Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Celebrity Sightings on United Airlines [Through 2011]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on United Airlines [Through 2011]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2008, 3:23 am

Programs: UA 1K, CX Gold
Originally Posted by ralphwiggum
Was Wilfork in Y?? He's well over 340 lbs!!
Yessir, poor Vince was in E-. Dan was in 1st. Vince's ticket must have been a last second deal or something. Plus he had some family with him, so maybe there weren't enough seats in front to acccomodate them all. All I know is he was very friendly to me.
Old Feb 11, 2008, 10:27 am

Nobel Prize winning economist Jim Heckman ORD-DCA. He is a GS, uses Briggs & Riley luggage, walks very fast, and wears George Burns glasses.

A brilliant man, unquestionably, but easily one of the most unreadable academics alive today (along with Anthony Giddens, Paul DiMaggio, and William Sewell). One of my labor econ professors was his student at U Chicago, and said that Heckman purposely wrote in such a way so as to not communicate with those he felt were of inferior intellect or unworthy of understanding his work (!). And so I guess it was no surprise that away from Hyde Park he was a GateLice Elite, pushing folks out of the way so as to be first on and off the plane, putting his feet up on the bulkhead and leaving a scuff or two, and taking up as much OHB space as possible. Ave Laureatus
Old Feb 11, 2008, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Howie Long from ESPN was on UA82 HNL-LAX yesterday in 6J. That guy is so tall that even in first class, his knees were pressed up against the seat in front!
Old Feb 11, 2008, 3:26 pm

Programs: UA1K, AA Platinum, Hyatt Gold
Mike Epps in F-Class today DEN-LAX UA781.
Boy really likes his alcohol.
Was sitting in 6D.
Old Feb 11, 2008, 3:38 pm

Programs: UA MM, Premier Plat, Costco EM
Originally Posted by kyejw
Howie Long from ESPN was on UA82 HNL-LAX yesterday in 6J. That guy is so tall that even in first class, his knees were pressed up against the seat in front!
was sitting in C on a B777, IAD to LAX about ten years ago, Howie was in F - saw in sitting by the gate reading the WSJ. As I was in the mini-cabin and we deplaned from door 2 , I waited for him to walk through and he signed my yes, Connossieur class, menu. Class act.
Old Feb 11, 2008, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Originally Posted by kyejw
On his way back from the Probowl. I betcha there were other Fox Sports guys on that plane. Terry? Jimmy?
Old Feb 11, 2008, 8:49 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Sat next to Ollie North going IAD-SAT. He is GS, had a Fox News laptop and the word 'iniquity' written out on a label on the computer. Hope it wasn't his password
I SO wanted to ask him how Fawn Hall was doing.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Flew with Robert Novak and Fred Barnes DEN-ASE yesterday. They were in exPlus first and I was in 3B. Enjoyed hearing their political speculation throughout the flight.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 2:41 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Marriott Platium, SPG
Originally Posted by ExCrew
Sat next to Ollie North going IAD-SAT. He is GS, had a Fox News laptop and the word 'iniquity' written out on a label on the computer. Hope it wasn't his password
I SO wanted to ask him how Fawn Hall was doing.
I guarantee it was his password. No doubt in my mind.

I work in IT, and I had to work on some guys computer. I had to login as him to fix something. He was at lunch. I looked at his screen and saw 'aaaaa' written on the bottom of it.

Bingo!
Old Feb 13, 2008, 9:26 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by HaeMaker
I guarantee it was his password. No doubt in my mind.

I work in IT, and I had to work on some guys computer. I had to login as him to fix something. He was at lunch. I looked at his screen and saw 'aaaaa' written on the bottom of it.

Bingo!
Which is pretty scary to think that dude was heavily involved in Iran-Contra and other national security issues.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 12:52 am

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Not a sighting, but... on tonight's The Colbert Report, Stephen Colbert briefly mentioned traveling in first class and said that "they warm up the nuts." That can only mean UA, right? So... who'll be the first to spot Stephen?
Old Feb 14, 2008, 1:46 am

Programs: UA 1K
Former Chicago Bear, The Fridge

Sorry, I'm new to this forum, so this sighting is from May 2005 (if I can find the ticket stub I will edit with flight number and stuff). United from ORF-ORD in first class, the Fridge was sitting in the seat behind me. I'm a Bears fan so it was extra special for me.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 2:06 am
Community Director Emerita

Welcome to FlyerTalk, chuckrivera.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by cepheid
Not a sighting, but... on tonight's The Colbert Report, Stephen Colbert briefly mentioned traveling in first class and said that "they warm up the nuts." That can only mean UA, right? So... who'll be the first to spot Stephen?
Must be a different airline. United serves warm nuts?
Old Feb 14, 2008, 2:10 am

about a year and a half ago I saw that Molto Mario/ American Iron Chef guy, Mario Battali, on a LGA-ORD flight. He looked like a big slob... maroon/ white pinstripe shirt over blue t-shirt with olive-green cargo shorts, grey tube socks, and orange crocs. Yuck!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.