Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Celebrity Sightings on United Airlines [Through 2011]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on United Airlines [Through 2011]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2008, 8:54 am

Programs: UA *G MM, AA G MM
John C. Reilly at SFO, with what I presume is wife and 2 kids; a couple weeks ago, on a Sunday afternoon.

Judging by the time and what he was wearing, I'd say he had just arrived from Hawaii. Dude looked tired
Old Feb 14, 2008, 9:04 am

Programs: DL Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by cl.lurker
John C. Reilly at SFO, with what I presume is wife and 2 kids; a couple weeks ago, on a Sunday afternoon.

Judging by the time and what he was wearing, I'd say he had just arrived from Hawaii. Dude looked tired
I saw him at ORD late one night about the time Talladega Nights came out. We were on the same flight to LAX. He was by himself and got a sandwich from one of the sub shops in the mini-food court (only thing open). He had a couple young boys approach him while he was eating and ask for his autograph and he seemed really nice. ^

Flight boarded and we were sitting in a row apart in F. I wanted to say "hi", but didn't want to bother him. I love his work and would've loved an autograph or pic, but I don't like being "that guy".

Craig
Old Feb 16, 2008, 11:33 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Kris Kristofferson at LAX RCC yesterday at 12:30 pm.
Old Feb 16, 2008, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fly UA MM 1K, Sleep Hyatt & IHG, Hertzer. 2022 Flyertalk Fantasy Football Champion
Originally Posted by Kurt
In honor of the return of “The Sopranos” this Sunday (March 13), here’s one from last October, UA22 LAX-JFK, 8:40 a.m. departure:
I wonder if the Soprano's show has/had an exclusive contract with UA. I think I've flown at least 4x's with the cast (different persons) from that show LAX<>JFK
Old Feb 16, 2008, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Silver
JAN 29 in IAD RCC

SEN Robert Dole... Going either to FRA or MUC

Doome to Coach
Old Feb 16, 2008, 7:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by Doomed to Coach
SEN Robert Dole... Going either to FRA or MUC

Doome to Coach
Before I get flamed. I pre-confess it is nitpicking. But he hasn't actually been a Senator (SEN) since his presidential run against Bill Clinton in '96. IIRC only former presidents retain the title.
Old Feb 16, 2008, 11:04 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
Originally Posted by jhayes_1780
IIRC only former presidents retain the title.
Ambassadors do. Dunno about Senators.
Old Feb 17, 2008, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by violist
Ambassadors do. Dunno about Senators.
All elected officials retain their titles for life unless they resign or are impeached.
Old Feb 17, 2008, 1:38 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM / AA PP, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Speaking of Senators... I met John Kerry tonight on the people mover at IAD. He was going to FRA. Nice guy ^
Old Feb 17, 2008, 9:27 am

Programs: UAL
Originally Posted by HNLFlyer
All elected officials retain their titles for life unless they resign or are impeached.
Why wouldn't they retain their title if they resign?
Old Feb 23, 2008, 4:27 pm

About 10 minutes ago, I almost ran into Jennifer Connolly as I walked out the ORD C16 RCC and she was heading towards the C1 end of the concourse. She was with a guy I didn't recognize and a UA agent with a rose pinned to her sweater.

I would have reported it sooner but it took me 10 minutes to remember her name.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Before I get flamed. I pre-confess it is nitpicking. But he hasn't actually been a Senator (SEN) since his presidential run against Bill Clinton in '96. IIRC only former presidents retain the title.
A bit off-topic, but most etiquette books suggest Senators retain their title, while Presidents do not. Therefore, Senator Dole would be correct, as would Mr. Carter.

http://www.bartleby.com/95/2.html
Old Feb 23, 2008, 7:34 pm

Location: MSP, WLG, or the forward most A seat in Y I can get
Programs: UA Plat (and all the derivatives on cars and hotels that implies)
Originally Posted by JBlaine
A bit off-topic, but most etiquette books suggest Senators retain their title, while Presidents do not. Therefore, Senator Dole would be correct, as would Mr. Carter.

I love Emily Post too, but "downgrading" ex-Presidents to Mr. doesn't seem to be done these days, if it was in 1922. It would be a good republican (small r!) thing to do again.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 8:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K and MM, AA EXP
That is just not true. In my experience, any Federal elected official (executive branch or legislative branch) or official confirmed by the US Senate (judges, ambassadors, cabinet officials) retain their titles for life, regardless of how they left office.

Tim
Old Feb 23, 2008, 8:52 pm
glg

Originally Posted by JBlaine

Governor Carter

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.