Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oh noes! No more pillows in f?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2011, 12:39 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by LarryU
Two months have elapsed since UA indicated that they are working on a new "provisioning procedure" for restoring pillows to the F cabins of domestic, two class planes. Would you please tell us where we stand with respect to the restoration of pillows?
I think the procedure is that for every X pillows they take off a plane, they replace them with -X new ones.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 7:19 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Brilliant, I love it!

No pillows and gauze blanket 960 LAX-ORD yesterday.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
No pillows on any flights this month.. Just gauze blankets.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1MM
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
No pillows on any flights this month.. Just gauze blankets.
Same here...LAX-IAD--nothing. I thought this was going to be fixed
Old Aug 27, 2011, 12:39 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, B6
^ That's Brilliant!

I always found the pillows really helped with lumbar support in the F seats (and don't even get me started on the new CO seats! ). It makes me wish the powers that be would adopt the UA pillow policy for the new airline instead of CO's no-pillows.
Old Aug 27, 2011, 7:33 pm

you guys please write to customer service and tell them. posting here won't fix the issue. letting the airline know this sucks will

Last edited by donnerparty; Aug 27, 2011 at 9:11 pm
Old Sep 15, 2011, 1:14 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Pillow fight

For those of us who thought UA implied pillows were coming back to two-class domestic F, read the response I just got from "Customer Solutions":

Dear wxguy,

Thank you for contacting us. As a valued 1K your concerns regarding
pillows on domestic 2-cabin flights are important to us. We are
currently experiencing a high volume of emails, and I offer my apologies
for the delay in your response to your message.

Currently we have no directives in reference to your concerns regarding
pillows being returned for domestic 2-cabin flights.

Your business is important to us, and we look forward to serving you
again soon.

Regards,

xxxx xxxxxxxx

United Airlines Customer Care

Every FTer should email, Facebook, and Twitter dissatisfaction!
Old Sep 15, 2011, 8:19 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by wxguy
For those of us who thought UA implied pillows were coming back to two-class domestic F, read the response I just got from "Customer Solutions":

Every FTer should email, Facebook, and Twitter dissatisfaction!
Bolding mine: Already did regarding no pillows in F on UA770 SFO-BOS (redeye 9/10) and UA975 IAD-SFO (9/11)
Old Sep 15, 2011, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I posted to Facebook about no pillows and gauze blankets. I'll plan on doing that after every flight.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 8:54 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I posted to Facebook about no pillows and gauze blankets. I'll plan on doing that after every flight.
Now don't go stealing my line of writing "Where's my pillow!" on the CEO's message page of the Hemisphere's magazine
Old Sep 15, 2011, 11:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Thumbs down

No pillows in F HNL-SFO 9/5. Earlier CS emails said they were coming back to Hawaii service.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by djmp
No pillows in F HNL-SFO 9/5. Earlier CS emails said they were coming back to Hawaii service.
Post on the UA facebook.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 5:30 am

Programs: Recovering after 7 years of UA 1K, Still UA Silver (Which means nothing), Marriott Lifetime Plat Pre
Originally Posted by donnerparty
you guys please write to customer service and tell them. posting here won't fix the issue. letting the airline know this sucks will
I wrote in when you posted this, and reminded them that after pillows were removed, I wrote in and was told they will be coming back. Yet they have not come back. I just got this reply:

We are making changes to pillow provisioning to more closely align the product offering between our Continental and United subsidiaries. Effective May 20, 2011, we removed pillows from United North America two-class and Hawaii flights. Here’s what else you should know:

At this time, there will be no changes to pillow provisioning on North America three-class airplanes, p.s. and international flights. We will continue to board blankets and pillows at 100 percent on all seats. We will continue to provision Hawaii flights with blankets at 100 percent in United First and United Economy.

Pillows were reinstated for first class only on long haul Hawaii flights to/from (IAH/EWR/ORD/DEN)

I wrote back and attached the e-mail I received earlier in the year stating that pillows would return to domestic F, and asked why I was told by one person they would return, and am not being told they will not return. I got this reply:

Dear Mr. Emanon,
Thank you for your email response. The communication you received about pillow provisioning returning in domestic first class two cabin flights and both domestic economy and first class on all overnight flights that you have referred to was communicated to Customer Care in late May of this year. We were asked to tell all customers that pillow provisioning would return to those flights.

We were just recently told that our pillow provisioning would change again and that pillows were reinstated for first class only on long haul Hawaii flights to/from (IAH/EWR/ORD/DEN) on Friday, July 22, 2011, and will not be offered on any other domestic two cabin flights.
I hope this clarifies your inquiry. Have a wonderful day.

Last edited by emanon256; Sep 21, 2011 at 2:55 pm Reason: Added more info abotu second responce.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
9/29 SFO IAD redeye. Blankets on seats and no pillows in F. FA seemed put out that anyone should even ask about pillows. Connected to IAD LHR day flight in E where every seat had pillows and blankets. Confirms my view that international E+ > domestic F
Old Oct 1, 2011, 8:50 am

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
9/29 SFO IAD redeye. Blankets on seats and no pillows in F. FA seemed put out that anyone should even ask about pillows. Connected to IAD LHR day flight in E where every seat had pillows and blankets. Confirms my view that international E+ > domestic F
SFO - LHR in E+ 2 weeks ago - blankets and pillows were indeed provided but the quality was craptastic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.