FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger-504/)
-   -   What's happened with 1K Voice? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger/876559-whats-happened-1k-voice.html)

PPM Oct 15, 2008 8:24 pm

What's happened with 1K Voice?

I've sent two duplicate emails to 1K voice in the last 3 weeks, and have not gotten any response. This is very different from my experiences in the past, whereby I got an immediate response that the email had been received, and within a couple of days, got a specific response. I've heard nothing. Was this service down-sized with recent cuts?

iAMreallyBORED Oct 15, 2008 8:46 pm

When I emailed 1K Voice two weeks ago, I didn't receive an automated reply (stating that my email had been received) either, however I did get a response within 72 hours. ^

ozstamps Oct 15, 2008 8:50 pm

Elvis or other unlikely named Indian answered me last week, pasting 4 or 5 macros together, that as usual did not address the issue at hand. :td:

UNITED959 Oct 15, 2008 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by PPM (Post 10527543)
What's happened with 1K Voice?

Not a whole lot, actually... :td: :(

gomike Oct 15, 2008 8:58 pm

It must have laryngitis.

notquiteaff Oct 15, 2008 9:10 pm

I received a reply (and satisfying resolution) just last week.

TonyBurr Oct 15, 2008 9:53 pm

It really is just a UA illusion! No such creature exists!

bmvaughn Oct 15, 2008 10:13 pm

My email from Monday was answered today.

I've noticed using some words in emails will cause the email to be no-answered. Words like.... "compensation" perhaps ;)

fadeforward Oct 15, 2008 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by bmvaughn (Post 10528097)
My email from Monday was answered today.

As was mine. I've had nothing but satisfactory experiences from 1Kvoice; about 7 for 7.

hungarianhc Oct 15, 2008 10:35 pm

Yes when Team India pastes those emails together, they really often make no sense. A collection of phrases that make sense on their own, cobbled together w/ poor grammar and lack of relevance.

Lightman7 Oct 15, 2008 11:57 pm

I had sent an email in September, and didn't get a reply. Sent a follow up about two weeks after, and they emailed me back that they did reply and included the original letter (including compensation!). I run my own mail server, so I know the first one was not sent (I even went through the server logs to check).

Who knows what is really going on?

Tor Viking Oct 16, 2008 3:41 am

Originally Posted by PPM (Post 10527543)
I've sent two duplicate emails to 1K voice in the last 3 weeks, and have not gotten any response. This is very different from my experiences in the past, whereby I got an immediate response that the email had been received, and within a couple of days, got a specific response. I've heard nothing. Was this service down-sized with recent cuts?

Send it to XXX@XXX
Then you`ll get a response email + and answer from the USA. :)

ozflier Oct 16, 2008 4:44 am

it still seems to be working .

Sent off a request a week ago - no autogenerated response but a human one some 3 days later ( denying the request of course)

corrad Oct 16, 2008 6:04 am

The reply was in my spam folder. Check there.

dartagnan Oct 16, 2008 8:34 am

I got a cut and paste from Bhapashnar or some similar Indian name.

Didn't really address the issue with any intelligence, but did offer poor compensation. :td: