Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Slam 2010!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2010, 7:16 am

Programs: United 1k (finally!), Hyatt Diamond
So I just did the NetFlix's offer (I've had them before, but I canceled a few months ago, then moved so I was valid to take it again). It starts a 1 month trail before your card is charged, so it might take up to two months before this one posts :-/

The email I got from them had this:

"Special Offer:
31 Day Free Trial"

I *really* hope I get the miles out of this ... (would it kill them to send a confirmation email?!)
Old Sep 3, 2010, 7:17 am

Programs: Days of Our Lives, General Hospital
Received confirmation

I just received an email confirmation that I'm registered for the Grand Slam.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe it's just the programs I tried to add yesterday, but I can't add anything at all to Points.com.

Maybe Icelandair and the others are changing their rules? Although I don't see why Icelandair should really care - they make a few cents on the transfer in and out, probably.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by philippa
You're quite right, NCommander. Looking back over last month, EVERYTHING has a "Bonus" check mark next to it.

On another note, the "menu" coupon code at restaurant.com didn't work for me, but SAVORY did. $10.00 certificate for $1.20. Not bad for 1000 miles.
Did that post already?! (I'd kill ATM to have one thing I've done post already just to make sure I'm not going crazy; I'm paranoid that something is going to cause GS10 not to apply to my account, and I'll have to fight US airways to get my points) :-/.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by kochleffel
Gah. Just got myself. I already did three hits (BWR transfer, insurance quote, and NetFlix just now). I *really* hope these still count!!!!! Can someone find out with US if we're going to get screwed on this?
Old Sep 3, 2010, 7:35 am

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
As long as you make sure you have a printout of the page when you signed up, you should be all set. They released it on Twitter the day before the official launch date, so all should be good...although with US Airways, as we all know, YMMV. Check your first "statement" to make sure it matches what you've kept track of.

ALWAYS pdf or print receipts and keep all confirmation emails of everything you've done for this or any promotion.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 7:38 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by NCommander
Bonus miles seem to be any miles you've purchased or gotten in a way that doesn't include flying.

Anyway, I think I found a way around the points.com problem if your willing to spend $25 dollars. Register a Frontier account (which is one of the few that worked for me), then buy 1,000+300 miles with them. Transfer 1,300 miles to 317 US Airways miles. I haven't tried this yet (hoping Icelandair or Asia Miles will start working), but if you need a hit ...
Just curious - why the +300 ... I have 1000 Frontier points from some sign-up bonus and points.com will let me register the program (!) and convert 1,000 points to 263 US miles. Just wondering if there is a catch I'm not thinking of before I pull the trigger.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 7:41 am

Programs: AA, UA, NWA, SPG, HH
When did you register for Grand Slam 2010? I still haven't received a confirmation.

Update: I've just got the confirmation email

Last edited by doubled79; Sep 3, 2010 at 8:44 am Reason: Got confirmation e-mail
Old Sep 3, 2010, 7:45 am

Programs: US Gold; SPG Gold; Hilton Gold
For those with Amtrak points you can transfer 5,000 to choice rewards for 15,000 points then transfer 5,000 choice rewards points to US Air for 1,000 miles (one hit) and 5,000 choice rewards points to Alaska air and into US air through points.com (one hit). Cheap 2 hits for those that struggle with ways to use Amtrak points.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 7:58 am

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by reggae
For those with Amtrak points you can transfer 5,000 to choice rewards for 15,000 points then transfer 5,000 choice rewards points to US Air for 1,000 miles (one hit) and 5,000 choice rewards points to Alaska air and into US air through points.com (one hit). Cheap 2 hits for those that struggle with ways to use Amtrak points.
Be careful with AGR points...you need to be a preferred member OR have the Credit Card AND spend $150 on Amtrak in a year to make transfers.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 8:23 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, AA 1MM, UA 1MM
I got a confirmation before I actually registered ("We want you to score more miles, so we've registered you in this year's Grand Slam.") Then when I registered on the web page I got the usual confirmation.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 8:30 am

Programs: US Gold; SPG Gold; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by johndeere19
Be careful with AGR points...you need to be a preferred member OR have the Credit Card AND spend $150 on Amtrak in a year to make transfers.
Good point. However, some of us that live in the Northeast and use Amtrak often accumulated a lot of AGR points but have limited value unless you take Amtrak for leisure travel. This is a good way to get a couple of free hits if you have existing Amtrak points, but I agree that I would not transfer points into Amtrak for this reason.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 9:06 am

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by josephstern
Maybe it's just the programs I tried to add yesterday, but I can't add anything at all to Points.com.

Maybe Icelandair and the others are changing their rules? Although I don't see why Icelandair should really care - they make a few cents on the transfer in and out, probably.
I have been having the same issues with IcelandAir, Asia Miles, and Midwest. Every now and then I go back and try to add. Just now, Midwest worked. So maybe you just have to get lucky to get around their bugs. I'm going to try a little more to get one of the others since their exchange rate is better, but at worst, I can sacrifice ~130 miles for a hit.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 9:11 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, DL DM
Does the 100 mile SPG minimum apply to transfers or just to stays?
Old Sep 3, 2010, 9:28 am

Programs: AA Nothing, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by josephstern

Just received the following message from their support:

Thank you for contacting Points.com. We apologize for the delay in responding.

I apologize for the issue you are having, it seems there is a bit of a bug with registering certain programs. We are working to fix this and will have it corrected as quickly as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.