Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First class on regional jets

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2011, 6:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
That's right: the 175's get 8 FC seats and the 170's get 9.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 7:24 pm

Programs: None
In theory nothing prevents a carrier from calling the front single seat side row 1 while the 2 seats opposite could be row 2. Look at one of the 330 configurations where the outside seats don't line up with the center section seats - they don't have row X.5 just because the seats aren't aligned, the rows are numbered starting with the first row in that section. However, I would think that US would want to keep the labeling of rows as uniform as possible across the carriers that make up the USX fleet.

Jim

Last edited by BoeingBoy; Sep 20, 2011 at 7:31 pm
Old Sep 20, 2011, 8:44 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marr Plat, Natl Elite, AMEX Plat, AA PP
Originally Posted by USFlyer26
Correct.
Originally Posted by DCdeacon
I didn't think that there is a 1A on the reconfigured E-175's? I thought it was 1-3 (C/D) on the left, and then 2A/3A on the right, for 8 total F seats.
Yes, 3A really is my favorite after all.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 7:42 am

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
101HQ and 138HQ plus one more today have been reconfigured. JAX-DCA tomorrow will be the 4th one!

Last edited by cwe84; Sep 24, 2011 at 4:44 pm
Old Sep 26, 2011, 11:20 am

Programs: US DM Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Emerald Club Executive
Not sure how current it is, but usairways.com is reporting that 3 of 38 EMB-175 have been converted.

https://membership.usairways.com/en-...rstclass.html#
Old Sep 26, 2011, 4:47 pm

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
All of the E175s should be done by Oct 28th. 1 per day and then the E170's so mid Nov the entire Republic fleet will be finished.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 8:31 am

Programs: MR PP, USAirways Platinum, DMS Premier, and SA Gold
Originally Posted by mrsspike30
I've had the reconfigured E175's a couple times now CLT-IND or IND-CLT. It's really nice having the extra room to rest on the way to or from work, even without F service. I snapped a pic for y'all. Note the excitement of the other passengers and the FA at having a pic taken. I did ask permission to be polite.
What CLT-IND/IND-CLT flights have you seen the new FA? I'm on 3280 CLT-IND every other Sunday. I also depart IND @ ~3:35pm on Thursdays, which is usually on an E175; however lately, the aircraft have been a little unpredictable on my return. Usually E175's, but sometimes A319's or CRJ900's.

I've yet to see the new FA configuration and I'm typically in the bulkhead or row 2DF or 3AC

Last edited by AZ Travels the World; Sep 30, 2011 at 1:26 am Reason: Remove photo previously deleted
Old Sep 28, 2011, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
When UA was redoing thier 777 fleet with the new interiors problems arised so the completed fleet took longer then planned. I was wondering if US was running into the same issue, since US website shows only 3 done, and if it takes only a day to do the change over there should be more then 3 completeld..

Originally Posted by cwe84
All of the E175s should be done by Oct 28th. 1 per day and then the E170's so mid Nov the entire Republic fleet will be finished.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 11:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
... since US website shows only 3 done, and if it takes only a day to do the change over there should be more then 3 completeld..
I can't imagine that every day the IT folks at US are going to update the status.

Even if they loose a day or two they should still finish all or almost all the 175s by the end of October.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 5:36 pm

When UA was redoing thier 777 fleet with the new interiors problems arised so the completed fleet took longer then planned. I was wondering if US was running into the same issue, since US website shows only 3 done, and if it takes only a day to do the change over there should be more then 3 completeld..
It takes 4 days to complete. they have 4 planes at any given time. One ferries into Dothan and one ferries out. US is not going to change their website everyday. Oct 28th is the planned launch date for the E175 FC.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

If the website is not going to be updated on a regulaar basis then why a progress bar?

It takes 4 days to complete. they have 4 planes at any given time. One ferries into Dothan and one ferries out. US is not going to change their website everyday. Oct 28th is the planned launch date for the E175 FC.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 2:39 am

If the website is not going to be updated on a regulaar basis then why a progress bar?
I dont know maybe read dcpatti's thread about US is a technophob.....

Also I had the latest refurbed plane this morning. 117HQ came online today HSV-DCA-BTV a full 2 days early! So just another reason its not practical that US change it daily....

Last edited by cwe84; Sep 30, 2011 at 1:18 pm
Old Sep 30, 2011, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

No one is saying the web site needs to be updated DAILY... Weekly yes

I dont know maybe read dcpatti's thread about US is a technophob.....

Also I had the latest refurbed plane this morning. 117HQ came online today HSV-DCA-BTV a full 2 days early! So just another reason its not practical that US change it daily....
Old Oct 3, 2011, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by clemsonfn
Not sure how current it is, but usairways.com is reporting that 3 of 38 EMB-175 have been converted.

https://membership.usairways.com/en-...rstclass.html#
Definitely not seeing a progress chart when I click that link...what am I missing?
Old Oct 3, 2011, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by DCdeacon
Definitely not seeing a progress chart when I click that link...what am I missing?
Click the "On Express" tab and then you'll see a link which, when clicked, reveals the "Progress Report"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.