Wiki Posts
Search

Oh noes! No more pillows in f?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2011, 4:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
My response:

Dear daron4000:

Thank you for your feedback about the removal of pillows in First Class. I sincerely apologize for your disappointment.

At this time, there will be no changes to pillow provisioning on North America 3-class planes, P.S.
and international flights. We will continue to board blankets and pillows on 100 percent of these seats and we will continue to provision Hawaii flights with blankets in both cabins.

The removal of pillows for the 2 cabin United North America flights aligns the products of CO and UA.
Please know that as a valued 1K, your satisfaction is important to United and know we can't take your business for granted. I will share your constructive comments in a report to the appropriate management so they know what is important to you in selecting air travel.

We look forward to serving you again in the near future. At the conclusion of this email, please fill out the survey where you can rate your experience with the Customer Care department. We value your feedback and hope that you are satisfied with our service.

Regards,

XXXX XXXX
United Airlines Customer Relations
Old Jun 6, 2011, 8:58 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
In line with us signing the "Voices" page in the Hemisphere's magazine, If I am in domestic 2 cabin First, I have taken it upon my self to also write on the CEO's message page.....

"Where's my pillow!"
Old Jun 8, 2011, 2:22 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1MM
Apparently, not everyone at UA Customer Relations is fully informed about the change to no longer provide pillows. Here's the response I just got from 1K Voice:

I was surprised to hear about your not having a pillow in first class on your flight. We are not aware that there has been a policy change about pillows in first class not being offered. Perhaps this was a problem with your specific flight and they did not load the pillows. I know that pillows will not be offered in economy. I will pursue your complaint and forward it to headquarters.

Well, not surprising I guess....
Old Jun 8, 2011, 2:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by Modern 49er
Apparently, not everyone at UA Customer Relations is fully informed about the change to no longer provide pillows.
I received something similar the first time I wrote in - when I pressed the issue and responded more specifically, the same agent then confirmed there had been another amenity downgrade for domestic F.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by rch4u
I received something similar the first time I wrote in - when I pressed the issue and responded more specifically, the same agent then confirmed there had been another amenity downgrade for domestic F.
Ahem, please please, these are enhancements because our customers have asked for it.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 11:12 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by u600213
Pillow and white blanket in 3 class old C on UA325 IAD-ORD swapped from 767 to 777 yesterday.
3 class aircraft still get them, likely because they are turned with them.

Originally Posted by Modern 49er
Apparently, not everyone at UA Customer Relations is fully informed about the change to no longer provide pillows. Here's the response I just got from 1K Voice:

I was surprised to hear about your not having a pillow in first class on your flight. We are not aware that there has been a policy change about pillows in first class not being offered. Perhaps this was a problem with your specific flight and they did not load the pillows. I know that pillows will not be offered in economy. I will pursue your complaint and forward it to headquarters.

Well, not surprising I guess....
I've had a couple of these snarky "I was surprised to hear..." since the WEDONTCARE-ification of UA customer service.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 11:13 pm

Excerpted from the response email to me from CR:

We appreciate hearing from you Mr. Nelumbo regarding your feedback on pillows
in first class. It is information such as yours that encourages us to
make changes to policies. We have recently changed back the boarding
process because our 1K feedback was negative. Our senior management
heard your voices and changed it back within a week or two. Therefore,
please be assured that your comments will go forth regarding bringing
back the pillows.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 12:19 am

Programs: UA 1k, BA Gold, AF Silver, *wd Plat, HH G
no pillows

5.5 hour flight to PVA. Pregnant wife. No pillows. Paid in F for her comfort. No pillows. Not happy.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
~30(!) pillows...

...in the overhead compartment of a Shuttle America e70 dba UX dba COEX yesterday EWR-STL

Maybe it was doing a ferry run to get them out of the fleet
Old Jun 9, 2011, 8:36 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.14 MM ALASKA MVPG
Originally Posted by marsilius
5.5 hour flight to PVA. Pregnant wife. No pillows. Paid in F for her comfort. No pillows. Not happy.
Completely egregious. Bad enough they took them from E+ but First is unacceptable on transcons. I can live without a pillow PDX to SFO but IAD to SFO can be longer than IAD to LHR.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 8:46 am

At this point, they really need to come up with a different name/branding between Domestic "First" and their REAL first/business offerings. It really is such a different experience with completely different rules and expectations, the confusing name situation seems absurd.

Maybe E++ is a more appropriate name
Old Jun 9, 2011, 8:47 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.822 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Both my outbound and return bwi-sfo flights had no pillows in f. Husband and I had different blankets too. Mine was a shiny polyester-y type of material.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 5:46 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1MM
Hey....I think we may be getting somewhere. This is the second response I received today after clarifying the issue with UA Customer Solns (see post 156 above for the first chapter):

Thanks for getting back to me; yes I see that this is a new policy. Please forgive me I was on vacation last week and we had many updates while I was gone. I did report your displeasure with the new policy. I can assure you that you are not alone. So we will see where this goes from here. Our leadership team routinely reviews new business policies that negatively impact our customer's perception, and on many occasions this has resulted in us making changes to benefit our customer.

So...keep up the communication with UA. Maybe it will make a difference.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 8:11 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by marsilius
You should definitely send a complaint e-mail.
I did the same after my paid F flight last month.

I think complaints from people with paid premium fares will be particularly impactful.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 8:06 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Pillows on UA348 LAX-ORD. Same size as always, but seemingly overstuffed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.