Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Slam 2010!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2010, 7:59 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
be-ware with 21st insurance. you'll get a call roughly 15 minutes after you get a quote. use a fake number. fortunately i used my work number
Old Sep 1, 2010, 8:00 am

Programs: United 1k (finally!), Hyatt Diamond
I just signed up, I'll get at least ~6 hits by October just by things I was planning to do already. Not sure if I will make it to 36 hits (looks quite difficult to do so unless you have cards or a ton of hotel points ...). Still, even 4k or 8k bonus miles are not bad + 2k from transfers from BWR.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 8:14 am

Programs: SPG Gold, AA, USair, United, Amex MR, ICHC, HHonors Silver
where is the offer to donate to charity for emiles?
Old Sep 1, 2010, 8:19 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Originally Posted by metallim
where is the offer to donate to charity for emiles?
it's an e-miles offer. it will show in e-miles when they give u the option. just wait.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 8:25 am

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
If you've gotten a new survey from e-rewards that asks some questions about your Internet/phone/cable provider as part of the screener, you will get a little video/audio sample as a test to make sure your computer works with the rest of the survey. **Make sure you watch the video long enough to know what it's about** because that is the next question in the screener. If you do not answer the content question right, you get tossed out of the rest of the survey. There is no Back button to go back and re-view the video. For me, if I'd paid more attention to the video, I think i would have gotten into the full survey, which would have put me over the e-rewards balance limit to actually make a transfer to US and get my hit. Now I've got to keep going to e-rewards site
Old Sep 1, 2010, 8:33 am

eh i'm leaning against not really participating in it this year. i'm sure i'll get like 4 hits or maybe 8 if i do a couple of extra things, but the hits i got last year with hotel stays might not be worth it this time.

i.e. switching my marriott or sheraton to earn us airways stays instead of racking up the points for the bonuses they have going on in september just to get hits to earn the next level of "hits" probably isn't worth it. same goes with transferring points to miles or buying miles. it's only worth doing grand slam if you are going to get TONS of hits or not at all.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 9:03 am

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
:( Screwed up e-rewards

I was trying to redeem for myself first and my fiance second and I logged out of e-rewards from my fiance's account and logged back in. I thought I was in my account but I was in hers. I redeemed thinking it was from mine but it came out of hers with my US air number on it. Argh!

Hopefully I can correct this.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 9:08 am

About Thrifty parking, the US Airways partner page says:

"Earn 250 miles when you park at a participating location."

Where does it say you have to park 3 times?
Old Sep 1, 2010, 9:16 am

Programs: United Silver, PC Plat/Amb, HH Dmnd
FYI, found a new "cheapest item on OfficeMax."

MMF Wedgy Scabard AntiMicrobial Pen Refill

$0.59 + $7.95 shipping. I'll probably go for the $1.19 pencils, though. At least I can use those.

Andyandy
Old Sep 1, 2010, 9:30 am

Does anyone know the link for WineInsiders? The link on the US Air patner page seems to be broken...

It also says "Free shipping on $6.99 wines + 1,000 miles"

Yet the shopping list on post#1 claims the cheapest is "$19.94 - Wine Insiders (sauvignon blanc #I05963 - $9.99 + $9.95 shipping)"

We should be able to do away with the shipping, right?
Old Sep 1, 2010, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by ImprovGal
Has anyone used US Airways Cruises as a Grand Slam partner? I'm considering booking a cruise and it would be great if I could use it as one of my hits, but I don't know if the miles post by booking date or cruise date.
I wouldn't book a cruise through US Airways just for the hit. The rewards aren't good enough. I'd check and see what a travel agent will give you (onboard credits, etc.), which would be far more valuable.

Originally Posted by ArizonaRoadWarrior
I have registered. I don't think that US Airways send confirmation e-mails. CO sends confirmation e-mails which I think is nice. I take a screen shot of my registration and save it as a graphic file; print the webpage as a .PDF file as well as making a Camtasia movie of the enrollment in case if there is an issue. Vigilance is required in the event of treachery.
When you confirm, the first page doesn't change, but right above where you typed in your info, you get a message "You have successfully registered for this promotion. Thank you for choosing US Airways."

As Mad Eye Moody (and ARW) says, "Constant vigilance!"

Mike
Old Sep 1, 2010, 9:47 am

Programs: Days of Our Lives, General Hospital
Originally Posted by andyandy
FYI, found a new "cheapest item on OfficeMax."

MMF Wedgy Scabard AntiMicrobial Pen Refill

$0.59 + $7.95 shipping. I'll probably go for the $1.19 pencils, though. At least I can use those.

Andyandy
I ordered a set of printer ink cartridges - I need them anyway* and the total was over $50, so shipping was free.

*Actually I needed them yesterday and I was in a Staples store.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 9:50 am

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
Originally Posted by rodrigo
Does anyone know the link for WineInsiders? The link on the US Air patner page seems to be broken...

It also says "Free shipping on $6.99 wines + 1,000 miles"

Yet the shopping list on post#1 claims the cheapest is "$19.94 - Wine Insiders (sauvignon blanc #I05963 - $9.99 + $9.95 shipping)"

We should be able to do away with the shipping, right?
I think the $6.99 wines are wine club teaser rates and require a recurring shipment (which you can cancel I believe).
Old Sep 1, 2010, 9:51 am

Programs: AA, AS, SQ, Hilton Diamond, PC Platinum, National Exec
Question about the credit cards. I have the Personal US Visa, Personal US Visa Debit and Personal US MasterCard. Do I just get 1 hit each provided they all post miles to my account during the promo or do I get one hit for each time one of them posts miles to my account during the promo?
Old Sep 1, 2010, 9:55 am

Programs: Days of Our Lives, General Hospital
Originally Posted by Dan6681
Question about the credit cards. I have the Personal US Visa, Personal US Visa Debit and Personal US MasterCard. Do I just get 1 hit each provided they all post miles to my account during the promo or do I get one hit for each time one of them posts miles to my account during the promo?
I read it as one hit per card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.