Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Slam 2010!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2010, 1:53 pm

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
Anything I can do with my orphans?

I have about 8k Delta miles and another 3k CO miles stranded in their accounts and would love to do something with them on this promo. I checked Points.com and couldn't get any traction transfering out of either program. I'm not really up to speed on transfering out of these two programs to other programs (car or hotel). Anyone have any tips? I will hit the CO and DL forums in a bit but figured there were probably some experts already watching this thread
Old Sep 1, 2010, 2:01 pm

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by dcpatti
I have about 8k Delta miles and another 3k CO miles stranded in their accounts and would love to do something with them on this promo. I checked Points.com and couldn't get any traction transfering out of either program. I'm not really up to speed on transfering out of these two programs to other programs (car or hotel). Anyone have any tips? I will hit the CO and DL forums in a bit but figured there were probably some experts already watching this thread
If you're an Amtrak Preferred Guest, you can transfer CO > AGR > Choice > USDM

Not sure about Delta
Old Sep 1, 2010, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
I'm getting the $15 rate at RDU, a.i. about $20. But I have no use for a car whatsoever. Certainly not the kind they rent out. So question is can I go, pick up, then drive right back to the return, then go back to counter, repeat 6 times and be done with it in one go?
Great question, I was wondering the same thing. I'm seeing about $20 ai for LGA, but does anyone know if there's a way to register these for Dividend Miles?

edit: http://www.thrifty.com/TravelCenter/...USAirways.aspx
here's the mention of 250 miles after 3 parking visits...

Last edited by johndeere19; Sep 1, 2010 at 2:11 pm
Old Sep 1, 2010, 2:12 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Intercontinental Platinum, AA Gold
Shopping Mall

Can you please elaborate on the $1 spend on itunes or gaiam donation? I typed in itunes in the search, and it brings up all these stores. I went to the gaiam store (through the mall) and typed in donation or donate, and there were no hits.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by Windjammer
Trying for a cheap points.com transfer now through Asia Miles.
My problem with points.com is that it won't recognize any of my programs. Every program I try to enter gets bounced for some reason or other. "The account number is not recognized," or "that account is not eligible for purpose," or "undefined error".
Old Sep 1, 2010, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by cybaslacka
Can you please elaborate on the $1 spend on itunes or gaiam donation? I typed in itunes in the search, and it brings up all these stores. I went to the gaiam store (through the mall) and typed in donation or donate, and there were no hits.
Go to the gaiam store and search for tree...it will be the 4th on the list.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 3:14 pm

Looks like you can transfer 100 Alaska miles (left over for me from last year's Grand Slam) into 34 Asia Miles. 34 Asia Miles can then be transferred to 10 Dividend Miles.

Will try this shortly.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 3:14 pm

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Just got the email today and just discovered this thread. Sorry if anything I am about to contribute is a repeat. Just tryin' to help

If you are going to use a car rental for a hit you might as well make it a big hit!

3000 bonus miles for 3-day rental with Avis until 3/31/2011

If you have success with that promo please check out mile marker #1 of that thread to see if the airport has been confirmed as participating. We love reports of location success in that thread.

Keep an eye on the Q3 2010 Car Rental Bonus Promos! thread. Specifically the US Airways section of course. Here it is as of today:
UทS AIRWAYS
Old Sep 1, 2010, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by haveric
Looks like you can transfer 100 Alaska miles (left over for me from last year's Grand Slam) into 34 Asia Miles. 34 Asia Miles can then be transferred to 10 Dividend Miles.

Will try this shortly.
amazing, yet probably true ! thanks.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 3:28 pm

Anyone register and receive a confirmation email yet for the Grand Slam promo? I know US sends out promo confirmation emails now, at least I received one when I signed up for the city-specific double Preferred-qualifying miles promo.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by starflyer
Anyone register and receive a confirmation email yet for the Grand Slam promo? I know US sends out promo confirmation emails now, at least I received one when I signed up for the city-specific double Preferred-qualifying miles promo.
I did not receive one, but made a PDF of the screen saying I'd registered.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA1K;AAEXP;BAG
To get that points.com hit: Why not simply swap some US Miles out to Asiamiles and back into US ?
Old Sep 1, 2010, 3:42 pm

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
Originally Posted by haveric
I did not receive one, but made a PDF of the screen saying I'd registered.
+1
Old Sep 1, 2010, 3:44 pm

Programs: US,HH
E-Rewards

Check your account. I was originally signed up with NW as my redemption option. During the merger ER allowed one to make a change. I changed to US and my last 2 redemptions show US in history but now the only redemption offer I have is DL.

I've sent off an email and will see what they have to say.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 3:50 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Intercontinental Platinum, AA Gold
Avis

Originally Posted by Evan!
Just got the email today and just discovered this thread. Sorry if anything I am about to contribute is a repeat. Just tryin' to help

If you are going to use a car rental for a hit you might as well make it a big hit!

3000 bonus miles for 3-day rental with Avis until 3/31/2011

If you have success with that promo please check out mile marker #1 of that thread to see if the airport has been confirmed as participating. We love reports of location success in that thread.

Keep an eye on the Q3 2010 Car Rental Bonus Promos! thread. Specifically the US Airways section of course. Here it is as of today:
UทS AIRWAYS
with Avis, the rental must be from an airport location.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.