Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Slam 2010!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2010, 10:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat
Same here. Tried with FireFox, IE and Chrome.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 10:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat
Sorry about the multiple posts with questions - I am working through the hits one by one. For those that shopped with Skymall, does it include your US DM number anywhere in the receipt? I went through the US air link and entered my DM number in the box and hit "apply" and finished shopping and cant see it anywhere. Hope it recognizes it.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 10:29 pm

Programs: US,PC
I have already made Aeroplan,Iceland,Midwest,Asia but it has only registered aeroplan . rest all some or the other error.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 10:54 pm

Programs: United 1k (finally!), Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by GoodOmens
With icelandair, are you adding the leading 0's on the end? You shouldn't - just added the account and did the 36-2-1 transfer a few minutes ago and it's already showing in my US air account.
I just get System Error. Asia Miles shows Connection error. Nice to see some websites have "QA" :-/

BTW, anyone have the Netflix sign up link?

Last edited by NCommander; Sep 2, 2010 at 11:27 pm
Old Sep 2, 2010, 11:54 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AA, USair, United, Amex MR, ICHC, HHonors Silver
$9.46 - SkyMall (Improvements bag clips - $1.47 + $7.99 shipping)

doesnt show up on the site... think theyre all bought out lol

also, could only find the 10$ restaraunt.com gc's not the $4. i know someone else asked this at some point but im not browsing back through 25 pages to find it... anyone know how to get the $4?

Last edited by metallim; Sep 3, 2010 at 12:04 am
Old Sep 3, 2010, 2:13 am

Originally Posted by metallim

also, could only find the 10$ restaraunt.com gc's not the $4. i know someone else asked this at some point but im not browsing back through 25 pages to find it... anyone know how to get the $4?
I have no problem seeing bag clips on the Skymall site.
Restaurant.com, use coupon code.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 2:39 am

So on points.com, Hawaii Air also works for me where everything else has so far failed, but you need to exchange 5000 in, to get anything out. ARGH!

Might have to redeem something cheap against Hawaii Air ...

Frontier Airlines also works, and gives you 500 free miles to boot, but also a minimium change to 1000. ARGH!@#!!.

I've signed up for so many frequent flier programs I'm not going to use (expect Alaska, which I do have a decent shot at redeeming ...). ******** this site.

EDIT: so after a bunch of fiddling, I managed to get it to cough up an error code. Looks like there's a bug in the Java handling which is causing most accounts to fail to register. Hopefully they will fix it.

Last edited by NCommander; Sep 3, 2010 at 3:04 am
Old Sep 3, 2010, 5:11 am

Programs: AA Nothing, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by NCommander

EDIT: so after a bunch of fiddling, I managed to get it to cough up an error code. Looks like there's a bug in the Java handling which is causing most accounts to fail to register. Hopefully they will fix it.
Good luck - I tried emailing their support desk and they just sent me a canned response to double check my details are exactly as they appear in the frequent flyer account.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 5:38 am

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by metallim

Varies on whether a restaurant offers them or not...just keep looking in different areas. I personally bought a $25 one (for $6) that I could actually use.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 5:58 am

So I started e-Miles. For those unfamilar, you basically sign up, then answer survey questions to get e-Miles. When you get 500 e-Miles, you can deposit them to US Airways. I got 200 miles for signing up, and another 105 for doing all the offers (which are just surveys). It states it can take 8-10 weeks for the miles to post from e-Miles to US, hopefully it won't be quite THAT long ...

If you can earn miles at a rate of 100 a week for doing ~10-15 minutes of work, that's not bad at all. Do expect to need two weeks though to get all the miles needed to transfer :-).
Old Sep 3, 2010, 6:02 am

Programs: Days of Our Lives, General Hospital
Originally Posted by NCommander
It states it can take 8-10 weeks for the miles to post from e-Miles to US, hopefully it won't be quite THAT long ....
A transfer that I requested in August, before I learned about the Grand Slam, posted on 1 September. Maybe they only post once a month. However, the activity date is the date on which I requested it.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 6:21 am

Programs: DL,US,UA
Originally Posted by kochleffel
A transfer that I requested in August, before I learned about the Grand Slam, posted on 1 September. Maybe they only post once a month. However, the activity date is the date on which I requested it.
Same here: A transfer I requested in August from e-miles has posted on September 1.

And there's a liitle check next to it in the "Bonus" column. That surprised me.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by philippa
Same here: A transfer I requested in August from e-miles has posted on September 1.

And there's a liitle check next to it in the "Bonus" column. That surprised me.
Bonus miles seem to be any miles you've purchased or gotten in a way that doesn't include flying.

Anyway, I think I found a way around the points.com problem if your willing to spend $25 dollars. Register a Frontier account (which is one of the few that worked for me), then buy 1,000+300 miles with them. Transfer 1,300 miles to 317 US Airways miles. I haven't tried this yet (hoping Icelandair or Asia Miles will start working), but if you need a hit ...
Old Sep 3, 2010, 6:49 am

Programs: DL,US,UA
You're quite right, NCommander. Looking back over last month, EVERYTHING has a "Bonus" check mark next to it.

On another note, the "menu" coupon code at restaurant.com didn't work for me, but SAVORY did. $10.00 certificate for $1.20. Not bad for 1000 miles.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 6:54 am

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by philippa
You're quite right, NCommander. Looking back over last month, EVERYTHING has a "Bonus" check mark next to it.

On another note, the "menu" coupon code at restaurant.com didn't work for me, but SAVORY did. $10.00 certificate for $1.20. Not bad for 1000 miles.
Just got this email:

GET $25 GIFT CERTIFICATES FOR ONLY $3!
Enter Promo Code: SAVORY

Appears it works for $10 certs too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.