Search

Random 1,000 Miles

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2011, 3:06 am
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by vacagirl
yup...got the email...really? They couldn't send an email and say okay we goofed but because we goofed you get to keep them anyways???
I got from US Airways:
Earlier this week, we inadvertently delivered an email message to many of our Dividend Miles members' email accounts. Unfortunately, one of those accounts was yours. Worse, this email incorrectly stated that we posted 1,000 Dividend Miles into your account. This was not accurate and the email message was sent in error.

We apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused you and appreciate your understanding.
Huuuuu
Old Apr 9, 2011, 3:17 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Wife and I both got first email. Wife is silver. Wife got miles. Wife smiles.

I have dirt status. I got oops email. I'm mad.

This was a disaster for US. I've gone from being a thankful customer to being irate. A real lesson in how to turn your customer base against you in two easy steps.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 3:29 am
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Exclamation Complain to US Air and/or the BBB

Originally Posted by dwcatty
Wife and I both got first email. Wife is silver. Wife got miles. Wife smiles.

I have dirt status. I got oops email. I'm mad.

This was a disaster for US. I've gone from being a thankful customer to being irate. A real lesson in how to turn your customer base against you in two easy steps.
It is ridiculous to promise 1'000 miles and then say "sorry, that was wrong".

I will first complain to US Air and if this doesn't help, I will fill a complaint with the BBB.

Hope that others do the same
Old Apr 9, 2011, 4:24 am

Oops! I suddenly became loyal to another airline. "Sorry" US Airways.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 5:45 am

Programs: I miss US Airways
Didn't feel like bothering with a call center so I e-mailed in basically saying that if a "customer appreciation bonus" of 1000 miles is given to Preferreds, is this to say you don't appreciate your non-Preferred customers?

Will report back with results.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by Milano Suprano
1000 bonus miles just posted to my wife's account, but not mine. We both got the email 24 hours ago.

4/4/2011 04/05/11 CUSTOMER APPRECIATION BONUS 1,000
+1 though mine posted a couple of days later
Old Apr 9, 2011, 7:34 am

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
Originally Posted by Zurich Flyer
It is ridiculous to promise 1'000 miles and then say "sorry, that was wrong".

I will first complain to US Air and if this doesn't help, I will fill a complaint with the BBB.

Hope that others do the same
I don't see how the BBB can be expected to help. The company announced a promotion; the company cancelled the promotion. There's been no exchange of money and no breach of contract because there was no contract; you didn't agree to anything. You just recieved an email. This is like going to the grocery in response to an unbelievable price in an ad, and upon arrival, finding that very ad taped to the entry door saying "this was a typo, the real price was xxx and the ad price won't be honored" without the leaving-your-house part.

I think what US did was in really poor taste and bad for PR but the BBB isn't around to handle stuff like that.

Write US a complaint by all means but leave the BBB out of it; why waste your time and theirs?
Old Apr 9, 2011, 8:30 am

Programs: DL Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
I just called DM customer service and requested that they credit the 1000 miles to my account even though I got the Oops email. It sounded like they were getting a ton of these calls... sure enough, this is a great way to piss off your customers.

Long story short, it sounds like they are giving the CSRs the ability to manually add 1000 miles to DM accounts starting on Monday. It will not be an automatic process; you will have to call in and request it. YMMV.

Edit:
Oh, also, the CSR tried to play it off as if the Oops email was a mistake and everyone should get the 1000 miles... If they call in starting Monday. What a joke.

Last edited by downhillskier; Apr 9, 2011 at 8:37 am
Old Apr 9, 2011, 9:07 am

Programs: I miss US Airways
Originally Posted by downhillskier
Oh, also, the CSR tried to play it off as if the Oops email was a mistake and everyone should get the 1000 miles... If they call in starting Monday. What a joke.
Should we be expecting to see an Oops! e-mail regarding the Oops! e-mail?
Old Apr 9, 2011, 9:45 am

Programs: AA Gold, Flying club silver
I also received both emails and just called US Airways.
The CSR told me that the miles will be posted to my account on Monday.

I did not mention the oops email just that the 1000 miles had not been posted yet.

Lets see what happens on Monday.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 9:47 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott-SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
I got the email as a CP. The miles posted last night without any intervention on my part. I never received the oops email.

I wonder what the criteria was for this (it there was any). My wife (GP), and sons (GP and SP) did not receive the email. Neither did my boss (CP who flys much more than I do).
Old Apr 9, 2011, 10:29 am

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
Originally Posted by sbbutler93
Didn't feel like bothering with a call center so I e-mailed in basically saying that if a "customer appreciation bonus" of 1000 miles is given to Preferreds, is this to say you don't appreciate your non-Preferred customers?

Will report back with results.
I don't think there's any indication that this is just for Preferreds, or that PreferrEd customers are any less likely to get the Oops email.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 10:33 am

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Sabre1
I got the email as a CP. The miles posted last night without any intervention on my part. I never received the oops email.

I wonder what the criteria was for this (it there was any). My wife (GP), and sons (GP and SP) did not receive the email. Neither did my boss (CP who flys much more than I do).
Didn't receive either email as a SP.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 11:05 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
It seems it was supposed to be sent to all preferred, but ONLY if you had e-mail subscription.

I got the mail, being silver, not the oops (which my no-status sister got), and miles automatically.

I also called in for a few other accts, who didnt get the mail, being non preferred and without e-mail subscription. After noting that they sent an apology mail, and a bit of a hold, miles posted immediately on several acct but with a few variations;
4/9/2011 04/09/11 WEB CHECK IN BONUS 500
4/9/2011 04/09/11 EMPLOYEE REWARDS TRANSFER 1,000

Great IT yeah
Old Apr 9, 2011, 11:16 am

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
Originally Posted by Godolphin
I also received both emails and just called US Airways.
The CSR told me that the miles will be posted to my account on Monday.

I did not mention the oops email just that the 1000 miles had not been posted yet.

Lets see what happens on Monday.
I just did the same. Got overseas somewhere. I was told the same thing and to call back Monday to get them posted. "We had been doing it, but we are now discontinuing the posting. We will begin again on Monday April 11."

I call BS on this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.