Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2013, 12:03 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by ua1flyer
Well, tonight's the night. I was hoping to do this before my 60th and I did. 15 million on United tonight on my flight from LAX to SYD. To the thousands of United employees I have encountered along the way as well as my fellow frequent flyers and my buddy jdivenere who is flying down with me......God Bless!!!!!
Way to go, Tom ^ and congrats! So is another "special box" in order
Old Dec 2, 2013, 12:28 pm

Programs: United 1K 2.7 MM
^
Originally Posted by ua1flyer
well, tonight's the night. I was hoping to do this before my 60th and i did. 15 million on united tonight on my flight from lax to syd. To the thousands of united employees i have encountered along the way as well as my fellow frequent flyers and my buddy jdivenere who is flying down with me......god bless!!!!!
congratulations!!!!!!!!^^
Old Dec 2, 2013, 2:23 pm
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Just crossed (a relatively measly) 1 MM last week. I got an e-mail from UA when I was a few hundred miles away (telling me I was close).

And then on my first mainline (non-UX) flight after crossing 1 MM, right after I boarded at IAD, a ground team person came aboard wearing a suit and gave me a card, printed saying "Congratulations on reaching the next Premier level," with a handwritten "Contratulations on reaching one million" written in the blank lines underneath it. And he encouraged me to start working on 2 MM right away.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 12:46 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by anc-ord772
Crossed 1MM 482 miles into JFK-LAX (over Columbus Ohio) tonight 28OCT. Received a copy of the flight plan signed by entire crew, a bottle of wine and the purser made a very nice announcement upon landing. The FA's were very friendly all flight long :-), and it was long clocking in at 6:05. Strong headwinds and an inefficient route.
MM package and MM companion 1K package arrived today. Just over one month. Everything expires Jan 2014, so we will be awash in drink chits.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 12:52 am

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
When I made MM, I got nothing but a new 1k card.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 5:47 am
Suspended

Congrats. I'll inform George Cooney to step aside to make room for you!
Old Dec 4, 2013, 11:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.3mm
I will hit 1 million in the spring. Does a 1k nominated spouse receive GPU's and RPU's?
Old Dec 4, 2013, 11:48 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SGJazz
I will hit 1 million in the spring. Does a 1k nominated spouse receive GPU's and RPU's?
no
Old Dec 4, 2013, 11:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Crossed the 1mm mark on EWR-FRA Tuesday night. A few of the FAs were happy to help me celebrate a bit, though ultimately all I really wanted was to sleep so I'd be vaguely coherent when we landed.

I have no expectations of hitting 2mm. I fly too much on OALs for it to make sense.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 12:13 am

Programs: UA 1K, MM
Crossed 1MM on Nov 1 ICN-SFO. Crew celebrated by flying the 747 under the Golden Gate Bridge. Or not (they might have -- I didn't have a window seat).
Old Dec 6, 2013, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Crossed 1MM the other day somewhere over Hudson Bay. The crew were great, bringing me a couple of drinks and some fruit from Business Class - it was a really friendly crew anyway on a largely empty flight. Just a shame that, at check in or at the gate, they wouldn't waive the fare class rule to allow me to use a spare GPU to fill a Business Class seat when the flight left with 7 or 8 empty.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 10:00 am

Programs: UA 1MM
Made 1MM and 1K on an uneventful ORD-SFO flight.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 6:36 pm

Programs: Platinum, MM - SPG lifetime Gold
Finally made it.....

Passed the million mark on a LAX to SFO flight today. Not sure what I expected but not a middle seat and another failed RPU. On a positive note, the flight was on time and the FA's were nice.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 7:02 pm

Programs: United 1k
Just broken 1mm. Spouse gets it too. I been 1k for 4 years, so he gets deemed 1k too, amazing. Does this mean he gets the RPU's and GPU's too? Did it flying over the Pacific, I think I was asleep when it happened. Upstairs at the front of the cabin, where I like being.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 8:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Robert N
Just broken 1mm. Spouse gets it too. I been 1k for 4 years, so he gets deemed 1k too, amazing. Does this mean he gets the RPU's and GPU's too? Did it flying over the Pacific, I think I was asleep when it happened. Upstairs at the front of the cabin, where I like being.
No. They get a card, drink chits and status recognition if they are flying on their own (or on a separate itin).

Realistically, unless your spouse travels on their own the biggest benefit are the extra drink chits.

Oh add me to the roll call.. I'm a 1.5MM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.