Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Slam 2010!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2010, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by adkrick
I'm not sure I understand how this helps with hits.
Sorry I wasn't clear. Burgh's post on the first page lists Thrifty parking ($4.50) and asks the question whether there were any other locations besides SAT. I was curious myself, so I looked it up and posted what I found. I figure even if it isn't your home airport, if you are renting a car at that location you could swing in, pay an hour of parking and get the hit. As for getting the hit credit, I don't know. True you are not renting a car, but Thrifty is one of the 130 partners listed and this does earn miles. I'd be interested to know as well if anyone tried this on last year's Grand Slam.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 4:14 pm

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
I'm excited for tomorrow! I'm ready to let those hits start flying I have 15 or so ready to rumble!
Old Aug 31, 2010, 5:30 pm

Programs: US Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5-Star
Originally Posted by mrredskin
dam... ive got 485 miles on e-miles but with DL!!! cant switch, either had to sign up with a new account and only have about 300 now :/
Without buying something or making a donation, it takes me about two to four months to earn 500 miles (going from 0 to 500). With 300 miles, you can do it within a month or two...last year, it took me six weeks to do the additional 200 miles. If you make a donation (i.e. $ 20) to a charitable organization, you should get 500 miles at $ 20 as well as a tax deducation.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 5:31 pm

Can my aunt rent a car from thrifty and give thrifty my dividend miles? Is it possible?
Old Aug 31, 2010, 5:33 pm

How are you guys seeing 300 miles on e-miles? I can only find 275 for signing up and doing all the profiles.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 5:35 pm

Programs: US Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5-Star
Originally Posted by starflyer
Has anyone registered AND received a registration confirmation email?
I have registered. I don't think that US Airways send confirmation e-mails. CO sends confirmation e-mails which I think is nice. I take a screen shot of my registration and save it as a graphic file; print the webpage as a .PDF file as well as making a Camtasia movie of the enrollment in case if there is an issue. Vigilance is required in the event of treachery.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 6:39 pm

Programs: US DM Chairman; Marriott Gold
Just showed up on twitter:

USAirways

Be the first to register for Dividend Miles Grand Slam. It’s live now for our Twitter followers. http://bit.ly/ceCCp8
Old Aug 31, 2010, 8:43 pm

Programs: None
Originally Posted by tiffany
Can my aunt rent a car from thrifty and give thrifty my dividend miles? Is it possible?
I can't say about Thrifty specifically, but generally the name on the rental agreement must match the name on the FF account.

Jim
Old Aug 31, 2010, 9:27 pm

Programs: US CP, DL GM, AA Plat
Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
I can't say about Thrifty specifically, but generally the name on the rental agreement must match the name on the FF account.

Jim
I've tried to research this and it seems you might be able to get away with it if you have the same last name.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 11:07 pm

Programs: None
I would imagine that different DM partners and even outlets of the same partner could vary, and I have no idea what gets reported to US. However, I tried a few times to credit hotel stays to my wife's MP account when she wasn't with me and they wouldn't do it with the reservation in my name. Admittedly, I never tried to con them by making the reservation in her name and using some excuse about why she didn't come in to check in.

Jim
Old Sep 1, 2010, 5:16 am

"Bonus miles will begin posting on September 20, 2010 and continue posting every other week until the last posting February 28, 2011."

Is it better to get four low-hanging hits right away and wait until the 20th to verify that you are getting the bonus miles?

I don't want to start transferring hotel points in and then find out there was a problem. I have registered several times, but have not received any emails. I did keep a screen shot of the registration.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 6:12 am

Programs: DL,US,UA
A line in the rules for this promo makes me wonder if Magazines for Miles will actually earn a hit:

"Activity where no miles are earned does not count towards hits or Grand Slam bonus miles."

MagsforMiles is listed as a partner alright, but it seems I'll be spending miles with them, rather than earning any....

In a desperate bid to get some miles into my DM account, I'd requested a transfer from e-miles a couple of weeks ago that hasn't actually shown up yet. If it does appear while this promo is in effect, will I earn a hit? Or will it post with an August date an not be eligible?

Thanks all. I've learned so much from you.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 6:58 am

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Originally Posted by philippa
A line in the rules for this promo makes me wonder if Magazines for Miles will actually earn a hit:

"Activity where no miles are earned does not count towards hits or Grand Slam bonus miles."

MagsforMiles is listed as a partner alright, but it seems I'll be spending miles with them, rather than earning any....

In a desperate bid to get some miles into my DM account, I'd requested a transfer from e-miles a couple of weeks ago that hasn't actually shown up yet. If it does appear while this promo is in effect, will I earn a hit? Or will it post with an August date an not be eligible?

Thanks all. I've learned so much from you.
MagsForMiles works even though it's the only one requiring you to spend miles. Did it last year to get Money magazine, will be doing it this year for The Economist even though it's a little steep.

My e-miles postings always have the redemption date, meaning you'll have an August activity date with a September posting date. It goes by date of activity so you're out of luck on that one for this promo, unfortunately.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 7:41 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
few questions/comments.

the points.com redirect isn't working for me from US website. do you have to sign up via the redirect or can u go straight to www.points.com/dividend-miles?

supper shuttle has a few discount codes (retailmenot.com) to save an extra $2-3. It's about $17 from DFW to downtown Dallas.

do you have to have one paid month with lifelock, or can you cancel at the 30day mark and still get points?
Old Sep 1, 2010, 7:46 am

Programs: starwood plat 5*elite svo, usair, delta, jetblue, southwest, nwa
i am staying at a westin in october with the 2 free night promotion,can i change to USair for the weekend so when i buy food the miles will go into my Usair account, and then change back when i get back? will food actually count toward miles for USair?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.