Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oh noes! No more pillows in f?

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2011, 1:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, IHG AMB, Marriott Gold
Where are the Blankets and Pillows?

I flew from LAX to MCO on a red-eye trip on May 28th, received UDU and decided to sleep the whole flight only to find out that the First Class cabin didn't have pillows at all. When I asked the FA for one, she said that UA took pillows out the "Continental" way starting that day. Today, May 30th, I came back from MCO to LAX and not only did they not have pillows, but even blankets are gone! When I asked the FA, she said "Sorry, they took them off". I guess I have to bring a neck pillow and a blanket now even if I'm flying First Class!
Old May 30, 2011, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I've had a few flights this month without blankets, but figured that I would have gotten the crappy CO gauze, so I did not care too much. However, for them to not have pillows or blankets, especially on a red-eye, is a bad decision, IMHO.
Old May 30, 2011, 2:03 pm
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
CO's stroke of genius = eliminate pillows from F to improve service as a "change you will like." See my signature.
Old May 30, 2011, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
It clearly must be because business travelers hate pillows and real blankets, as the focus is now on them strategically
Old May 30, 2011, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
It clearly must be because business travelers hate pillows and real blankets, as the focus is now on them strategically
Are you serious?

Another strike from SMI/J.
Old May 30, 2011, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kb1992
Are you serious?
Tongue firmly planted in cheek. But as I see it:

A. $misek wants to focus on business travelers
B. *unknown attitudes of business travelers*
C. Pillows gone and blankets reduced in quality

A+B=C. Thus, I can only assume business travelers don't like pillows and quality blankets
Old May 30, 2011, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA Plat, 1MM
More here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...pillows-f.html
Old May 30, 2011, 2:59 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
No pillows in F, and the awful blue gauze CO blankets.
Old May 30, 2011, 8:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
I sent my complaint to 1KVoice today - will post the outcome. What kind of responses are other folks getting?
Old May 30, 2011, 9:57 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by rch4u
I sent my complaint to 1KVoice today - will post the outcome. What kind of responses are other folks getting?
Posted on Friday after I took a flight on Thursday with no pillows (figure complaint would carry more weight since I'd experience pillow-less-ness myself instead of write in on rumor) and no response yet. Will post.
Old May 31, 2011, 9:13 am

Programs: Recovering after 7 years of UA 1K, Still UA Silver (Which means nothing), Marriott Lifetime Plat Pre
I e-mailed a full list of changes I didn't like to $MI/J, which included pillows. Got a generic reply from customer relations:

Mr. Smisek remains attuned to the needs of our business travelers. We hope you will give these changes a chance as we roll them out. In the end we are certain it will be clear we value your business and we will work hard to keep it.

Last night I was in F without a pillow, and I tweeted my disappointment.
Old May 31, 2011, 10:48 am

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by rch4u
I have done the same. Got an auto response that due to high volume of mail it would take 5 business days to respond.

Mentioned that I preferred the old boarding order, too.
Old May 31, 2011, 12:56 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
E-mail sent to 1K Voice.

I suggest we flood them with as many e-mails as possible. It only takes a minute!
Old May 31, 2011, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA, AA, HH Diamond,HertzGold,Interconental Plat Amb.
Last night on UA 975 IAD-SFO in F (paid). Tired as heck from a FCO-IAD flight yesterday morning. No pillows! Mrs. used my blanket as a pillow, so I asked for an extra blanket. I was handed a really sorry excuse for a blanket that shed all over khaki pants I was wearing. I'm wondering what's going on, and just saw this thread. I guess I'll fill out the darn survey for a change..
Old May 31, 2011, 3:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by brucebowe
Last night on UA 975 IAD-SFO in F (paid) ... I guess I'll fill out the darn survey for a change..
Write 1P Voice or Customer Relations as well. My "blanket" shed all over my clothing as well this past weekend - I took pictures and included them with my note.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.