Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Slam 2010!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2010, 12:46 pm

SPG how?

Originally Posted by Zurich Flyer
once more: NO, no, no, nothing needs to match @:-) that's exactly the reason why i did - and still do - help people out with spg hits if they help me out with another hit
I did it to my acct already? But US DM acct is saved in my SPG profile, I can't change it. So I can not transfer SPG points to another US DM acct? I am wondering how?

Help! Thanks,
Old Sep 22, 2010, 12:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Originally Posted by rodrigo
What? Really?

Not sure if I understand correctly, but are you saying you can transfer YOUR SPG points to MY US Airways account so I can get a hit?

So, does that mean that anyone with Gold status at Starwood can transfer 1 mile 10 times to give someone 10 hits??

If that is true, why wouldn't there be Starwood Golds offering that to non-Golds? In return for something else of course.

If this is true and you're interested, PM me. I'll give you cash for your 10 miles

No, the receiver of any number of SPG points with get one hit.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 12:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by heffa
I can transfer 1 SPG to anyone's US account, if I get some other hotel points back [for a hit], or share/buy miles.
Aha, copying my offer? Sham on you
Old Sep 22, 2010, 12:51 pm

4 Rentals on Fri

Originally Posted by kingsubbu
Do you have AAA? If so, use AAA CDP and PC 145935. I tried it out for PHL this weekend (Fri pickup, Sat return) and the cheapest is $15 (inclusive of taxes), which is quite cheap.

If not, use US Air CDP 157348 and PC 137771 - works out to around $20. Still not terrible.

As always, make sure that your US air FF number is on your profile while making the reservation - easiest way to ensure it posts properly.
I followed your link and booked 4 rentals this Fri at PHL this morning. I did get the discount. Total for each is from $22 to $25. I will have to go there to check in and check out this Fri.

Thanks.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 1:01 pm

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Anyone have any experience for how long it takes Hertz to post 50 miles for a 1 day rental? I'm seeing a few days, 2-4 weeks, 4-6 weeks, 6-8 weeks...I can't seem to find this info on their site.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 1:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat
Originally Posted by johndeere19
Anyone have any experience for how long it takes Hertz to post 50 miles for a 1 day rental? I'm seeing a few days, 2-4 weeks, 4-6 weeks, 6-8 weeks...I can't seem to find this info on their site.
One of my 1-day rentals posted in 6 days. The other in 9 days. I had the car for a few hours (morning-evening) each time.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by cjzhang2000
I followed your link and booked 4 rentals this Fri at PHL this morning. I did get the discount. Total for each is from $22 to $25. I will have to go there to check in and check out this Fri.

Thanks.
Glad it worked ^ Good luck!
Old Sep 22, 2010, 1:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by johndeere19
Hertz seems to be a pain! I have been waiting one week and five days now. Requested the miles from Gold club and they confirmed that it was transfered to DM. Thus, the bottleneck is with Divident Miles.

PS: Hertz to M&M works usually after two days
Old Sep 22, 2010, 1:13 pm

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Hertz seems to be a pain! I have been waiting one week and five days now. Requested the miles from Gold club and they confirmed that it was transfered to DM. Thus, the bottleneck is with Divident Miles.

Ditto, I rented on 9/11 and haven't seen a transfer yet...uggg, guess I'll have to give them a call.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 1:18 pm

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
for anyone actually starting a wine membership with vinesse:

i started the american cellars one. 6 bottles. half price off your first shipment. Should have been roughly $45 shipped. Charged about $90. Apparently the promo code entered "didn't take", so i had to call and have them credit me back the difference. i think you're supposed to get 2000 miles in addition to 5 miles per dollar spent. i have no use for the wine tasters guide, and ~$8 per bottle seems like a much better deal if you'll actually drink them.

will cancel my membership here in a couple-three weeks
Old Sep 22, 2010, 1:25 pm

I have several Alamo and National rentals from multiple locations during the first week of September, none of which have posted to my Dividend Miles account yet. My guess is that Dividend Miles is holding up posting of car rentals (Alamo, Hertz, National, etc.) for some reason.

Has anyone received Dividend Miles credit yet for Alamo, Hertz, or National rentals picked up and returned in September?
Old Sep 22, 2010, 1:43 pm

Alamo at Union Station in DC

Originally Posted by gt1nick
Anyone been able to do a successful rental car run at DCA (or somewhere around there)?

(nothing came up in a search...)
I did six rentals at the Union Station Alamo this past Saturday, using the $15 per day weekend rental promo.

The woman at the counter was very nice -- I used one car for the day, my friend took another (the woman waived the additional driver fee), and then rung up the other 4 rentals, closing them within minutes of opening them as driven 1 mile each.

Union Station also avoids the airport surcharge, saving me a few bucks, as well as the time of getting to the airport.

I've been charged for all 6 rentals already, and but the miles have not hit yet.. Will update this as soon as they have.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 1:44 pm

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by starflyer
I have several Alamo and National rentals from multiple locations during the first week of September, none of which have posted to my Dividend Miles account yet. My guess is that Dividend Miles is holding up posting of car rentals (Alamo, Hertz, National, etc.) for some reason.
When I post Hertz, Budget, Avis to my United account, they always show up within a week. However, US Airways seems to be pretty slow. I just checked my last rentals on my US Account:

06/17/2010 07/01/10 Budget (14 days)
07/02/2010 07/15/10 Avis (13 days)
07/05/2010 07/18/10 Hertz (13 days)
08/09/2010 08/18/10 Avis (9 days)
08/17/2010 09/04/10 Hertz (18 days)
Old Sep 22, 2010, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by starflyer

Has anyone received Dividend Miles credit yet for Alamo, Hertz, or National rentals picked up and returned in September?
I have had 2 hertz rentals and 1 Avis rental post to DM - all picked up post Sep 3.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by genome4hire
I did six rentals at the Union Station Alamo this past Saturday, using the $15 per day weekend rental promo.

I've been charged for all 6 rentals already, and but the miles have not hit yet.. Will update this as soon as they have.
Many car rental companies only hand out airline miles when renting from Airport locations. Did you check that a Union Station rental will indeed earn miles?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.