Search

Grand Slam 2010!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2010, 10:58 am
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Originally Posted by Mr.Flyer
Does Netflix work with non-US address?

Can't you request a refund and try again with different cc?

Do you have a different cc# to use, or do you need help with getting one?

It does work but the computer system checks your IP number. When it realizes that you are not in the US, it does not allow you to watch the movies online.

In addition to that, it is to say that you need to sign-up with a US (hotel) address.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 10:58 am

If you have done points.com and greenpoints link with us air, check your emails - I just got notification from US air that somebody was trying to empty my account to GP and a lot more people have been affected.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 11:02 am

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Got my Hertz rental bonuses today as well!!!

I rented 5 one day and 1 the next and all posted as separate 50 mile bonuses, so this should count as 6 different hits ^.

EDIT: I'll update when we get the next bonus posting if it counted correctly as 6 or if there was any pain having to call and get them to correct it.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 11:09 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by rodrigo
Maybe you won't get the miles then? Though if you're genuinely a new customer, you have the strongest case... I've heard good things about Netflix customer service, so maybe it isn't hard to get the miles after all.
That's what I figured (strongest case with customer service). Of course, I have to wait for my free month to end first...
Old Sep 23, 2010, 11:18 am

points.com

anyone else get an email from usair?

Mr. Magicspot,

Please verify the transfer of 9,668 miles to Asia Airline miles.

Susan Holley
US Airways
Corporate Security
Fraud Analyst
i called them back and they mentioned a possible security breach at points.com and were verifying a number of transactions in the last 2 weeks.

i transferred 60 miles to asia and 1 back to usair but i never initiated the second transfer!
Old Sep 23, 2010, 11:23 am

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by magicspot
anyone else get an email from usair?

i called them back and they mentioned a possible security breach at points.com and were verifying a number of transactions in the last 2 weeks.

i transferred 60 miles to asia and 1 back to usair but i never initiated the second transfer!

Interesting. I always thought that the fact that we have to enter all our awards programs' passwords into points.com increased the likelihood of a security breach.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by tommyleo
Interesting. I always thought that the fact that we have to enter all our awards programs' passwords into points.com increased the likelihood of a security breach.
Just went in and removed all my accounts that had any miles from my account...hopefully, this will reduce the risk of a breach.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 11:35 am

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by johndeere19
Just went in and removed all my accounts that had any miles from my account...hopefully, this will reduce the risk of a breach.
Probably not since someone got your passwords. Maybe you logged on to a public computer? Try changing all passwords.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 11:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat
Originally Posted by heffa
Probably not since someone got your passwords. Maybe you logged on to a public computer? Try changing all passwords.
+1. Just ended up doing that. Thanks to those who posted for the heads up ^
Old Sep 23, 2010, 11:46 am

Programs: Days of Our Lives, General Hospital
Originally Posted by johndeere19
If a breach has already occurred, it would be prudent to change the passwords or PINs on the accounts that were previously entered at points.com. (Change them at the airline or hotel company's own web site, I mean.)
Old Sep 23, 2010, 11:53 am

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
21st Century Auto Insurance is going to save me $264/year on auto insurance plus give me a $50 gift card for using their auto-pay system. (Actually, the auto-insurance savings is $462, but I will now pay $198 more on my homeowners insurance because both my auto and homeowners insurance were with the same carrier.)

Since we're counting every extra dollar spent on this promo as "outlay," it seems fair to also subtract any money saved from that outlay.

Therefore, I now have 22 hits and have spent -$16.22 (yes, that's minus $16.22).

I also have gained 66,863 miles so far. That includes the 25,000 miles I will receive for getting the US Business MC (after my first purchase). And yes, I included the $79 annual fee in the outlay.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by tommyleo
21st Century Auto Insurance is going to save me $264/year on auto insurance plus give me a $50 gift card for using their auto-pay system. (Actually, the auto-insurance savings is $462, but I will now pay $198 more on my homeowners insurance because both my auto and homeowners insurance were with the same carrier.)

Since we're counting every extra dollar spent on this promo as "outlay," it seems fair to also subtract any money saved from that outlay.

Therefore, I now have 22 hits and have spent -$16.22 (yes, that's minus $16.22).

I also have gained 66,863 miles so far. That includes the 25,000 miles I will receive for getting the US Business MC (after my first purchase). And yes, I included the $79 annual fee in the outlay.
So your cpm is they're paying you to take miles from them...fantastic! Mine was actually significantly higher, so no help there.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
I saw something about trackitback/thanksagain and facebook, may I know what exactly it is and how to do it?
Old Sep 23, 2010, 12:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
21st Century Insurance

Did the 21st hit on September 7 but no miles so far.

Called them. Was first told that I need to inform US Airways that I did the quote Told the guy on the phone that this is for sure not how it works, blah blah blah...

To cut a long story: I was informed that the miles should post in about six to eight weeks
Old Sep 23, 2010, 12:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat
Originally Posted by UA Fan
I saw something about trackitback/thanksagain and facebook, may I know what exactly it is and how to do it?
Refer this post for details.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/14591371-post301.html

The 2500 referred to in the post has been updated to 10,000 if I remember correctly. No idea on whether that figure has been reached already - you will have to go to their FB page to check.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.