Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Slam 2010!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2010, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by mrredskin
btw, sudden brain collapse on my part: to do the hotel program to US exchanges, it has to be from the hotel's site, correct? we can't use points.com for several of those?
Hotel points to US Dividend Miles conversions will not count as a hotel conversion hit if done through points.com.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by Argonott
Thanks for mentioning this. I also purchased the American Cellars Wine Collection membership. I received the wine and 390 points hit on my USAirways account, but I didn't receive the 2,000 bonus points and they didn't give me 50% off. I'm going to have to call them on it.
Wow, Vinesse is not coming across so well in this promo. Usually, the idea of offering miles is to get someone interested in your product or service and leave them with a favorable impression. Vinesse seems to have that exactly backwards.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 8:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, SPG Gold, National EC Executive, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by miffSC
I called and asked them some questions - about closing and reopening - using my cc and dm# and a different name - using a different address -signing up Mr. Miff - etc. They will only award if it is an entirely new account. They have some way of cross-referencing all of the above - name, addy, cc# etc. If you can find a way around all of that, I'd be interested in knowing.
I've had a Netflix account off and on for years. Just before the promo started, I rejoined Nexflix. So to get the hit for the promo, I cancelled the account and opened a "new" account using the following criteria:

1. I did not use my full name, for example, if I am "John Albert Smith" I would enter "J. Smith" or J. Albert Smith."

2. I used a different credit card.

3. I used a different mailing address (work). We do not order DVDs to be delivered and only use the "watch now" via xbox360 or ipad.

4. I used a different internet link that I rarely use, instead of Firefox, I used Explorer.

5. I use an email address never used before with Netflix. I think I used my kids or work.

I can confirm that they opened a "new account" and I did not get the "welcome back" messages.

I have not received the US Airways miles yet, I will post when I do.

Last edited by poptarts; Sep 23, 2010 at 1:56 pm Reason: add more info
Old Sep 23, 2010, 8:50 am

Hey -

Total newbie here that has been on SD and FW for years. Thanks to the Grand Slam promo I have found out about this awesome community. So thank you for that. Silly question:

Where the heck do I check my hits? I know that I need at least four before they show up, but where does it actually show it?

I'm logged into my US Dividend Miles account .. And I don't see anything of that nature!

btw - I got started a little late, but I'm still hoping on hitting the 36 hits mark!

Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 23, 2010, 8:59 am

Question - in the first post it mentions the restaurant.com certs with the thanksagain network, but Paradies airport shops (aka CNBC et al) offer 100 bonus miles for first time purchases. Can I get the 100 bonus miles + hit if I register for ThanksAgain and buy a candy bar or peanuts at an airport CNBC?
Old Sep 23, 2010, 9:03 am

Hits

Just wanted to give an update as far as timing, in case it helps some people.

9/11/2010 09/20/10 OFFICEMAX CREDIT 52
9/11/2010 09/23/10 SHOPPING MALL, WALMART 3
9/12/2010 09/16/10 MAGAZINES FOR MILES REDEMPTION -500
9/13/2010 09/13/10 EXCHANGE MILES 1
9/13/2010 09/17/10 VINESSE.COM WINE PURCHASE 135
9/13/2010 09/21/10 HILTON HOTELS BONUS 718
9/14/2010 09/21/10 THANKS AGAIN MILEAGE AWARD 6

Still waiting on DM Wireless (9/13 purchase of wipes), 21st Century Quote (9/13), SuperShuttle (9/20 - did not ride), Biscoff (9/20), e-Miles transfer (9/22).

I ordered two bottles of wine from Vinesse, BTW - no club or guide or anything.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 9:12 am

Programs: AA Nothing, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by poptarts
I've had a Netflix account off and on for years. Just before the promo started, I rejoined Nexflix. So to get the hit for the promo, I cancelled the account and opened a "new" account using the following criteria:

1. I did not use my full name, for example, if I am "John Albert Smith" I would enter "J. Smith" or J. Albert Smith."

3. I used a different mailing address (work). We do not order DVDs to be delivered and only use the "watch now" via xbox360 or ipad.

4. I used a different internet link that I rarely use, instead of Firefox, I used Explorer.

I can confirm that they opened a "new account" and I did not get the "welcome back" messages.

I have not received the US Airways miles yet, I will post when I do.

Did you use the same email address?
Old Sep 23, 2010, 9:45 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
I've had a Netflix account off and on for years. Just before the promo started, I rejoined Nexflix. So to get the hit for the promo, I cancelled the account and opened a "new" account using the following criteria:<snip>
I've never had a Netflix account, but I got a "welcome back" message. Going to watch my first movie tonight.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 9:52 am

Programs: None
Originally Posted by firewire0
Where the heck do I check my hits? I know that I need at least four before they show up, but where does it actually show it?
The hits count is updated every other week with the first update a couple of days ago (the 20th). It seems to work with the steps being:

1 - DM member does an activity that produces a hit.
2 - The activity posts to members account
3 - Bi-weekly the Grand Slam bonus earned is posted.

I haven't seen anyone mention a "hit counter" that shows how many hits a member has. Apparently the only indication of hits is the individual activities and the bi-weekly posting of Grand Slam bonus miles.

Since you're new to this promo, it could be that not enough hit activies have posted to your account for the last update to show any Grand Slam bonus points (or maybe even the activities haven't posted yet). If you look through this thread starting with posts made on the 20th, you'll see some examples of bonus miles posted from this promo.

Basically, it's up to you to track your qualifying activities, make sure they post, and check the Grand Slam bonus posts bi-weekly to make sure everything is accurate. Somewhere in this thread a poster gave a link to a spreadsheet someone put together just for tracking this promo. That sounds like it would make tracking all of this easier.

Jim

Last edited by BoeingBoy; Sep 23, 2010 at 10:01 am
Old Sep 23, 2010, 9:56 am

Programs: US Gold, HH gold
Originally Posted by borkjr
Just wanted to give an update as far as timing, in case it helps some people.

9/11/2010 09/20/10 OFFICEMAX CREDIT 52
9/11/2010 09/23/10 SHOPPING MALL, WALMART 3
9/12/2010 09/16/10 MAGAZINES FOR MILES REDEMPTION -500
9/13/2010 09/13/10 EXCHANGE MILES 1
9/13/2010 09/17/10 VINESSE.COM WINE PURCHASE 135
9/13/2010 09/21/10 HILTON HOTELS BONUS 718
9/14/2010 09/21/10 THANKS AGAIN MILEAGE AWARD 6

Still waiting on DM Wireless (9/13 purchase of wipes), 21st Century Quote (9/13), SuperShuttle (9/20 - did not ride), Biscoff (9/20), e-Miles transfer (9/22).

I ordered two bottles of wine from Vinesse, BTW - no club or guide or anything.
to add to this for reference on my account - Super shuttle typically posts quickly.

9/14/2010 09/17/10 SUPER SHUTTLE CREDIT

trackit back posted within 2 days too.

Last edited by Jhoc; Sep 23, 2010 at 10:01 am
Old Sep 23, 2010, 10:02 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Intercontinental Platinum, AA Gold
Originally Posted by dctech
I just got an email reply about my order of the tasting guide. The CS rep on the phone escalated to "management" it since she didn't know whether I would get miles or not.

So now I have written proof that we should get miles for the tasting guides. Whether it posts in 3 or 30 days doesn't matter to me as long as it does eventually.

What is the email addresss you sent your concerns to? The website doesn't show a CSR email address, only a phone number. I want to get it in writing as well that I will receive credit. Thanks.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 10:29 am

Programs: AA, UA, NWA, SPG, HH
9/11/2010 09/23/10 HERTZ CAR RENTAL BONUS 50

My Hertz rental posted as above. Seems a little tardy...
Old Sep 23, 2010, 10:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat
Originally Posted by firewire0
Hey -

Total newbie here that has been on SD and FW for years. Thanks to the Grand Slam promo I have found out about this awesome community. So thank you for that. Silly question:

I'm logged into my US Dividend Miles account .. And I don't see anything of that nature!

btw - I got started a little late, but I'm still hoping on hitting the 36 hits mark!

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to FT! There is no official hit count provided by US airways except for the indication given by the bonus miles that post every two weeks. When we mention getting hits here we usually refer to the number of relevant activities that have posted to our DM account in the relevant timeframe. So if you bought and shared miles on Sep 17, for ex., and these post right away then these will be counted as two hits as long as you have registered for the promotion before sep 17. You can call US to confirm your registration.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 10:53 am

Did the card have the same billing address?
Old Sep 23, 2010, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by dwcatty
I've never had a Netflix account, but I got a "welcome back" message. Going to watch my first movie tonight.
Maybe you won't get the miles then? Though if you're genuinely a new customer, you have the strongest case... I've heard good things about Netflix customer service, so maybe it isn't hard to get the miles after all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.