Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Slam 2010!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2010, 11:20 am

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
Originally Posted by canesfan
9/20/2010 09/21/10 SHAREBUILDER REGISTRATION MILES 3,000

Wow, justed logged into US Airways account and got the Sharebuilder miles, despite the fact that I haven't yet made a trade. I opened the account over the weekend, deposited $6 and just had the money available in my account this morning. Didn't even make a trade yet...

Should I withdraw the $6 now...

It posted for me without a trade and without any deposit.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 11:21 am
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Originally Posted by pointsjunkie53
i just realizes you were referring to transferring to Usair not starwwod to starwood.
but i not referring to spg-spg, i am referring to transfers from spg to dividend miles account @:-) as i said: it does work
Old Sep 22, 2010, 11:22 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat
i just realizes you were referring to transferring to Usair not starwwod to starwood.
Usually airline transfers also require a name match, but the transfer goes through for some airlines (including US Air) even with different names.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...r-airline.html

Last edited by Quasiconvexity; Sep 22, 2010 at 11:32 am
Old Sep 22, 2010, 11:23 am
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Originally Posted by kingsubbu
Usually airline transfers also require a name match, but the transfer goes through for some airlines (including US Air) even with different names.

Do names have to match when you do a SPG points transfer to airline?
once more: NO, no, no, nothing needs to match @:-) that's exactly the reason why i did - and still do - help people out with spg hits if they help me out with another hit
Old Sep 22, 2010, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by Zurich Flyer
once more: NO, no, no, nothing needs to match @:-) that's exactly the reason why i did - and still do - help people out with spg hits if they help me out with another hit
Easy - I was linking to the thread that said transfers go through without a name match (but the link didnt come through). I was supporting you
Old Sep 22, 2010, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by Zurich Flyer
What? Really?

Not sure if I understand correctly, but are you saying you can transfer YOUR SPG points to MY US Airways account so I can get a hit?

So, does that mean that anyone with Gold status at Starwood can transfer 1 mile 10 times to give someone 10 hits??

If that is true, why wouldn't there be Starwood Golds offering that to non-Golds? In return for something else of course.

If this is true and you're interested, PM me. I'll give you cash for your 10 miles
Old Sep 22, 2010, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by rodrigo
What? Really?

Not sure if I understand correctly, but are you saying you can transfer YOUR SPG points to MY US Airways account so I can get a hit?

So, does that mean that anyone with Gold status at Starwood can transfer 1 mile 10 times to give someone 10 hits??

If that is true, why wouldn't there be Starwood Golds offering that to non-Golds? In return for something else of course.

If this is true and you're interested, PM me. I'll give you cash for your 10 miles
You need to be Platinum at Starwood to transfer 1 mile. And, you can get a maximum of 1 hit by transferring points from SPG.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by rodrigo
What? Really?

Oops... there's a max of 1 hit per partner, obviously... Still, if you can help me with a hit, I'd appreciate it and I'd help you out in whichever way I can
Old Sep 22, 2010, 11:41 am

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
you can only transfer SPG points if the person has the same address as you, a family member or someone who is living in your house.
That's SPG->SPG and different from SPG->US, which is confirmed that it works.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by starflyer
IAD sometimes has good rates on weekend rentals. No idea if any particular rental agency will help you with multiple rentals at once.
You can do different rental companies for a day. First rental at Avis, then Hertz, Budget, National, Alamo etc...
Old Sep 22, 2010, 11:59 am

Programs: Days of Our Lives, General Hospital
FTD miles posted

My FTD miles posted today, for an order placed 9/3 and delivered on 9/8.

The activity date is shown as 9/8. If you decide late in the period for this promotion to use FTD/Florist, be sure that you can get delivery scheduled on or before the last day. In general, FTD Direct orders need several days; orders for delivery by a local florist can usually be delivered the next day.

Last edited by kochleffel; Sep 22, 2010 at 1:05 pm Reason: Add activity date
Old Sep 22, 2010, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by kingsubbu
You need to be Platinum at Starwood to transfer 1 mile. And, you can get a maximum of 1 hit by transferring points from SPG.
I can transfer 1 SPG to anyone's US account, if I get some other hotel points back [for a hit], or share/buy miles.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by miffSC
I called and asked them some questions - about closing and reopening - using my cc and dm# and a different name - using a different address -signing up Mr. Miff - etc. They will only award if it is an entirely new account. They have some way of cross-referencing all of the above - name, addy, cc# etc. If you can find a way around all of that, I'd be interested in knowing.
I'm not sure how they do it, but I managed to create multiple accounts about 9 months ago. My two accounts had the SAME name, but different credit cards and different addresses.

So using the same name shouldn't matter. After all, there are many John Smith's out there...

Also, note that there are two addresses here: shipping and billing (for credit card). To be safe, I used different addresses for both, though that might be unnecessary.

At the very least, the shipping address should be irrelevant. Many people can live at the same address (e.g. a dorm). However, since the probability of having two distinct John Smith's living at the same place is pretty low (unless they're father and son), you're better off using a different one. You can just put any random address as long as you don't ship any DVDs to it (and just use instant watching).

And for billing address, I'm not sure. Maybe simply using a different credit card with the SAME billing address suffices, since the billing address is only used to verify the credit card, but I'm not sure. In any case, if you really want to do this, why not set your credit card account to paperless statements, change the billing address to any random one, pay netflix, get the hit, and then reset your billing address to the true one?

The "random" address need not be that random if you're uneasy about it. Just use your friend's address or something. Repay your friend by allowing him/her to use your address for his own duplicate Netflix subscription. Or if you're still in college, just use the dorm next door and send them a forward-mail notice just in case. If they are confused, just tell them you lived there a few semesters ago.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 12:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
If anyone has been successful of booking a rental car, then phoned them up or whatever to get the card charged, and the car checked in and out by phone, I woul love to get the contact details by PM

I have done this in the past with cheap hotels, but not with cars.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by travelkid
If anyone has been successful of booking a rental car, then phoned them up or whatever to get the card charged, and the car checked in and out by phone, I woul love to get the contact details by PM
I've done this a couple of times, but only with stations where I know the people in person or by dealing with the station manager.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.