Random 1,000 Miles

Old Apr 4, 2011, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Random 1,000 Miles

So, I just got an e-mail from US Airways that says:

"Miles make you smile...
...And they get you where you want to be

We know you love award travel...and we love seeing you happy! So, we added 1,000 bonus miles to your account.* We hope these miles get you a little closer to your next award trip. Keep flying and using Dividend Miles partners and youll be on your way in no time! "

Anyone else get this? I still don't see the miles posted in my account though.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 7:31 pm

Programs: SPG PLAT, GP DIAMOND
Just received, and with a link that put me trought the new share promotion!
Old Apr 4, 2011, 7:42 pm

Programs: AA, AS, WN, Marriott, Hilton
I got the email, but don't see the miles yet.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 7:45 pm

I've not gotten that what status level are you? Have you been on any new routes? Have you been flying more or less then usual on US Airways?

I want bonus miles...

Kevin
www.mister880.com

Follow me on Twiiter @Leidecker4
Old Apr 4, 2011, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
I actually have zero status. I have 5 flights with them this year.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 8:02 pm

Programs: AA, AS, WN, Marriott, Hilton
No status. I have 2 segments so far this year. Last year this time I had 8.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 8:06 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL Silver, MR Plat, SPG Plat, CP Diamond, PC Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by GNRMatt
So, I just got an e-mail from US Airways that says:

"Miles make you smile...
...And they get you where you want to be

We know you love award travel...and we love seeing you happy! So, we added 1,000 bonus miles to your account.* We hope these miles get you a little closer to your next award trip. Keep flying and using Dividend Miles partners and you’ll be on your way in no time! "

Anyone else get this? I still don't see the miles posted in my account though.

Random, indeed. I got the same email tonight at 9:09pm EDT. I figured it must have been yet another random advertisement, but was surprised to see the "1,000 miles bonus" bit.

As far as how or why this was targeted,...I have not flown US Air since 10/2009,....before that, maybe 2007. I decided a few years back that I wouldn't be flying with them anymore, and if I did, I would send all my miles to my United FFP.

Maybe that is why I got this,...in an attempt to get me back? I only have enough miles for a single RT award ticket at this point, and whenever I use that, I may close my account. We'll see.

As far as more recent, non-flying activity, I did download and install the new Shopping Toolbar, so maybe that prompted this random bonus?

FYI,...Miles have not posted yet.

Regardless, thanks US Air.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 8:11 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum, Hertz Gold, National Emerald
I got the email as well. I have no status, am a club member, and even though I fly constantly, it's as a non-rev. But hey, 1k bonus miles I'm down with that! :-)
Old Apr 4, 2011, 8:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Platinum, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 *
I got it too. And no miles posted yet. No status for me. I was Gold for 2 years and then down to Silver for 2 years which ended in 2010. Even though routes and fares are tempting at times for me in DC, I have vowed to never to fly US again. This won't sway me. Bitter? Yes.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 8:15 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA, BA, CO, US
Originally Posted by GamecockFan
I got the email, but don't see the miles yet.
Same.

I just signed up for my account last week.

I did just sign up for one of their credit cards today but I don't think that matters.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 8:29 pm
FSU

Just go the email as well. Haven't flown US in over 3 years. I did just buy their club membership recently during their big sale.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA Plat
I got the email as well--but not miles

Doesn't look like it was targeted. As a current CP, I don't really fit in the category of those above who do not fly US at all.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 8:45 pm

Programs: US CP, HH Diamond, SPG Platinum
I got the bonus miles email as well. I'm CP and have been travelling very frequently. Not sure of the targeting logic.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 8:46 pm

Programs: AA-P, B6, DL, SW, SPG_M-P, AGR-S+
Originally Posted by DCAorBust
I got the email as well--but not miles

Doesn't look like it was targeted. As a current CP, I don't really fit in the category of those above who do not fly US at all.
I got the email as well with no sign of the miles posting. I hit gold in 2009 (thanks to a vacation in Australia), dropped down to silver on 3/1, and most recently flew in January.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 8:52 pm

Programs: USAIR gold, HH diamond, SPG gold
I got the email as well. It seems like the only thing any of us has in common is the fact that the miles have not posted to the account. And it clearly says that the miles are already in the account, not that they will be in the account in the future.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.