Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Random 1,000 Miles

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2011, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Platinum 50+
I got this email the other night. And while I don't have a line item posting for 1,000 miles, I am pretty sure my balance is higher by 1,000 miles.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by apeortdz
The only complaint I have is that I did not get the email. I am CP, a Club member, and a US credit card holder. Maybe that strikes me out...
Nope. I'm CP, Club, and a credit card holder and got it yesterday. Wait, actually, I have 2 US Airways credit cards. Maybe it really is three strikes.

Still don't see it in my miles listing, though.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 4:22 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Originally Posted by mister880
To those of you complaining ...? You didn't know it was coming... You don't even know why or how you got it but you still insist on slamming them or their IT for a fail?

Quit slapping gift horses!

Kevin Leidecker

PS... I got the email!
When an email has a subject "They're waiting for you" and the body of the email says "we added 1000 miles to your account," it would simply be nice if those were truthful statements.

Since this isn't the first "fail" for their IT (there are plenty of website issues existing today and it's never fully worked in Firefox), I have no problem slamming their incompetence.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 5:29 pm

This is keeping 2 kids accounts with no activity for a year active for another 18 months.

Thanks US and sorry Itunes/US Airways Mall - you will not be getting the $1x2 transactions this year.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 5:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Don't want to slap a gift horse and thank you US for 1K miles that haven't posted yet....but, why?

CP based on BIS miles, fly plenty segments and distance, wife is GP, 4 credit cards that all top $25K annually, buy lots of miles, use 100K's of FF miles annually, plenty of partner purchases, club member for years, why in the heck do they (US) think 1000 miles of non-EQM would move the needle for me on any purchase decision? Hasn't posted and will probably not even notice when it does. Makes them look stupid. Just when I was starting to understand US.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 7:47 pm

I got it too! I only had 1 US trip last year - PIT-CLT-RIC and back. I have an award ticket booked for May which left my balance at 11,000. They retained my silver status for 2011, I had the RIC trip plus a PIT-IAH on Continental. Rest of my travel last year was Delta. Delta has really picked up the elites at PIT. I am silver but have not had one upgrade this year, not even close, you can tell by the number boarding in zone 1.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 7:59 pm

Programs: *A Gold
Its been 2 days and the miles havent posted yet. Damn. WIll need to transfer some miles from starwood to topup an account
Old Apr 5, 2011, 8:09 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL Silver, MR Plat, SPG Plat, CP Diamond, PC Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by aacreative
Its been 2 days and the miles havent posted yet. Damn. WIll need to transfer some miles from starwood to topup an account

Actually, a bit less than 25 hours, if you want to be accurate. Even so, free is free, so whenever they hit, they hit, right?

Regardless of each person's circumstances, these were never expected, so it's not as if the "delay" in posting should cause anyone distress.

Still, give it another day, maybe you'll get lucky. If not, call US Air, explain your situation and request some emergency-complimentary miles so you have enough to book your award ticket. Be charming, be sweet. Always works for me.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 9:53 pm

Whatever the reason for the delay, I'm still curious why the bonus came up now. Anyone have ideas besides customer loyalty, or is that the likeliest explanation? Sounds good. Call it idle curiosity or over-analysis -- definitely both -- but it's sure fun to guess.

Last edited by NewArrival; Apr 5, 2011 at 10:08 pm
Old Apr 5, 2011, 10:33 pm

Programs: UA 1P, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat, US Dirt
I got the email and still don't see the miles.
I have no relationship with US now after swearing them off 4 years ago. I have 24K in my account and this 1K extra will give me 25K so I can book an award ticket and rid myself of this nursery school airline.......so thanks to US for topping off the account so I can close my 13 year old account!^^
Old Apr 5, 2011, 11:17 pm

Programs: AA, AS, BA, UA, HH, Hyatt
1000 bonus miles just posted to my wife's account, but not mine. We both got the email 24 hours ago.

4/4/2011 04/05/11 CUSTOMER APPRECIATION BONUS 1,000
Old Apr 5, 2011, 11:44 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Originally Posted by Milano Suprano
1000 bonus miles just posted to my wife's account, but not mine. We both got the email 24 hours ago.

Of three account here, my wife's got this. Still waiting on mine and the miles for my mother's account also. Free miles are free miles but the rhyme or reason behind it escapes me - my mom's account has 0 miles and has been that way for a couple years.

I expect this will take up to a day to roll through. The Platinum email response I received at 5pm today said it would post within 24 hours.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 9:09 am

Programs: Marriott Gold; IHG Platinum; Insomnia Cookies
I received the 1,000 miles as "Customer Appreciation Bonus" sometime between 9 PM Eastern last night and 10 AM this morning.

I haven't received any email about the 1,000 miles - they just showed up. I'm not complaining.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 9:44 am

Programs: AA Gold, HHonors Gold
Milano Suprano:
“1000 bonus miles just posted to my wife's account, but not mine.”

ArizonaGuy:
“…my wife's got this. Still waiting on mine…”

+1

Old Apr 6, 2011, 12:08 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum, Hertz Gold, National Emerald
mine posted today:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.