Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First class on regional jets

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2011, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
If you had to pay for drinks then you weren't in FC, now where you? Just because the seats are installed doesn't mean the service has been upgraded, hence the comment from the FA.
And interestingly the boarding pass said 1F but didn't say First Class.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
So I guess you weren't in FC.

Originally Posted by bowdenj
And interestingly the boarding pass said 1F but didn't say First Class.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 4:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by bowdenj
10/20/2011:

1000p - 1140p
DCA - IND US 3495

Gate agent told me he was moving my seat to 1F (I'm a Silver) and the FA told us even though we were in first class (there were maybe 5 of us out of 9 seats) it wasn't really first class until 11/01/11. Weird paying for the wine and the trail mix while in first class. The cabin is very nice looking and just in such great shape. The new first class seats are excellent.

Also someone (dispatch?) called the DCA gate agent and they held the plane at the gate until an inbound ??-DCA Chairman's arrived late for the transfer to US 3495 - we left the gate around 1010p.
If you had to pay for drinks then you weren't in FC, now where you? Just because the seats are installed doesn't mean the service has been upgraded, hence the comment from the FA.
Was in a FC-type seat last night on a reconfigured E170 -- very nice. The GA had explicitly boarded rows 1-3 first, and although we were not FC, the environment was. Of course, the funny part was when the FA came around to ask for our drink orders. There was one passenger who was a FT who clearly understood that we were not in FC, and (but ?) he ordered a wine. This set off a contagion among the rest of us, me excluded. I got the sense that the other 3-4 who ordered wine were a little surprised at having to cough up the $7, but no one acted badly about it, and I can't swear that they did not know that we were not really in FC.

Anyhow, after this all shakes out, this should be good. I always like the E170s and E175s, even without FC, and the "bulkhead" (row 4 now) looked nice enough for when upgrades don't clear.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 7:08 am

Programs: US CP, Hertz Pres Cir, HH Dia, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by cwe84
I would love to hear from some of you that flew with us today in F or the next couple of days. Hopefully there arent too many mistakes!

Flew PHL to CHS on the 18th. Everything was great...love that there are now more aircraft with great A seats (especially 2A). Now the 190s have company. Got snack, drinks, and great service.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 7:27 am

Programs: UA (lame duck)1K, US Plat,HHonors Diamond, PC Plat, SPG Plat, MR Platinum
cew84 you're attention to service and acknowledgement of FF's importance to US on this thread is impressive!

If I experienced that attitude throughout US (particularly in PHL)I'd be switching my FF allegiance from UACO over to US today.

The F in these birds is impressive and as a short-hauler with 120+ segments on UACO and US each year flying about 50-60 (and having to walk past those seats on several flights already is very depressing as a *G) of them on US it may even make me take a 2nd look if the UACO merger process gets ugly next year.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 9:18 am

Programs: US CP, MR Plat
Faux first class!
Old Oct 23, 2011, 9:34 am

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Originally Posted by jkburns1
cew84 you're attention to service and acknowledgement of FF's importance to US on this thread is impressive!
The more feedback we get the better the experience will be. Even avenues such as FT and MP are good to see where we are having issues. There have been lots of growing pains so far that may seem minor but are apart of the whole execution of the experience.

Issues so far:
No numbers/letters on hangars
Lemons and limes not provided out of DCA
trays not provided
9 hole drink trays for economy service not provided
Baskets provided but no snacks (for tidbits but wrong delivery method)

These are minor issues and probably have not been noticed by our guests but they play an important part in our overall quality of our soft product. The overall feedback from our guests has been extremely positive. The biggest issue right now is the difference of service on the 2 aircrafts right now. But we only have a few more days!!!! After that I expect the complaints from our guests will go down.

We also have mentors meeting the planes in the hub and base cities to follow up with F/A's and discuss their concerns and issues with the execution. Many times they will be on the aircraft. You are more than welcome to ask them questions or express your particular concern to them.

As always you can post on this thread or PM me with your concerns/issues and I can pass them on to the right person.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 2:55 pm

Flew DCA-JAX on the 915am on the 175. Great FC cabin and service. Did not expect a PDB but got one. Great F/A. Amazing this plane gets same size snack basket as a 321. Blanket and pillow on every seat.
FYI the first row in coach has great leg room. When 2A reclines into 3A it is a tad tight but not bad.
The Republic FA's are really good even though the FC slows down the coach service.. Wondering on a short flight like DCA-PHL how this will work
Old Oct 23, 2011, 3:32 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Last Sunday I was on US3332 DCA-PHL. I didn't pay attention when I boarded. Asked the guy in the isle seat to let me in to my seat 2F. When I got in I realized that they put FC seats in this Republic EMB-170 N811MD.
My ticket didn't say anything about FC and there was no FC service on this short flight. I only got this seat by accident. My original assignment was in the exit row, but due to short connection time at PHL (had to take the bus to the ghetto terminal "F") I've decided during airport check-in to take empty seat in row 2.
If they put FC seats on all Embraers, I wont be avoiding Express flights as much as I do now.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 6:41 pm

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Originally Posted by DCAML
Wondering on a short flight like DCA-PHL how this will work
On flights such as PHL-BWI/BDL/DCA and CLT-GSO/RDU both F/A's will be working FC since there is no economy service.

Originally Posted by bwiadca
My original assignment was in the exit row, but due to short connection time at PHL (had to take the bus to the ghetto terminal "F") I've decided during airport check-in to take empty seat in row 2. .
i hope you realize that Republic Airlines flights dont have overwing exit rows. The only exit rows are where the F/A's sit.

If they put FC seats on all Embraers, I wont be avoiding Express flights as much as I do now.
All of the Embraers should be finished in the next few days with the E170's FC service starting on 10/30

Last edited by cwe84; Oct 23, 2011 at 6:53 pm
Old Oct 23, 2011, 8:09 pm

Programs: None
All of the Embraers should be finished in the next few days with the E170's FC service starting on 10/30
There still are some Embraers that won't get FC - 16 ERJ 145's

Jim
Old Oct 23, 2011, 8:39 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

i hope you realize that Republic Airlines flights dont have overwing exit rows. The only exit rows are where the F/A's sit.
You are right. I think that automatically I've selected seat 8A during the booking
Old Oct 23, 2011, 8:40 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
There still are some Embraers that won't get FC - 16 ERJ 145's

Jim
I know that they are only converting EMB-170/175s. Chautauqua wont get FC seats.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 5:58 am

Programs: US CP, Delta DM, AA EXP 2 MM, Emerald Executive, Hyatt Platinum, Starwood Gold
E175 FC (ie - first class seat and service) DCA-MHT last week.

From where I was sitting, things looked pretty much outstanding. The FA did a full PDB, took coats, etc. During the flight, had the regular bev + snack service (flight too short for a meal, so this is entirely as expected), did a great job even though it turned out to be a rather choppy flight. Very polite and attentive crew. I'm really looking forward to more of my short-haul flights turning out like that as the E170s finish their cabin upgrades. So far, so good.

One point of potential improvement (and this is a personal preference, not a real complaint) - I'm really not a fan of the snack mixes and that seemed to be the only snack item boarded on this particular flight. Don't know if that's standard procedure or a catering snafu, but I'm really hoping for the latter.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 8:06 am

Noticed the 1st CRJ-900 has gone back to revenue service with the first class cabin, and is operating in the PHX system at the moment (tail 933LR). The upgrade seemed to be done quicker than originally planned, but final paperwork issues had to be resolved for manuals with the FAA last week.

2nd plane is in work, but return to service is only estimated. A/C is still having sheet metal repairs from hail damage (was in OMA for storm).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.