Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oh noes! No more pillows in f?

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2011, 10:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by weirdlyndon
p.s. still has pillows in all cabins.
...for now, who knows what will happen when they do the rumored changes to ps.
Old May 24, 2011, 11:17 am

Programs: *Gold / HHonors Gold
No pillows on my redeye SFO-ORD on Friday 20 May. Made sure I filled out a UALSurvey and pointed that out.
Old May 24, 2011, 11:51 am

Programs: UA 1K, PC Plat
No pillows in 777 F SFO-HNL.
Purser responded I must have missed that memo when I pointed it out to her. She followed up with "it's all aabout the money now"
Glad I came prepared with LH feather pillow I ended up with from euro buisness class.
Old May 24, 2011, 12:27 pm

Programs: Random acts of kindness and senseless beauty
I don't usually use the pillow, but I still hate the petty downhill slide in F amenities. Please CO don't take away my button hole napkin!
Old May 24, 2011, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
UX today ORD-PWM (Go Jet) had pillows and gauze.

I wasn't expecting them at all, but it was a nice bonus of sorts.
Old May 25, 2011, 9:58 am

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UA1K/Million Miler;Honors Silver,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
On 2 flights yesterday where they had the old heavy plaid blankets instead of the gauze- change due to customer feedback?
Old May 25, 2011, 10:12 am

Programs: CO PresPlat, UA GS, Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Fairmont Premier, BA Silver, AVIS PresCircle
Originally Posted by last2board
I don't usually use the pillow, but I still hate the petty downhill slide in F amenities. Please CO don't take away my button hole napkin!
CO also uses the button hole napkin which I too am a fan of ^
Old May 25, 2011, 10:17 am

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
UA 492 757 SEA-SFO No pillows, gauze blankets

Title says it all: UA 492F 757 SEA-SFO No pillows, gauze blankets in F
Old May 25, 2011, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rustyr
On 2 flights yesterday where they had the old heavy plaid blankets instead of the gauze- change due to customer feedback?
there are 4 blankets now it seems like:

- PS/Int'l C/F (nicer of course)
- Old UA thick plaid
- New UA see-through gauze
- New(?) UA that's navy, thicker than the gauze/towelette, but not the plaid

#4 isn't awful, and is an improvement over #3. #2 of course would be preferred domestically.

Who knows where they'll land
Old May 25, 2011, 10:50 am
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
there are 4 blankets now it seems like:

- PS/Int'l C/F (nicer of course)
- Old UA thick plaid
- New UA see-through gauze
- New(?) UA that's navy, thicker than the gauze/towelette, but not the plaid

#4 isn't awful, and is an improvement over #3. #2 of course would be preferred domestically.
I believe #4 is the CO standard, and #3 was the total garbage that CO thought they could get away with stiffing UA pax with and no one would notice. Seriously, #3 looks like what you weave with the threads that you sweep off the floor of the factory that makes #2.

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Who knows where they'll land
You're going to like where they land.
Old May 25, 2011, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Got it - the true, thicker CO one still isn't as good as the old UA, but an improvement over the moist towelette
Old May 25, 2011, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
DEN-ORD 777 F/C/Y had white pillows and duvets. DEN-SEA 757 had just blankets, but alternating between the CO gauze and the original UA blanket.
Old May 26, 2011, 9:01 pm

Programs: United, American Frequent Fliers
No Pillows In United First Class

I was rather disappointed to learn that pillows were no longer provided in First Class. This caused a bit of grumbling and consternation amongst my fellow passengers and the cabin staff who tried in vain to apologize for United's new policy.

After listening to the opening announcement by the President of UAL extolling the merger with Continental and explaining the effort to repaint the combined fleet, the stingy removal of pillows seemed a stark contrast to the proclaimed interest in passenger comfort and satisfaction.
Old May 26, 2011, 11:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS 2MM
1k voice replied...

So an answer came back from 1k voice.

Not a canned answer, but a candid statement that they had not heard about the change and they agreed that pillows add comfort and this was indeed an unwelcome change. They added that this did indeed create a negative perception of the merging airline and it would be reported up the chain and as a problem.

It was a well written response from what appeared to be US-based customer service.
Old May 27, 2011, 7:00 am

Programs: UA 1K; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Diamond; CCarlson Elite
No pillows on an overnight flight?!

Just got off of United 0653 HNL-SFO, which took off at 2100 and landed at 0440ish local. Standard blue blankets in the seats, but no pillows. A 5.5 hour overnight flight almost specifically designed to sleep thru and no pillows? New one for me; what's up with that?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.