Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Random 1,000 Miles

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2011, 8:55 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Got the same email around 10:30PM tonight, but no miles posted, and no other family members have received the email. I have had virtually no activity with US in some time, so no idea what would have triggered this bit of generosity.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 8:57 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
I got the email too. Just checked and no miles. But I have to say if it happens, it was a pleasant litttle surprise from our stingy airline. I applaude them, once I get them :-)
Old Apr 4, 2011, 9:21 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, United Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Missed timing on a cruel April Fool's joke?
Old Apr 4, 2011, 9:22 pm

Programs: AA Explat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platnium
Me too

I got the message tonight, but no miles. I am CP with flights every week but one this year. And I thought they loved me!

PT
Old Apr 4, 2011, 9:27 pm

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by GNRMatt
We know you love award travel...and we love seeing you happy!

Wow, and I thought that the email was truly targeted. After all, in a 6-month period in 2010, I used 350,000 US miles on award travel. Well, I hope we all get a free 1000 miles.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 9:35 pm

I'm in the same boat, got the email but no points. Is it unreasonable and too early to wonder if Epsilon's database breach could have something to do with it? On second thought, that does sound alarmist, but, well, does anyone know if Dividend Miles has a contract with Epsilon? Someone tell me to shush.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 9:40 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA, BA, CO, US
Originally Posted by NewArrival
I'm in the same boat, got the email but no points. Is it unreasonable and too early to wonder if Epsilon's database breach could have something to do with it? On second thought, that does sound alarmist, but, well, does anyone know if Dividend Miles has a contract with Epsilon? Someone tell me to shush.
I also thought the same thing.

The headers for the message I got show that it originated from myusairways.com which is owned by US Airways at least.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 9:44 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL Silver, MR Plat, SPG Plat, CP Diamond, PC Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by NewArrival

Thought the same thing for about a second, but I got 12, maybe 15 of those Epsilon emails today, and I don't believe any of them was from US Air.

Then again, anything is possible, I guess.

I didn't check any of the links in that "1,000 mile" email to see if legit,...anyone? Maybe they were part of this email theft and we all got SPAMMED with bogus links with the promise of free miles?

I think the email was legit, but again, anything is possible, right?
Old Apr 4, 2011, 10:05 pm
evq

Programs: EVA Air Diamond, Fairmont Premier
never flew USair in my life. the miles i have in my account were purchase. but today i received the email but didnt get the mails
Old Apr 4, 2011, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got the email - but I don't think I have the miles.

My family has four accounts with US, and all use my email address.

Nothing in the email says to whom it refers.

Something tells me this will never happen. Could it be nonsense sent by the people that stole the email lists from Epsilon that every company seems to use?
Old Apr 4, 2011, 10:32 pm

Got email, no miles.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Got email, no miles.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 10:43 pm

Programs: USAirways, SPG gold, Marriott Silver
The US Airways Master Card through Barcley's was one of the accounts breached. Are you all MC holders? I got the message twice (hubby uses my email address), and I used to have a MC of my own, as well. What bothers me is there is no DM number in the email, something every other correspondence from USAirways has.
I'm not holding my breath,
EIleen

Last edited by EileenSRN; Apr 4, 2011 at 10:45 pm Reason: sp error
Old Apr 4, 2011, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
I own a DM Visa through BofA, not the Barclay's Mastercard.

That being said, my US promo emails ALWAYS have my name and number in them. Hmmmmmmm...
Old Apr 4, 2011, 10:55 pm
g11

Programs: SPG Gold, Sixt Gold
I did not get an email or any bonus miles

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.