Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First class on regional jets

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2011, 2:05 pm

Programs: US DM Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Emerald Club Executive
Just booked CLT to BDL on 10/04. Seatmap showing a reconfigured E175 and I'm in 2A.

Return flight from BDL to DCA the following day is on a E170 with the old seatmap. Booked 2A with fingers crossed.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by geo1005
Looks about as I expected. Which is to say nice!

Note that this is a real E175 (not a mock-up) so that bird should rejoin the fleet soon. They don't like to have planes sitting around too long without passengers on them...
What is the black square thing on the right side of the photo? A flash for a professional photographer?
Old Sep 1, 2011, 7:16 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Originally Posted by M20009
What is the black square thing on the right side of the photo? A flash for a professional photographer?
Looks like a light box or maybe even just a light reflector. My guess is they are taking pics for the website or other media
Old Sep 1, 2011, 8:40 am

Programs: US CP, UA, HH Gold, Marriott Plat, DL, AA, CO, ++
Originally Posted by ellinj
Looks like a light box or maybe even just a light reflector. My guess is they are taking pics for the website or other media
They said it's a photo shoot, so they took a picture of the photo shoot itself. Likely it's a light box or reflection box.

HTSC
Old Sep 1, 2011, 10:08 am

Programs: AA, AS, SQ, Hilton Diamond, PC Platinum, National Exec
Originally Posted by USFlyer26
The seatmap for my PIT-BOS flight on Tue. shows that it's a reconfigured 175. That could certainly change, but I'm in 2A right now, and I'll report back!
I'm on an E175 flight on Tuesday showing an F class setup as well. 3A for me!

I will report back too.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Don't get your hopes up, US web site states, while the fleet is in transition seat maps will show FC but your flight might not have it. Also the true FC experience wont start until all of that fleet type is completed. So until all E170/175s are done, you might get a FC seat but don't expect other FC perks. Now Ih ave flown on UAX and AE RJ's in FC, its nice and I'm sure the E170's will be better.

Originally Posted by Dan6681
I'm on an E175 flight on Tuesday showing an F class setup as well. 3A for me!

I will report back too.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 11:21 am

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
The first plane to have FC is flying starting today. 128HQ E175. The rest start the MX rotations on the 20th.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
I think saying that first plane to have FC is flying today, is miss leading people. It has the seats installed, but the FC service does not start today.

Originally Posted by cwe84
The first plane to have FC is flying starting today. 128HQ E175. The rest start the MX rotations on the 20th.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA, AS, SQ, Hilton Diamond, PC Platinum, National Exec
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
I think saying that first plane to have FC is flying today, is miss leading people. It has the seats installed, but the FC service does not start today.
We all know that the RJ F service is not starting until 2012. We also know that the plane that is scheduled is not always the one you get.

No one is being mislead it is all on the website. @:-) CWE is being helpful by passing along information we don't have. You are being unhelpful by posting redundant information.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by Dan6681
We all know that the RJ F service is not starting until 2012.
Actually I didn't think this was the case. I thought that F service would begin once that particular aircraft type had been reconfigured, not the entire fleet of Express planes with F (170, 17, CR7, CR9).
Old Sep 1, 2011, 12:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by GotCalcio4
I thought that F service would begin once that particular aircraft type had been reconfigured...
That's what I've heard/seen as well.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 1:54 pm

Programs: US Chairman, Delta Silver, UA Premier, Hyatt Platinum
"We're adding First Class to four US Airways Express fleets this fall. During installation, we will offer Coach service throughout the aircraft. But as soon as all aircraft in each fleet are updated, you'll be able to buy First Class seats, receive Preferred upgrades...and enjoy First Class service.....And once each fleet is complete, we'll start issuing automatic Preferred upgrades and offering First Class service. "

It's for each type of AC. For example, I can purchase a FC ticket on an E175 or an E170 from BOS-PIT in November.

If you search for a CRJ900 flight in November like CLT-AUS, it shows the FC seatmap, but FC is not available for purchase.

Last edited by USFlyer26; Sep 1, 2011 at 2:01 pm
Old Sep 1, 2011, 1:54 pm

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Oui Vey......
Old Sep 1, 2011, 1:58 pm

Programs: US Chairman, Delta Silver, UA Premier, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by cwe84
Oui Vey......
Indeed. I think 99.99% of us knew what you intended to convey in your post.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 2:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by USFlyer26
Indeed. I think 99.99% of us knew what you intended to convey in your post.
+1

AND we thank you for doing so! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.