Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's happened with 1K Voice?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2010, 5:07 pm

Programs: Mosaic 2, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Premium Cabin free agent
Originally Posted by HonestABE
A week ago, I sent 1KVoice an email inquiring why my Elite Choice selection of 2 additional SWUs (selected on January 18) had not yet posted to my MP account.

So far, no response from 1KVoice. The SWUs (which I would really like to use) have still not posted.

Why do I bother being loyal to United? I have no answer. I guess United employees think they are government employees immune to competitive market forces.

So be it. At least, for the time being, Americans still have choices.
I believe they aren't suppose to post until March no matter how early you selected the option.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 5:10 pm

Programs: UA 2K, Marriott Platinium, Global Entry, Hyatt Diamond
I still haven't received the selection email. I guess I should send the a message too.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 5:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Feel Better?

So far, no response from 1KVoice.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-1k-voice.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...o-respect.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-question.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...hose-here.html
Old Feb 20, 2010, 5:15 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Hyatt Platinum, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver, Motel 6 Tin
Originally Posted by UnitedEF
I believe they aren't suppose to post until March no matter how early you selected the option.
If true, they should provide this bureaucratic, incompetent disclaimer in their communications. Six to eight weeks to post SWUs? Oh, please. No wonder there is so little loyalty to United when it treats its best customers this way.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
If true, they should provide this bureaucratic, incompetent disclaimer in their communications. Six to eight weeks to post SWUs? Oh, please. No wonder there is so little loyalty to United when it treats its best customers this way.
Having just received 6 SWUs for the start of a new 1K year, why are you in such a rush to get the other two to post? Surely you can't have used all six by now. And the later the 2 post, the longer will be their validity. I'd certainly prefer to have mine post as late as possible so I will have a pair with a validity thru March or even April 2011.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 8:09 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
UA provides an unexpected bonus
UA says it will take 6 to 8 weeks after the selection to post
Probably leading to a March posting which many FTs prefer
and you feel UA is failing you???

You have an interesting set of expectations.
Hope the vent helped.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 8:56 pm

Six to eight weeks to post SWUs? Oh, please. No wonder there is so little loyalty to United when it treats its best customers this way.
These extra SWUs that you are discussing are a gift from United.

These extra SWUs are in addition to the six we get for reaching 1K and the two we get for each additional 50K miles of EQMs. As a last minute gesture of goodwill, United added the option to choose the extra two SWUs.

I don't understand the part about " - - United when it treats its best customers this way."

I think we are treated rather well. My friends who fly United agree that we are treated better than with most other legacy carriers.

We share remain loyal unless something really important causes us to change how we regard United.

By the way, if the two extra SWUs do not post until March, most travelers will be happy because the SWUs will not expire until March of 2011. The longer expiration period means fewer travelers will have expired SWUs. SWUs have a one-year shelf life.

There is no need to ask the 1K Voice about the delay. The SWUs will post in due time.

Last edited by dgcpaphd; Feb 21, 2010 at 7:49 am Reason: left out something
Old Mar 6, 2010, 8:39 am

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Your 1KVoice email response time?

Gate agent pulled my SW upgrade coupons instead of soon to be useless E500 certificates for domestic upgrade last weekend. I have called 1K line once and email 1Kvoice at .bomb twice yet nothing has happened.

My question is whether UA reads every 1Kvoice email and what is the average response time one should expect? I have another flight coming up and needs to make decision in a few days whether to use the remaining E500's if UA is not going to swap them back with the SW upgrade coupons that were pulled from my MP account by mistake.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 9:07 am

Programs: SPG Platinum; Hyatt Platinum; UA 1K
Mileage Plus is the only way to fix your problem. Call the 1K number and have them connect you with MP. They shoud be able to get it corrected. It would be useful if you have your BP stubs in front of you when you call.

1K voice is for most practical purposes useless. UA has outsourced (and off shored) the task of responding to those emails. I believe that there is a way for issues to get escalated back to UA and MP, but you will be far better off starting there to begin with.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
I (amazingly) got a response within 24 hours for the last email - was not expecting that at all! I'll consider it a fluke until I see it happening on a regular basis. ^
Old Mar 6, 2010, 9:55 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
lax2010, as VPescado has mentioned, you need to call MP at 800/325-0046.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 10:12 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
1Kvoice worked fine for me last week. I asked about orphaned e500s for 1Ks who had registered for the convert-to-miles program, and within two days received a response that all unused ones will convert to miles within 5-10 days (for all elites who had registered back a few years ago). I posted this in the appropriate UDU thread at the time.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 10:15 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by VPescado
Mileage Plus is the only way to fix your problem. Call the 1K number and have them connect you with MP. They shoud be able to get it corrected. It would be useful if you have your BP stubs in front of you when you call.

1K voice is for most practical purposes useless. UA has outsourced (and off shored) the task of responding to those emails. I believe that there is a way for issues to get escalated back to UA and MP, but you will be far better off starting there to begin with.
correct. similar situation happened to me on 3/3 where i was confirmed in c iad-lax and in f on the conx lax-sfo using a cr1 for both legs but i misconnected due to a mx delay on my inbound. i was re-booked on the next lax-sfo light and w/l'd for the u/g. the u/g cleared but when i checked my u/g balance the next day, the g/a pulled an e-500 for the "new" lax-sfo leg. even tho no one knows what will (as of now) officially happen to orphaned e-500's under the new udu program, i wanted it back in the a/c on the oft chance that they will convert to miles and the 5 minute phone call to mp was all it took
Old Mar 6, 2010, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
lax2010, as VPescado has mentioned, you need to call MP at 800/325-0046.
Thank you, VPescado and 1KChinito. I made another phone call to 1k line and asked to speak to MP directly; the correction was made right at the spot. This is much better than waiting for five days and still getting no response from the 1KVoice EMAIL.
Old Mar 7, 2010, 1:32 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by lax2010
Thank you, VPescado and 1KChinito. I made another phone call to 1k line and asked to speak to MP directly; the correction was made right at the spot. This is much better than waiting for five days and still getting no response from the 1KVoice EMAIL.
You are welcome. Thank you for letting us know the outcome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.