Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's happened with 1K Voice?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2010, 10:26 am

I usually get a response from 1kvoice within a few days, even when I'm just writing in to compliment the flight crew or something like that.

I wrote in almost 2 weeks ago to ask for help with finding a lost suitcase and compensation for having to get new clothes/toiletries while in a foreign country. Bag was supposed to fly CLE-ORD-IST, but UA sent it CLE-DEN. Still no response, even though I emailed again 3 days ago to express my disappointment at the entire situation.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by marissav
I usually get a response from 1kvoice within a few days, even when I'm just writing in to compliment the flight crew or something like that.

I wrote in almost 2 weeks ago to ask for help with finding a lost suitcase and compensation for having to get new clothes/toiletries while in a foreign country. Bag was supposed to fly CLE-ORD-IST, but UA sent it CLE-DEN. Still no response, even though I emailed again 3 days ago to express my disappointment at the entire situation.
Why did you WRITE in for lost luggage? That needs immediate action, only a call should be done. Call the 1K line and ask to be transferred to baggage services. Do it during business hours and you'll get the 1K baggage desk in Chicago which is usually pretty good (but given the delay, who knows if they can locate your bag at this point).

I've had responses within a week for my emails - they even combined some related to the same itinerary into a single response.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH diamond, Priority Club G, Mariott G, etc
I also sent emails to 1KVoice with no response. However, I called the 1K desk and got resolution.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 4:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM / AA PP, Marriott Lifetime Gold
It took more than a month and at least 5 emails to 1kvoice and later I even cc'd the other addresses until I got any kind of response. Ridiculous whatever is going on at UA cust. relations...
Old Jul 16, 2010, 12:47 am
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
Never mind...

Last edited by HeathrowGuy; Jul 16, 2010 at 7:26 am
Old Aug 13, 2010, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA EXP 1MM, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Clarkcc1
It took more than a month and at least 5 emails to 1kvoice and later I even cc'd the other addresses until I got any kind of response. Ridiculous whatever is going on at UA cust. relations...
I sent my 3rd email to follow-up on same issue that is not yet resolved. The first 2 emails had the immediate canned automated reply, but the 3rd one didn't. Should I re-send?
Old Aug 13, 2010, 2:42 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by 2cardinalalums
I sent my 3rd email to follow-up on same issue that is not yet resolved. The first 2 emails had the immediate canned automated reply, but the 3rd one didn't. Should I re-send?
How long ago did you send the 1st, 2nd & 3rd emails? I just got a reply (and appropriate resolution) for one I'd first sent on 7/22, got a reply on 7/25 from someone who didn't understand the issue, sent another email on 7/26 and today (8/13) everything's resolved.

I have another issue that I have yet to hear back from them on; that email was sent around the first of this month. I'll have to look for it and make sure it doesn't disappear into the ether.

Last edited by Mike Jacoubowsky; Aug 13, 2010 at 8:33 pm Reason: typo
Old Aug 13, 2010, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
How long ago did you send the 1st, 2nd & 3rd emails? I just got a reply (and appropriate resolution) for one I'd first send on 7/22, got a reply on 7/25 from someone who didn't understand the issue, sent another email on 7/26 and today (8/13) everything's resolved.

I have another issue that I have yet to hear back from them on; that email was sent around the first of this month. I'll have to look for it and make sure it doesn't disappear into the ether.
7/26 I send initial email to 1Kvoice
7/26 immediate canned auto-reply
8/2 email reply from UA CS asking for more info
8/2 I send reply with clarification
8/2 immediate canned auto-reply
8/11 I send follow-up to request status
no automated canned response received

I see from your timeline that I should probably be more patient. I still wonder a little about the lack of automated canned response for my 3rd email. I wonder if my 3rd email actually got to them. I checked SPAM folder and nothing there.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by 2cardinalalums
I see from your timeline that I should probably be more patient. I still wonder a little about the lack of automated canned response for my 3rd email. I wonder if my 3rd email actually got to them. I checked SPAM folder and nothing there.
The canned message doesn't seem to be consistent for some reason, another UA technical glitch is my assumption
Old Aug 15, 2010, 8:13 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Alternatives to 1K Voice?

We've seen the lengthy thread about the delays with 1K Voice these days (I've got one running at two weeks, and just had one that was answered at just over two weeks).

Is 1K Voice still the best way to contact UA regarding customer service issues? Or has it become so un-timely that we're better off avoiding it? And if we avoid it, should we use snail mail, or would there be times when it makes sense to contact a higher-up directly? And if you do use snail mail, do you send it normal or require a delivery receipt?

In general, I believe it makes sense to respect the chain of command, and if you don't achieve a satisfactory resolution at a lower level, then you bump it up. But is the present state of 1K Voice in and of itself reason to bump things up the chain? And if so, to whom?

Thanks-
Old Aug 15, 2010, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
Mike,
Did you do the old fashion way of calling, I found this way work much better when 1K Voice didn't get back or resolve my issue.
Good Luck.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by karung99
Mike,
Did you do the old fashion way of calling, I found this way work much better when 1K Voice didn't get back or resolve my issue.
Good Luck.
But you first tried 1K Voice and recommend that as a first attempt? Unfortunately, there are so many aspects to my situation that I don't think a phone call would work (unless the other person already had the info in front of them).

Does the rest of the mob agree, try 1K Voice first?

Thanks-

(Hmm... I was wondering if this might get merged into the "What's wrong with 1K Voice" thread. Guess I should have asked for info regarding the general heirarchy of customer service resolution with UA.)
Old Aug 16, 2010, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by GoingAway
The canned message doesn't seem to be consistent for some reason, another UA technical glitch is my assumption
You're right. I got a reply today from customer relations.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 3:33 pm

Response from 8/6 msg today, plus more weird stuff

Last night I finally emailed my missive regarding the meltdown I experienced at ORD last Monday, and got a normal-looking canned auto-response from an abnormal-looking email address (looked like a non-sanitized auto-response you'd get from a non-customized linux post office server). Didn't say anything about 1KVoice or even United in the subject line. Something like "postoffice return mail" or some such. OK, fine, they got my email.

Today I received not one, but two responses to my query on 8/6 regarding missing mileage credit on an LH flight. I requested my ticket number for that flight so I could fill out the form on-line. The first response, at 1:26pm, gave me the info. The second response, at 2:19pm, told me that 1KVoice doesn't handle such things, and they've forwarded it to MP.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 7:02 am

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
Ten days ago I sent a note to 1K about dealing with overseas RA's and a nightmare of a call trying to book a SNA-MUC flight. Got the automated response but nothing further since. Really frustrating.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.