Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's happened with 1K Voice?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2010, 9:22 am

Programs: UA 1K; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond
From what I understand, a number of HNL reservations agents were moved over to handling 1KVoice and other emails. Their goal is a 48 hour response, but was told at the beginning of July that they had a backup of a week. Looks like the backup never got cleared out...
Old Aug 17, 2010, 9:30 am

Location: Kapalua, Maui- just paradise and Sun Valley, Idaho!!
Programs: Mileage Plus 1K .96MM (1MM this year-humm)
I sent an email on Thurs. and got a response this Mon. Not bad-two business days.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 9:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
I sent an email to 1K Voice yesterday and got an auto response immediately. Today I received a very detailed response addressing the issue I raised.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 10:25 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by wilp888
I sent an email to 1K Voice yesterday and got an auto response immediately. Today I received a very detailed response addressing the issue I raised.
Originally Posted by lapeter
I sent an email on Thurs. and got a response this Mon. Not bad-two business days.
Doesn't sound like a FIFO (first in, first out) queue, does it? I got the auto response for my email last Monday, but nothing else as yet. My daughter, a 3P, wrote an email for something unrelated, and didn't even get an auto-response.

By the time I get my response, I'll be re-activating a thread that I'll get dinged for because it's so old.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 10:37 pm

Programs: Nothing worth mentioning
Originally Posted by wilp888
+1^
Old Aug 21, 2010, 7:23 am

Programs: UA 1K, AK Gold 75K, etc. etc.
It took 9 days for me to get my issue resolved. I sent a note to 1kvoice asking for a refund for overcharge on a mispriced ticket. They forwarded to "refunds." Refunds responded favorably to my request 9 days later. Could it have been faster? yes? Was this a painless way for me to get a response? yes? Overall, I really appreciate that I can use 1kvoice (or the 1k phone line) as a single point of contact to connect me to the correct ual department to solve problems.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 8:28 am

Programs: UA 1K
Mailed 1kvoice on Sunday, got a phone call(!) back on Tuesday, more detailed email response on Friday. And that was asking for clarification about a policy, not raising an issue. I'm pretty happy, all in all.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 6:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, United Club, AA EP, BR, CI, CX, WN, SPG, HH, Marriott Gold, LeClub Accor PLAT
I wrote 1Kvoice, Thursday morning. Got an auto response within three minutes that was a little different than what I received, earlier this spring. I'll paste it below.

I was pleasantly surprised to find a very personalized response about 19 hours later! The customer service agent actually could relate, based on her prior flying experiences, to the suggestions that I made.

Anyway, here's the most recent version of 1Kvoice's auto response message:

*** Please do not reply to this email as this is an unmonitored email box. *****

We have received your email and are doing everything we can to respond as quickly as possible.

Normally, we respond to requests within 2 business days. Currently we are experiencing very high email volumes so there may be a delay in our response to you. We are currently responding to emails within 5 days.

We are doing everything possible to respond as soon as we can. We regret that our current volumes are not allowing us to meet the level of service you expect. We very much appreciate your patience during this time.

Sincerely,
United Airlines Customer Relations

p.s. If you have not traveled yet, you may contact our Reservations department at 1-800-united-1(1-800-864-8331) or visit us at our website www.united.com.

Other Helpful Contact Information:

For assistance with baggage delay/loss reports:

o Baggage Service Center: 800 221-6903 or via email at [email protected]

For assistance with Mileage Plus issues:

o Mileage Plus Service Center: 800 241-6522
o Email Mileage Plus: http://www.united.com/page/specialpa...1,2073,00.html

For assistance with your current or future travel plans (reservations, fares, flight information, rescheduling or seat assignments), please contact the following United teams:

o Domestic Reservations: 800 864-8331
o International Reservations: 800 538-2929
o Mileage Plus Award Reservations: 800 864-8331
o International Award Reservations: 888 674-4680
o Reservations phones numbers outside the U.S. or in Canada may be found at www.united.com by clicking on “Worldwide Sites” in the upper right corner of the page.

Prior auto response messages from "LIST, PWPostOffice:"

Thank you for your message. You may expect a reply within 2 business days. Thank you for your business and for choosing United Airlines.

Thank you for your message. You may expect a reply between 2 – 3 business days.

If you need immediate attention, please call our toll free number at (800) XXX-XXXX and select the appropriate option. You will be connected, on a priority basis, with one of our most experienced agents.

Thank you for your business and for choosing United Airlines.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 11:56 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
3P Voice faster than 1K Voice

8/15 I sent an email to 1K Voice regarding fun experiences at ORD the prior week. No response yet (it's 8/24 and of course I got the usual "running behind so we'll get back to you in 5 days" auto-response).

My daughter wrote to 3P Voice about an issue on a flight, on 8/16. She got a response today.

Do I write 1K Voice back and ask if they lost track of my email, or perhaps sent it to me and it got trapped in a spam filter that I can't retrieve it from? Not likely, but it is definitely possible.

Thanks-
Old Aug 27, 2010, 5:12 pm

The Bad, The Good, The Ugly

The bad news? I had to write again to 1KVoice regarding the email I sent last 8/16, to which I only got an auto-response.

The good news? My email was responded to in a day!!! ^

The ugly? They have no record of my original email (for which I have the auto-response, which I wouldn't have if I hadn't sent it, right?).

I'm waiting to re-send the info until I get home and can attach their auto-response to it. And if it turns out that I'm dreaming and never got an auto-response, and discover the original in un-sent mail because of some issue, yes, I'll cop to it.

Added 9:17pm 8/27- I found the auto-response for the original email from UA so yes, indeed, UA did somehow manage to lose an email they received. The original email has been re-sent, along with the auto-response. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Last edited by Mike Jacoubowsky; Aug 27, 2010 at 10:26 pm Reason: clarity, confirmed UA got original email
Old Jan 5, 2011, 5:32 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
How to Escalate Further?

Long story short (and being vague), had an incident on a flight that led the FAs to voluntarily write up an 'incident report' (not sure exactly what was written, felt it wasn't my place to ask, and this was initiated by the FA, not me). I SNAIL MAILED a letter to customer relations, wanting no compensation, but clarification about something...Also complimented the FAs and asked that they be recognized for their efforts ABOVE AND BEYOND their duties to help us in a bad situation.

In previous years, when writing snail mail, I'd receive a nice return letter (also snail mail) that was personal and covered exactly what I was writing about.

Received a canned response by e-mail, NOT EVEN CLOSE to the main issue at hand. Further, no comments that these FAs would be recognized (or anything put in their file), and nothing as to my mention of the incident report.

Any suggestions to get an actual person to read it? It's like it was scanned, one keyword was picked out of the letter and an auto-response was sent based on that one word in the letter. Should I keep with 1K voice or re-try sending by snail mail?

Like I said, snail mail used to be the way to get an accurate response and none of the unrelated canned responses that I read so frequently about from 1kvoice e-mails...But those days appear to be over too.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I would call the 1K Desk, and ask to speak to 1K customer relations. When you need something done, I've found that they are able to help.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by MBS PremExec
Long story short (and being vague), had an incident on a flight that led the FAs to voluntarily write up an 'incident report' (not sure exactly what was written, felt it wasn't my place to ask, and this was initiated by the FA, not me). I SNAIL MAILED a letter to customer relations, wanting no compensation, but clarification about something...Also complimented the FAs and asked that they be recognized for their efforts ABOVE AND BEYOND their duties to help us in a bad situation.

In previous years, when writing snail mail, I'd receive a nice return letter (also snail mail) that was personal and covered exactly what I was writing about.

Received a canned response by e-mail, NOT EVEN CLOSE to the main issue at hand. Further, no comments that these FAs would be recognized (or anything put in their file), and nothing as to my mention of the incident report.

Any suggestions to get an actual person to read it? It's like it was scanned, one keyword was picked out of the letter and an auto-response was sent based on that one word in the letter. Should I keep with 1K voice or re-try sending by snail mail?

Like I said, snail mail used to be the way to get an accurate response and none of the unrelated canned responses that I read so frequently about from 1kvoice e-mails...But those days appear to be over too.
I've had good luck when responding to the first reply by 1K voice and indicating they totally missed the point of the original notice, highlighting the key things for them and sending it back. It usually is right the second time, but I went three or four back/forth with them on an issue once. Nice of you to pursue this!
Old Jan 5, 2011, 6:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by GoingAway
I've had good luck when responding to the first reply by 1K voice and indicating they totally missed the point of the original notice, highlighting the key things for them and sending it back. It usually is right the second time, but I went three or four back/forth with them on an issue once. Nice of you to pursue this!
+1
The last couple of days I have been sending emails back and forth with 1K Voice and received personalized replies on each email. In fact, the first email included this message at the end "If I could have been better in handling your request, please reply to this email, which will be escalated for further review to ensure we have done everything possible".
Old Mar 27, 2011, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Just fired off an email to 1K Voice. About five minutes after I sent my email, I received this lovely auto-reply:

*** Please do not reply to this email as this is an unmonitored email box. *****

We have received your email and are doing everything we can to respond as quickly as possible.

Normally, we respond to requests within 2 business days. Currently we are experiencing very high email volumes so there may be a delay in our response to you. We are currently responding to emails within 5 days.

We are doing everything possible to respond as soon as we can. We regret that our current volumes are not allowing us to meet the level of service you expect. We very much appreciate your patience during this time.

Sincerely,
United Airlines Customer Relations
They have been sending this message for months. Are they that busy at 1K Voice? When I became a 1K in September, I would always get an email back within 36 hours. These days, it can take almost a week to hear back..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.