Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Slam 2010!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2010, 9:14 am

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Originally Posted by mrredskin
dam... ive got 485 miles on e-miles but with DL!!! cant switch, either had to sign up with a new account and only have about 300 now :/
You have until November 14th. 200 miles in over 2 months usually works out if they throw out a few that give another 10 for signing up for a free email subscription or info by mail (Sherman's Travel, get a Disney vacation magazine, etc). I did it last year for both my wife and mother - each got the 300 to start and I was able to redeem 500 before the promo ended.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 9:16 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
thanks for the helpful info. will hopefully remember to take advantage of every offer like that so i can earn the point without any added cost. charitable contribution wouldnt hurt, tho. i value 100 miles at $0.05, Mr. IRS.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 10:09 am

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
i value 100 miles at $0.05, Mr. IRS.
If only we could buy 'em that cheaply. Though with US miles sales and the ridiculous promos we get as close as possible!
Old Aug 31, 2010, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by andyandy
FYI, cheapest item I can find on Skymall is "Improvements Bag Clips" at $1.47 + $7.99 shipping. And they are even usefull!

Cheapest item on OfficeMax is "OfficeMax Refill for chain pen" @ $.99 + $7.95 shipping

Andyandy
That's even better than my find of replacement spikes for your lawn aerator shoes for $2.99! Still might have to buy the spike though. Can't have enough sharp pointy spikes lying around!
Old Aug 31, 2010, 10:37 am

Programs: A few
dumb question but how do you get us credit at officemax.com? i don't see it in the us shopping mall.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 10:42 am

Wow -- the points.com site is infuriating. I'm trying to figure out what programs transfer into dividend miles and that is hard enough. Trying to register programs is even harder. I guess they figure that since the service they provide offers pretty much zilch for value, they might as well make it seem more exclusive by making their website a piece of junk.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 10:51 am

Programs: Days of Our Lives, General Hospital
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
dumb question but how do you get us credit at officemax.com? i don't see it in the us shopping mall.
Message #139 in this very thread, one page back from here.

Don't use the shopping mall for anything that is listed as a separate hit! There is only one hit for the shopping mall no matter how many different merchants you buy from.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 11:04 am

Programs: Marriot LT Plat, Aeroplan
For non US residents who want to get retailer hits but have no US shipping address

I contacted the US Salvation army with a general question about whether or not they would accept small household items (such as corkscrews, mirrors, books, TV wipes etc...) that would be shipped directly to them.

A manager with the organization sent me this in reply:

Thanks for writing to The Salvation Army.

Based on your e-mail, I don't see a problem with that at all. In fact, we would be quite pleased to accept household goods such as those you've described, provided they are clean and in good working order. You can find a list of locations that would accept such donations by visiting our website at http://www.satruck.org and entering your zip code.

I hope this information is helpful and I thank you for your support.
So for non US residents, or for US residents who want to participate but won't be using these goods please find a US based salvation army location to ship these goods to (mark them 'donation' or something).

They probably won't accept wine or cookies or flowers though.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 11:29 am

Programs: US CP, DL GM, AA Plat
When earning "hits" for car rentals, can I ask a friend or relative who is making a car rental reservation to use my Dividend Miles account number? Would I earn a hit even though the reservation isn't under my name?
Old Aug 31, 2010, 12:23 pm

Thrifty Parking Locations

FYI - Thrifty's website lists their parking locations http://www.thrifty.com/Parking/content.aspx You can drill through to get rates.

Locations:
Boston
Buffalo
Burlington
Chattanooga
Chicago
Columbus
Dallas
Dayton
Kansas City
LaGuardia
Louisville
Portland, OR
Providence
San Antonio
Seattle
Old Aug 31, 2010, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Platinum 50+
Originally Posted by Splittin' Aces
FYI - Thrifty's website lists their parking locations http://www.thrifty.com/Parking/content.aspx You can drill through to get rates.

Locations:
Boston
Buffalo
Burlington
Chattanooga
Chicago
Columbus
Dallas
Dayton
Kansas City
LaGuardia
Louisville
Portland, OR
Providence
San Antonio
Seattle
I'm not sure I understand how this helps with hits.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by adkrick
I'm not sure I understand how this helps with hits.
me neither, but love the $4.99 at CHA !
Old Aug 31, 2010, 1:46 pm

Programs: BD *G, DL PM, HH Gold
me neither, but love the $4.99 at CHA !
You get 250 miles per 3 parking stays, I mentioned this above a few pages back too. It should count as a car rental hit, I would think? The best deal looks to be at San Antonio, $1.50 for an hour.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by AdamK
You get 250 miles per 3 parking stays, I mentioned this above a few pages back too. It should count as a car rental hit, I would think? The best deal looks to be at San Antonio, $1.50 for an hour.
i was just refering to actually using their lot when flying. saves $3 a day.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 2:38 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Platinum 50+
Originally Posted by AdamK
Well, the car rental hits specifically say "1 hit per mileage earning car rental" so I'm not sure how you can assume that parking counts. Is there some precedent here? It would be nice for those of you who live near one for sure!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.