Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Random 1,000 Miles

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2011, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by airgator
Is it possible that this is a false email from someone who get the breached Epsilon marketing lists?
Parts about this appear to be legitimate. It looks like it was sent from a US Airways IP address (67.131.29.29) using the same client that other US emails come from (eBizmailer4.0). Yet other things look wrong, such as not including name and DM#.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 9:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by NewArrival
I called Dividend Miles customer service just now and I'm told the email is legitimate and it's just an IT delay. Expect the miles within 24-48 hours.
Thanks for the update! ^
Old Apr 5, 2011, 9:16 am

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
Originally Posted by NewArrival
I called Dividend Miles customer service just now and I'm told the email is legitimate and it's just an IT delay. Expect the miles within 24-48 hours.
So chalk this up to "Order of promotion FAIL"?
Old Apr 5, 2011, 9:30 am

Programs: AA CK, DL GM, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH DIA
Got it last night. Odd.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 10:41 am

Programs: US Silver, HHonors Silver
Got email. No miles. Silver Preferred, have Mastercard.

Glad to hear this wasn't a fake email. Wish US's IT dept would quit dropping the ball on these type of things.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 10:55 am

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
Originally Posted by jtb226
Got email. No miles. Silver Preferred, have Mastercard.

Glad to hear this wasn't a fake email. Wish US's IT dept would quit dropping the ball on these type of things.
Being in IT(not at US though), I know we get blamed for *everything*. Chances are this was a disconnect between the marketing folks who give the IT people their orders, or the third party that manages the mailers. US IT is far from perfect but I do like to see "blame" laid on the right doorstep. More often than not, when it comes to mass mailings and mass customer contact, the IT staff is just a bunch of worker bees following someone else's schedule and requests.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 11:27 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marr Plat, Natl Elite, AMEX Plat, AA PP
I received the email as well, although the miles have not yet posted. CP, not a club member, no credit card.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 11:29 am
g11

Programs: SPG Gold, Sixt Gold
Originally Posted by g11
I did not get an email or any bonus miles
I got an email this morning. Never flown US, and only have 1500 miles in my account from a signup promo.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 11:58 am

Programs: *A Gold
Now got the mail but no miles....
Old Apr 5, 2011, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA Plat
69 posts, and not one person has asked what sort of compensation is due for the late posting of these miles!

Shame on you all.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 12:17 pm
g11

Programs: SPG Gold, Sixt Gold
Originally Posted by DCAorBust
69 posts, and not one person has asked what sort of compensation is due for the late posting of these miles!

Shame on you all.
They are free miles, we can't be complaining. Not yet at least
Old Apr 5, 2011, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
The only complaint I have is that I did not get the email. I am CP, a Club member, and a US credit card holder. Maybe that strikes me out...
Old Apr 5, 2011, 12:45 pm

To those of you complaining ...? You didn't know it was coming... You don't even know why or how you got it but you still insist on slamming them or their IT for a fail?

Quit slapping gift horses!

Kevin Leidecker

PS... I got the email!
Old Apr 5, 2011, 12:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors Silver VIP, Delta Skymiles, USAirways
Originally Posted by g11
They are free miles, we can't be complaining. Not yet at least
Originally Posted by mister880
To those of you complaining ...? You didn't know it was coming... You don't even know why or how you got it but you still insist on slamming them or their IT for a fail?

Quit slapping gift horses!
+1
Old Apr 5, 2011, 2:04 pm

Programs: Miles & More;
Somehow it looks totally random who got that e-mail.
I have neither Status nor a CreditCard with US Airways - and my last flight on a US Plane was in 2007 and i also got the e-mail (and no miles yet)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.