. Just found it interesting how US is setting up thier web site.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 5:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by geo1005
You're the first! How'd it look?
It pretty much looked like the F cabin on the E190. The only difference is that instead of a hard bulkhead between F and C, there's a flimsy curtain.

I booked 2F on the chance that it would be a reconfigured plane and it finally paid off!
Old Sep 16, 2011, 5:16 am

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Originally Posted by tacostuff
As far as I can tell, no one else has reported this yet. I'm on a PHL-MHT flight on an E170 with F (fortunately I booked 2F ahead of time. Have other people started to see the reconfigured planes yet?
There is only one reconfigured plane so far. The next one doesnt re enter the fleet until the 24th from either JAX or HSV.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 10:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by cwe84
There is only one reconfigured plane so far. The next one doesnt re enter the fleet until the 24th from either JAX or HSV.
So I got the one plane in the entire fleet that has been reconfigured? I should have bought a lotto ticket when I got off the flight. It seems odd it would show up on a PHL-MHT run. Maybe just luck of the draw.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 11:01 am

Programs: US Chairman, Delta Silver, UA Premier, Hyatt Platinum
Right now, I think it's being considered as just another plane in the fleet. I doubt they're trying to schedule it for specific flights/routes.

Could be wrong.

I was kinda psyched, though. The seatmap for my BOS-PIT flight this afternoon showed the F seatmap early this morning, but changed a couple of hours ago to the regular one. No complaints, thought...2A for me.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 7:20 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
funny, I was SUPPOSED to be on a reconfig last week (I THINK) from PVD. The seat map show 2a-2d-2f, I chose 2a and was disappointed there was a c seat when I got in, albeit, it was empty
Old Sep 18, 2011, 7:51 am

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Originally Posted by tacostuff
So I got the one plane in the entire fleet that has been reconfigured? I should have bought a lotto ticket when I got off the flight. It seems odd it would show up on a PHL-MHT run. Maybe just luck of the draw.
It was the luck of the draw.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 10:17 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marr Plat, Natl Elite, AMEX Plat, AA PP
I've had the reconfigured E175's a couple times now CLT-IND or IND-CLT. It's really nice having the extra room to rest on the way to or from work, even without F service. I snapped a pic for y'all. Note the excitement of the other passengers and the FA at having a pic taken. I did ask permission to be polite.

Only negative is some lost space in the overheads, one is good size, but the overheads over the single seat are small. You can see my empty seat, which I think might end up my favorite.

Last edited by aztimm; Sep 29, 2011 at 5:44 pm Reason: removed pic
Old Sep 20, 2011, 11:06 am

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by mrsspike30
...I snapped a pic for y'all. ...
Thank you ^. Looks comfy indeed ...
Old Sep 20, 2011, 12:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Yes, thanks a bunch mrsspike30!

Obviously if flying solo, the single side A seats are the way to go but I'm curious why you would choose row 3 vs. rows 1 or 2? Or does it matter? I would think seat 1A would be the best if for no reason than you get your PDB first.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
1A is good but then again you have everybody looking at you when they board, I don't like 1A on the CRJ-700s.

Obviously if flying solo, the single side A seats are the way to go but I'm curious why you would choose row 3 vs. rows 1 or 2? Or does it matter? I would think seat 1A would be the best if for no reason than you get your PDB first.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 1:15 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marr Plat, Natl Elite, AMEX Plat, AA PP

I don't like the bulkhead, I hate lining up in a frenzy to make sure I get both bags in an overhead, running the gate lice gauntlet. I like having my backpack with me. I'm short so with the additional legroom in the new express F cabins row 3 is fine.

It's funny, I develop these weird routines, with traveling all the time, row 3 is just my row. I like it in an A319/7-Dirty-7 because usually the FAs let me recline during takeoff and landing unless they are particular, I fly at night mostly so zzzzzzzz. Honestly row 2 or 3 would be fine for me. My colleague loves the bulkhead, but he's got 8" height on me so I understand his preference.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 2:23 pm

I flew a 175 from MCI to PHL the other day and the seat map showed that the plane would be a reconfigured 175 but it was not. I had 2A and no one next to me in 2C, which was great. However, had someone already taken 2A when I did my seat selection, I would have annoyed to have to select another seat only to find, upon boarding that 2C was open. Obviously you could move, but if someone did that to me, I'd be annoyed ... petty, I know.
Oh and the flight attendant put her purse in the first available overhead bin too.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP

I didn't think that there is a 1A on the reconfigured E-175's? I thought it was 1-3 (C/D) on the left, and then 2A/3A on the right, for 8 total F seats.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 4:00 pm

Programs: US Chairman, Delta Silver, UA Premier, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by DCdeacon
I didn't think that there is a 1A on the reconfigured E-175's? I thought it was 1-3 (C/D) on the left, and then 2A/3A on the right, for 8 total F seats.
Correct.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.