Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Celebrity Sightings on United Airlines [Through 2011]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on United Airlines [Through 2011]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2011, 12:35 pm

Carlos Santa sfo-lax, 2A. saw his BP and he is premier exec.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 11:00 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
I'm on a p.s. plane right now JFK-LAX UA 443 (8:59 am takeoff) in 8D and Michael Richards (Cramer from Sienfeld) is in 5A. Slept for the first 2/3 of the flight and just woke up. Looks younger and skinnier than I would guess. I think he has some dye working in the hair.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 12:54 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Sheryl Crow

At the United Club East in DEN right now.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 1:28 am

Programs: UA MM 1K; HA Pualani Gold, SWA A-List; Aloha Silver (RIP); HH Gold
Kamala Harris

California Attorney General, Kamala Harris walking through terminal 3 at SFO while I waited at gate 82
Old Nov 4, 2011, 8:18 pm

Programs: 1MM BIS. Former 18-year segment 1K, 1997-2014...now just a distant memory.
Visited the C17 United Club at IAD last Saturday evening. Was standing in line to check on my rebooking, due to the "weather" canx of my flight to Providence, and to get a voucher for a complimentary 1K hotel room. In the club at the same time were both Jessie Jackson and actor Ethan Hawke, who was standing behind me in line.

While I had no interest in interacting with Mr. Jackson (or he certainly with me), I did strike up a short conversation with Mr. Hawke, who was quite casually dressed. He was very approachable and down-to-earth, seemingly an overall all right guy. He was headed to Europe to some sort of a film gathering.

Last edited by ColoBill1; Nov 6, 2011 at 10:58 pm
Old Nov 5, 2011, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AK Gold 75K, etc. etc.
Newt Gingrich on the flight from DSM to ORD last Tuesday (Nov 1). I first saw him at security. Apparently, he didn't have the right boarding pass so the TSA made him go back to the ticket counter to take care of it.

Then I saw him on the flight to Chicago....he flew coach. He seemed to know some of the folks sitting in first class, chatting with them for a few minutes, as I boarded the plane a couple of people behind him.

Lots of presidential candidates in Iowa these days.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 6:47 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Just arrived on UA 981 (KWI-IAD) on November 20th and Ted Koppel was sitting in F with one of his producers. Clearly doing something on the troop withdrawal from Iraq.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 1:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, 2.3MM; AA ExecPlat 1.2MM
Sam Trammell, from True Blood. Behind me in security at BOS Nov 20; young TSA female recognized him and was quite excited. He waited for LAX flight in the gate area (next to the E+ seat display). I didn't see him between security and RCC or would have guested him in.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Two yesterday:

Nichelle Nicholls, Lt. Uhura from the original Star Trek series was in the JFK IFL.

Former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright was in the IAD IFL.

Both were very nice!
Old Dec 1, 2011, 2:29 pm

Programs: DL-PM | UA-1K | HH-Gold
Saw attorney/activist Gloria Allred in the LAX UC (cough, RCC, cough) in the early afternoon on 11/27. She was at one of the desks near the restrooms working on a laptop. People were generally leaving her alone -- though I think she could tell that I recognized her as she smiled at me when we made eye contact.

Not sure where she was headed though I think she lives up in SF so perhaps she was headed there.

In an unrelated note I saw Mike Tyson and his girlfriend on his way LAX>LAS on 11/22 on an SW flight.

I'm proud that I can recognize both Mike Tyson and Gloria Allred. Though the face tattoo helps with the former.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 8:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Geena Davis

She was on my flight from ORD-CDG, Oct 29th. WOW! What a beautiful lady! So tall and so classy! She was in FC and she was gracious and said hello to any/all of the passengers who recognized her as we deplaned. I think she was flying by herself because at the baggage claim at CDG/Paris, she was standing there by herself waiting for her luggage to come off the ramp. Nice way to start our Paris vacation!
Old Dec 1, 2011, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Originally Posted by meducate
Former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright was in the IAD IFL.
I have been on several flights with her; she flies both F and C.

Once I even got to sit next to her. During boarding, I generally don't pay attention to the other pax, but when the FA spoke to her and she responded, I immediately recognized her voice.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 10:31 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
I had my first ever double sighting today (or yesterday 12/5).

Earle Hyman who played Russell Huxtable on the Cosby show... the father of Bill Cosby's character Cliff Huxtable. I rode in the elevator with him at SEA from the north end sky bridge to ticketing where he visited the GS line.. I also rode the train with him to the N gates and I went into the UC..I didn't see him after that...he was definitely not on my flight. I am virtually certain it was him. Tall, spiffy guy...he's 85 now according to the interweb.

I flew SEA-LAX-JFK..and at baggage claim at JFK I saw Tom Brokaw waiting for his luggage..like a good FTer, he was in pole position where the bags came out. I was in C on the flight..he must have been in F (we deboarded from 1L). He had a driver waiting for him with his name on a sign. Brokaw was wearing a blue blazer and baseball cap pulled down to avoid recognition.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 11:25 am

Programs: UA 1K
Mao Asada (World champ japanese female figure skater) was 2 seats beside me on the upper deck C - Cabin 747 from ORD to NRT. I had no idea who she was. A huge group of reporters were taking photos INSIDE the security area of narita Airport (near the int'l connection area).

She was about 20 spots behind me when we got off the plane, but she somehow managed to be about 10 spots ahead of me just before heading to immigration. Looks like she got some privilege of bypassing the normal routes.

Apparently she was in Quebec and her mom was seriously ill and she went back in a rush.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...KhO_story.html
Old Dec 23, 2011, 7:28 am

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
I was sure it was Phil Jackson in IAD United Club (D gates) on Dec 6 afternoon.

But my travelling companion took a look and said, no, it's not him...so maybe 50/50?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.