Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Celebrity Sightings on United Airlines [Through 2011]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on United Airlines [Through 2011]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2007, 7:53 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Adam West is 79 - Pow!
Old Dec 18, 2007, 9:01 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by goalie
nutz-beat me to it. now two ?'s folks...

who remembers the batman tv show when it first aired vs today and re-runs/syndication. i'm not proud as i was in elementary school

how old is adam west anyway? i say 65-70
And no one should forget his recurring role as the superhero Catman.
Old Jan 8, 2008, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, AA CK 2MM, DL DM 1MM, WN CP, AS MVP, B6 Mosaic3, Marriott Titanium Lftm, Hyatt GLB
Originally Posted by Kurt
The guy who played Erkel, on UA891 LAX-NRT 12/13. He was dressed "hip-hop style" and he got an op-up from C to F, and the gentleman with him (dressed similarly) got one from Y to C.
I sat next to Kellie Williams (Urkel's crush Laura Winslow from Family Matters) on a UA LAX-IAD flight 2-3 years ago and had no idea who she was. She was very polite but kept to herself for the most part. The flight attendant told me who she was as I deplaned...
Old Jan 8, 2008, 5:07 pm

Programs: WWMFD
Originally Posted by Kurt
Adam West is 79 - Pow!
So, was he in the RCC as part of a UA Transpac FA interview?
Old Jan 8, 2008, 7:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Plat Pro
Dec 26th - SFO-YVR - Joe Frazier. I only knew I was in the presence of greatness as one of the Y flight attendants came up to meet him. Him and his seat mate (they were clearly travelling together) were very reserved and friendly. He gave out signed business cards and took pictures with the crew. He also wears a very sharp cowboy hat.
Old Jan 8, 2008, 7:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott
I still think of the "Family Matters" opening scenes/music every time I fly into ORD...
Old Jan 8, 2008, 9:53 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Marriott Platium, SPG
Originally Posted by Wireless
I still think of the "Family Matters" opening scenes/music every time I fly into ORD...
I think of "Perfect Strangers"...

I do NOT think of "Full House" when flying to SFO, however.
Old Jan 8, 2008, 10:09 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by MBS PremExec
Sat across the aisle today on LAX-ORD (2-class 767 in F) from Dustin Diamond--"Screech" from Saved By The Bell.

Guess who I saw AGAIN!?!?!??!

For the second time in less than a year, I saw Screech...This time it was just at the F11 boarding area at ORD. I assume he was going to MKE again, as the first time around I learned he lived there. This time it was a little weird...As I walked from the RCC to F11 to board my flight home to MBS, he was sitting on the floor, right near where the door is, eating a huge bag of McDonald's food. No one recognized him, and I got my fill of him the first time around, so didn't say anything this time.

It's my second double-spotting of a celebrity. I've met Montel Williams TWICE on ORD-LAS (pre-Ted) flights. And I wonder why I get Screech twice, but yet to see any of the following: Cameron Diaz, Scarlett Johansson, Uma Thurman or Kate Hudson. (I did sit next to Beyonce's manager on LAX-JFK in first, but noooo can't get Beyonce either ).
Old Jan 8, 2008, 10:18 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by MBS PremExec
For the second time in less than a year, I saw Screech. It's my second double-spotting of a celebrity.
I'd've written that as "celebrity", and if that eyesole behavior of his on "Celebrity Fit Club" wasn't staged (what?! Fake behavior from Hollywood on a "Reality" show? Nooooo! ) he really needs to get his teeth caved in.
Old Jan 8, 2008, 10:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott
Originally Posted by HaeMaker
I think of "Perfect Strangers"...

I do NOT think of "Full House" when flying to SFO, however.
That's because there aren't many low approaches into SFO over Alamo Square...
Old Jan 9, 2008, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Rob Lowe, wife, and kids very non-obtrusively waiting for flights in ORD IFL on 1/3.
Old Jan 9, 2008, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM
Ann Telnaes, Pulitzer-winning political cartoonist. I doubt many would recognize her face, but you've likely seen her work.

Flying IAD-FCO in C, I was chatting with my delightful seat opponent. She was on her way to Rome for an international conference for political cartoonists. She spent much of the flight working on her MacBook Pro, preparing a presentation she was going to give. When I asked if I could see some of her work, she said I should just look at her website.

A few days after I returned home, I did take a look at www.anntelnaes.com. I was blown away—I love her cartoons! I said to myself, "Show me the newspaper that publishes this stuff and I'll subscribe." I thought I had discovered an incredible new talent—then I saw that little link to the Pulitzer website. I guess I'm not the only one who loves the dead-on aim of the darts she throws with delightfully wicked and acerbic wit.

Last edited by SeattleFred; Jan 9, 2008 at 5:07 pm
Old Jan 9, 2008, 4:39 pm

Programs: Marriott -Lifetime Platinum. A3 Gold (ex-Aeroplan-E50), Skymiles Gold, Hertz Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by kcvt750
So, was he in the RCC as part of a UA Transpac FA interview?

He probably couldn't manage sufficient rudeness to land that job...
Old Jan 10, 2008, 9:46 am

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Originally Posted by SeattleFred
my delightful seat opponent
This would be the delightful person you fight with over a seat?
Old Jan 10, 2008, 10:36 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by snic
This would be the delightful person you fight with over a seat?
over the armrest and under-seat storage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.