Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First class on regional jets

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2011, 8:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, FB Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
US3282 CLT-IND 10/22 E175 2D/F

F 3/9 and overall light load for this early Sat am flight. Seats were great and comfortable. Great FA, PDB offered. Biscoffs only, no snack basket. No problem with my coffee and Baileys though A couple of small things...pull out tray in armrest was jammed and there was no tray table at all for 2F. I heard FA later notify someone of this. Overall, though, very impressed and let the FA know.

US 3163 IND-CLT 10/24 E175

Completely full flight this am. Another great FA. PDBs served promptly, then snack basket offered once up in the air. Not sure if this flight should be snack basket and we just didn't get it on the outbound or if it should just be snack mix/biscoff. Another round of drinks and then FA offered snacks again.

Overall, great experience on both flights. It was really tough to go back on the CRJ900 for my CLT-RDU trip!!
Old Oct 24, 2011, 1:59 pm

Programs: US GP (used to be *G, now,what)
Would someone be kind enough to summarize if all the express carriers with CRJ's and Embraer's are getting upgraded? I'm considering a connection in LGA at Xmas and one of them is an Air Whisky CRJ. I'm tempted to take the B6 direct flight, but the wife could use the Preferred miles and I have a Club Membership.

Originally Posted by CLTmech
Noticed the 1st CRJ-900 has gone back to revenue service with the first class cabin, and is operating in the PHX system at the moment (tail 933LR). The upgrade seemed to be done quicker than originally planned, but final paperwork issues had to be resolved for manuals with the FAA last week.

2nd plane is in work, but return to service is only estimated. A/C is still having sheet metal repairs from hail damage (was in OMA for storm).
Old Oct 24, 2011, 2:38 pm

Programs: None
It's not so much by carrier as by size of RJ - E170/175, CRJ-900/700 will get FC, the rest won't.

By carrier it's Republic (all E170/175), Mesa (only on the CRJ-900's) and PSA (only on the CRJ-700's that will get FC. (I don't think Mesa operates any CRJ-700's for USX).

PDT, Air Wisconsin, Chautauqua, Tran States, Mesaba, and Colgan won't have any planes with FC while Mesa CRJ-200's/Dashes and PSA CRJ-200's won't have FC.

Jim
Old Oct 24, 2011, 6:11 pm

Programs: US DM Chairman; Marriott Gold
Cool time lapse video of US Airways installing the FC seats on Express (from a link they posted in twitter):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qybWPVTQTq4
Old Oct 24, 2011, 11:18 pm

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Originally Posted by rukhbat
I'm really not a fan of the snack mixes and that seemed to be the only snack item boarded on this particular flight. Don't know if that's standard procedure or a catering snafu, but I'm really hoping for the latter.
This is a tidbit flight. When flying time on the release is scheduled for 1.5hrs or less then you will get a "tidbit" over 1.5hrs you will see the full snack basket.

Originally Posted by Fan_0502
US3282 CLT-IND 10/22 E175 2D/F

F 3/9 and overall light load for this early Sat am flight. Seats were great and comfortable. Great FA, PDB offered. Biscoffs only, no snack basket. No problem with my coffee and Baileys though A couple of small things...pull out tray in armrest was jammed and there was no tray table at all for 2F. I heard FA later notify someone of this. Overall, though, very impressed and let the FA know.

US 3163 IND-CLT 10/24 E175

Completely full flight this am. Another great FA. PDBs served promptly, then snack basket offered once up in the air. Not sure if this flight should be snack basket and we just didn't get it on the outbound or if it should just be snack mix/biscoff. Another round of drinks and then FA offered snacks again.

Overall, great experience on both flights. It was really tough to go back on the CRJ900 for my CLT-RDU trip!!
I will be sure to pass along your comments and follow up on the tray tables.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 5:30 am

Programs: US CP, Delta DM, AA EXP 2 MM, Emerald Executive, Hyatt Platinum, Starwood Gold
This is a tidbit flight. When flying time on the release is scheduled for 1.5hrs or less then you will get a "tidbit" over 1.5hrs you will see the full snack basket.
Had not realized snack mix was the only tidbit, so thank you for the information.

Doesn't detract from an overall great flight, but I will come better prepared next time.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:01 pm

Programs: spirit elite, MRgold Hilton Gold
With 19 of 20 e170's now done, does anyone know when they will be starting the CRJ900 and where they will be converted.
Thanks
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:25 pm

I think that they have already started. The website should be reasonably accurate for a completion date.

Jim
Old Oct 26, 2011, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
It was just posted that the first one is done and out flying. Reading some of the back threats will answer most questions.

Originally Posted by beachbrew
With 19 of 20 e170's now done, does anyone know when they will be starting the CRJ900 and where they will be converted.
Thanks
Old Oct 26, 2011, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by beachbrew
Thanks
1 is complete and back in system, currently operating out of PHX (TUS, SAT, & BUR on today's routing). 2nd in work at DHN, but return is estimate due to completion of extensive sheet metal work due to hail damage.

Unsure of where remainder will be accomplished at until they start to appear on the schedule or out-of-service grid.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 8:30 am

Programs: US GP (used to be *G, now,what)
Great Summary! Thanks... I always get the CRJ styles mixed up...

Sadly the BOS-BUF flights aren't included since the B6 190s are always a sticky point with my wife for trips home....

Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
It's not so much by carrier as by size of RJ - E170/175, CRJ-900/700 will get FC, the rest won't.

By carrier it's Republic (all E170/175), Mesa (only on the CRJ-900's) and PSA (only on the CRJ-700's that will get FC. (I don't think Mesa operates any CRJ-700's for USX).

PDT, Air Wisconsin, Chautauqua, Tran States, Mesaba, and Colgan won't have any planes with FC while Mesa CRJ-200's/Dashes and PSA CRJ-200's won't have FC.

Jim
Old Oct 26, 2011, 11:53 am

Programs: US CP, Marriott Life Platinum, AVIS 1st
Flew DCA-PIT and got upgraded to F. They served drinks before takeoff and then snack and a drink after. Snacks were limited to one selection - healthy trail mix. Wish they would scrap the healthy items and go back to the old snacks.

Overall a pleasant experience.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Got my upgrade email this morning for PIT-CLT and CLT-GSO, both on the E-175 on Sunday...in 3A on PIT-CLT and 3F to GSO....looking forward to trying it out!
Old Oct 26, 2011, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by Alphaguy
Thanks... I always get the CRJ styles mixed up...
E-170/175 - engines under the wings. Republic

CRJ's - fat fuselage and engines at the back, has winglets. -200's are the shortest, -900's the longest. PSA, Mesa

ERJ 145 - skinny fuselage and engines at the back, no winglets. Chautauqua, Trans States

From a distance the ERJ-145 and CRJ-900 look similar since the ratio of fuselage diameter to length is about the same, so the winglets and look of the engines are the main differentiators.

FWIW
Dash 8 - High wing turboprop. PDT, Mesa
Saab 340 - Low sing turboprop. Colgan, Mesaba

Jim
Old Oct 27, 2011, 10:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Finally got on a Republic E75 on GSO-CLT yesterday in F after having not been on one for a bit. In spite of the 20 min flight time, we had a predeparture beverage, as well as a snack and drink round in the air from a very pleasant CMH-based cabin crew. Like the seats. Looking forward to F service on the E70s as well, very good initial experience with a Republic crew.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.