Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

1K Voice response time - 1K's don't get no respect!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1K Voice response time - 1K's don't get no respect!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2007, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Thumbs down 1K Voice response time - 1K's don't get no respect!

I wrote 1K Voice Aug 22 and got a response today. Is that pathetic or what? My issue was the change on the weekend fare quotes where now we see one way fares. I asked them to go back to RT quotes. I think this one way fare deal with UA is a crock. It's not like you could get that price going one way. To me it is deceptive, requiring the reading of fine print. In fact, give me a quote that includes taxes so I see the REAL price.

At any rate, while I did think 1K Voice was actually dead, it would appear that it is not dead, just slumbering. In fact, it is insulting to be ignored for over a month. And, of course, all I got was an acknowledgement of my note, not any indication that it was taken seriously.
Old Oct 3, 2007, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

1K voice (or lack thereof), has long been a huge joke. It's something UA should really straighten out, because most GM's report getting faster responses than that.
Old Oct 3, 2007, 11:43 am

Programs: UA 3K UGS 3MM
Originally Posted by Karen2
I wrote 1K Voice Aug 22 and got a response today. Is that pathetic or what? My issue was the change on the weekend fare quotes where now we see one way fares. I asked them to go back to RT quotes. I think this one way fare deal with UA is a crock. It's not like you could get that price going one way. To me it is deceptive, requiring the reading of fine print. In fact, give me a quote that includes taxes so I see the REAL price.

At any rate, while I did think 1K Voice was actually dead, it would appear that it is not dead, just slumbering. In fact, it is insulting to be ignored for over a month. And, of course, all I got was an acknowledgement of my note, not any indication that it was taken seriously.
You should write to every airline and essentially all companies that use the same tactics.
Old Oct 3, 2007, 11:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Sorry Karen, I not with ya' on this one.... UA could do alot more things better, this one is no big deal. If it is just multiply the price by 2 .

Also, kevanyalowitz is on track with his response, its the same reason cars are pretty much only advertised by the monthly payment (not the full price), or carpet is now pretty much sold by the sq.ft. and not the sq.yd.

as far as the 1K voice not working right.... at least you have a forum (voice itself) to vent.
Old Oct 3, 2007, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by jhayes_1780
Sorry Karen, I not with ya' on this one.... UA could do alot more things better, this one is no big deal. If it is just multiply the price by 2 .
Well, then why can't UA just advertise it with round trip fare as the calculation of fare is just a simple 2x the fare. Advertising them as one way fares imply one could purchase one way trips at those fare. In reality, one has to purchase a round trip to get that equivalent one way fare. It is not false advertising, but very sneaky move. It is not a classy move for UA.
Old Oct 3, 2007, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
My issue was the change on the weekend fare quotes where now we see one way fares. I asked them to go back to RT quotes. I think this one way fare deal with UA is a crock. It's not like you could get that price going one way. To me it is deceptive, requiring the reading of fine print. In fact, give me a quote that includes taxes so I see the REAL price.
"Each way based upon round trip purchase, plus taxes and fees" is so common to me now, that I thought it was universally understood. If you don't like price quotes without taxes, how do you feel about every purchase you make now which gets a sales tax tacked on? Again, pretty standard practice in this country - though certainly not so in the rest of the world.
Old Oct 3, 2007, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Uh, guys, let's stay on topic here. The OP is not compaining (on this forum) about the one way vs RT pricing. She is complaining about the slow response to 1K voice, supposedly a system that provides the VERY BEST response to customer issues. I agree that a 6 week delay in getting back to your top customers is unacceptable.

However, my experience with 1K voice is much better. I typically get a 2 week turnaround on items. I often get an email back within 1 week.

Karen, did you give them your email address?
Old Oct 3, 2007, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by blueman2
However, my experience with 1K voice is much better. I typically get a 2 week turnaround on items. I often get an email back within 1 week.
And are you happy with that? Even a week seems totally unacceptable to me. For the "best service," I wouldn't expect more than a coulple of days at most. When I write someone at WHQ I typically get an answer within hours, often by phone.
Old Oct 3, 2007, 1:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by blueman2
Uh, guys, let's stay on topic here. The OP is not compaining (on this forum) about the one way vs RT pricing.
ok, then. Maybe if 1K voice weren't inundated with trivial complaints they could respond to the REAL issues more timely.
Old Oct 3, 2007, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
And are you happy with that? Even a week seems totally unacceptable to me. For the "best service," I wouldn't expect more than a coulple of days at most. When I write someone at WHQ I typically get an answer within hours, often by phone.

I should have been more clear. No, I am not happy with 1 week email response, but it is better than 6-8 weeks the OP got. My message was mainly to see if for some reason UA did not have her email address. When I complain and UA agrees to provide a voucher, it does typically take 6 weeks for the voucher to show up. So I was testing to see if this was just a snail mail issue.

Last edited by blueman2; Oct 3, 2007 at 4:39 pm
Old Oct 3, 2007, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by Tom Beyersdorf
ok, then. Maybe if 1K voice weren't inundated with trivial complaints they could respond to the REAL issues more timely.

??? Read the description of 1K Voice on the UA web site. It does not list any level of "criticality" of issues that should be addressed there. It says contact us for any compliment, complaint, or issue you are not getting resolved elsewhere. If UA just wants this for critical items, they should say so.

But I thought 1K voice was all about giving 1K's a voice. Hmmm.
Old Oct 3, 2007, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I recently e-mailed the Continental OnePass service center as a general member. It took them less than 24-hours to provide a complete response.
Old Oct 3, 2007, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA1K 3MM, AS MVP 75K Gold
Originally Posted by rjque
I recently e-mailed the Continental OnePass service center as a general member. It took them less than 24-hours to provide a complete response.

It can be done, obviously. I e-mail Amex and have always gotten a real response (not a canned one) within 24 hours. That's amazing to me because clearly they are getting a ton of e-mails.

With UA, the cause has to be fewer people to respond combined with a lack of training or the inability of reps to authorize decisions.

Typical of this is when you try and get a refund via the website. We all know if you call, you'll get a check within a few weeks. When you apply through e-mail, it takes months and there are times you never get a travel credit.

I once had a running dialogue to get a $24 travel credit due to the fare dropping. It took over nine months and numerous e-mails before it was resolved.

And, of course, all the e-mails started off with "We value your business as a IK and a MM. . . . )
Old Oct 3, 2007, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA 'kettle', Marriott Gold, ICH Gld, Hertz 5*
Of course, then there's those times UA gets their round trip and one way fares confused

I read all my fares on ExpertFlyer or Farecompare anyway, so don't even notice the nuance. I just use .bomb to book the buggers

Edited to add I've never used the 1K voice; never a real need to. Guess I haven't missed much.

Pat
Old Oct 3, 2007, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA MM Gold
...I asked them to go back to RT quotes. I think this one way fare deal with UA is a crock. It's not like you could get that price going one way...
Karen, I don't think your original concern was way out of line, and it deserved a reasonable response. I too hate to see that the whole industry has gone to this imaginary price advertising, & there's nothing wrong at all with voicing your displeasure. In fact, I note that UA advertises lower fares but adds a higher fuel surcharge that routinely takes them above the AI price of their competitors. Makes finding good deals even more work & it's outright deceptive to the unaware. Alas the state of the industry.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.