Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Slam 2010!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2010, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Skymall / Corkscrew

Thanks, I will update the "shopping list" in the first post to reflect that the corkscrew is cheaper than the mirror at SkyMall.

If you find any other bargains, please post them and I will update the first post accordingly.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 4:00 pm

Programs: BD *G, DL PM, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Burghs
Thanks, I will update the "shopping list" in the first post to reflect that the corkscrew is cheaper than the mirror at SkyMall.

If you find any other bargains, please post them and I will update the first post accordingly.
Great idea for the list, thanks Burghs.

The current wording on the US page implies that both FTD and Florist.com count as the same partner, so you might want to take one of them off the list or make some notation of that.

For anyone near a Thrifty Airport Parking, this might be a good deal, particularly at SAT. I havent looked into the details too much but it looks like $1.50 (1 hr parking) * 3 = 250 miles, or $4.50 for a hit. Too bad I'm not near SAT
Old Aug 30, 2010, 4:29 pm

Netflix:

Think I will have any problems if I want my netflix discs mailed to my work address instead of my house when I signup?
Old Aug 30, 2010, 4:36 pm

Programs: US,PC
Great work Burghs!!^
Old Aug 30, 2010, 4:46 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Originally Posted by NickHumphrey
Netflix:

Think I will have any problems if I want my netflix discs mailed to my work address instead of my house when I signup?
You shouldn't. While my experience on that is from several years ago, I had no trouble with delivery to work address while my house was the billing address. I now have them mailed to home so can't say if they've changed the rules or not.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 4:57 pm

Netflix:

Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
You shouldn't. While my experience on that is from several years ago, I had no trouble with delivery to work address while my house was the billing address. I now have them mailed to home so can't say if they've changed the rules or not.
I mean will I get the miles or not.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Is/Will there be a way to track your hits? I don't see anything when I log on to my US Airways account.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 7:04 pm

I mean will I get the miles or not.
Worked for me with UA about 4 months ago. We had Netflix for a few years, canceled the account, opened up a new account in Mrs. Aces' name with the shipping address as Mrs. Aces' office (billing address was our home). Miles posted a couple of weeks later, then went online and changed the shipping address back to the house.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 7:05 pm

Programs: None
Originally Posted by dukerau
Is/Will there be a way to track your hits?
US is supposed to track them automatically once you register. Note that the bonus miles are awarded only for specific numbers of hits (4 hits = 4,000 mile bonus, 8 hits = another 4,000 mile bonus, but 6 hits doesn't get you a total of 6,000 miles bonus) and the automatic updating will occur every other week until 2/28/2011.

Having said all that, I'd probably want to keep my own record of hits to verify the automatic updates.

Jim
Old Aug 30, 2010, 7:18 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Any reason not to order a $50 item along with the pens (or a similarly cheap item) from OfficeMax to get free shipping and then return the $50 item to the store? Or would the partial return invalidate the hit?
Old Aug 30, 2010, 7:26 pm

Any reason not to order a $50 item along with the pens (or a similarly cheap item) from OfficeMax to get free shipping and then return the $50 item to the store? Or would the partial return invalidate the hit?
I plan on combining my office max purchases with something that is a good deal that I can sell on craigs / ebay or something I need anyway.

You can usually get good coupons for OM too, even online, anyone know if there are any issues with using these in combination with the miles?
Old Aug 30, 2010, 7:40 pm

Programs: US,PC
Or getting credit on different credit card. Tried recently with PCR will see the results to get to know if it works.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Florist.com / FTD

Originally Posted by AdamK
Great idea for the list, thanks Burghs.

The current wording on the US page implies that both FTD and Florist.com count as the same partner, so you might want to take one of them off the list or make some notation of that.

For anyone near a Thrifty Airport Parking, this might be a good deal, particularly at SAT. I havent looked into the details too much but it looks like $1.50 (1 hr parking) * 3 = 250 miles, or $4.50 for a hit. Too bad I'm not near SAT
I understand the confusion as to whether Florist.com and FTD count as one or two partners. They are listed separately on the "rules" page, so I would think they should count as two partners...
Old Aug 30, 2010, 8:05 pm

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
I understand the confusion as to whether Florist.com and FTD count as one or two partners. They are listed separately on the "rules" page, so I would think they should count as two partners...
They counted as one last year. From the language this year, it looks like they'll count as one again.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 8:08 pm

They counted for 1 hit last year

They were listed separately last year too, however I only received 1 hit when I had purchased from both.

ralph

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.