Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2013, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JerseyCityS
I just crossed 900,000 Tuesday. 95% leisure all on my own. Should end the year about 915,000.

So afraid I'm this close, and they'll change the program. I will make Gold for next year in about 3 weeks. I've been Silver for most of the past year.
With the massive change in PQDs, it seems rational that the MM program will sit untouched.

If I were you, though, I'd double up this and next year to get 85K between now and the end of 2014.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 9:38 pm

Programs: *A Junkie, SQ PPS, Skywards Gold, 2 Million Mile Flyer;*wood LT Plat, BA MM
Originally Posted by JerseyCityS
I just crossed 900,000 Tuesday. 95% leisure all on my own. Should end the year about 915,000.

So afraid I'm this close, and they'll change the program. I will make Gold for next year in about 3 weeks. I've been Silver for most of the past year.
First of all, congratulations on your soon-to-be-million-miler status. And a big chunk on leisure! That's a lot of flying...

As for your fear, no matter what, there's nothing you will be able to do...if UA becomes so arrogant where they change the MM lifetime* benefits again, so be it, right? Possible? Yes. Probable? No.

*subject to terms and conditions, when we say "lifetime" we don't really mean lifetime per se; it just sounds good.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 9:50 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA 1K, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by muc2asia

The biggest kick was that I nominated my 8 year old daughter to 1K status.
That's funny :-) My teenage daughter thinks it is ridiculous I go to Europe every week and think about this stuff.

My kids have a LOT of miles on United but it is all award travel.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 11:54 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold (UA comp)
I joined the club, now a MM

Happened on a TC somewhere over the Midwest, no fanfare (I even forgot until after I deplaned). Was hoping for a gold-plated lifetime RCC club card, a pair of titanium UA Cufflinks (with an engraving from Jeff), and maybe the cell phone of UAI.

I'm not sure I should be proud of this "accomplishment" or just consider myself a sap for having to fly all of those miles (about 70% business).

In any case, I am proud to be an FT-er, this is where the rewards are.

Thanks and congrats to all!
Old Sep 28, 2013, 8:34 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
I'm closing in my second million miles, about 2K more to go, so could be 2014 or 2015 at worse.

It does seem like the second million has been reached "faster" than the first one ;-)

Does anyone else has that same feeling?
Old Sep 28, 2013, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by sapguy
I'm closing in my second million miles, about 2K more to go, so could be 2014 or 2015 at worse.

It does seem like the second million has been reached "faster" than the first one ;-)

Does anyone else has that same feeling?
Congratulations on close to be a 2MMer.

I made 2 MM without even realizing it...due to the bump to include past EQMs when M+ and OnePass merged two years ago. I got a whopping 800K bump from many *A partner flights.

Now I am very close to 3 MM, but it has taken a toll on my body.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 9:15 am

Programs: UA LT GS 4.12MM (4.08MM BIS), AA EXP 1.86MM ,DL DM 1.1MM, HH LT Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
...but it has taken a toll on my body.
Amen to this brother!! Most of the time after taking long (and not so long) flights (especially on the 737) my back aches for days and days...the dehydration creates havoc with my sinuses and I am in perpetual "jet lag"...and to think that at one time I thought business flying was fun

After 60 years and nearly 9MMs (BIS) of flying...I wish I could take a train It is definitely not as much fun as it used to be!
Old Sep 28, 2013, 10:53 am

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz 5*
Still working on the 1MM, currently at 969,165. Took a new job a little over 2yrs ago, so my flying has slowed down a bit. Went from a perennial 1k to only barely being able to make Plat on an annual basis, with a mix of UA and *A. So the BIS pace has slowed dramatically. Still, with only 31,000 miles to go, should finally hit it next year.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 1:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
Congratulations on close to be a 2MMer.

I made 2 MM without even realizing it...due to the bump to include past EQMs when M+ and OnePass merged two years ago. I got a whopping 800K bump from many *A partner flights.

Now I am very close to 3 MM, but it has taken a toll on my body.
Thanks, and to further clarify, when I said "2K more to go" what I meant was 200K of PQM so roughly 2 more years as 1K

I am hoping to make GS this year, we shall see.

As far as toll on my body, I have been able to cope with it with flat bed on Biz class and sleeping a lot thanks to the flat beds ^
Old Oct 3, 2013, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Headed for the airport later today, with 1,999,987 lifetime miles on United Airlines. I should pass 2 million about 4 minutes into my flight. I wonder if they will let me take the wheel for a bit, what could happen? This event will likely pass without fanfare or even recognition, my upgrade didn't even clear. Oh well, at least I know I did it.

United and I have been through a lot. Mostly good, really. I am lucky. I did my first million mostly domestic, when flying used to be fun. My second million was spent mostly over the Pacific, on long-haul, bypassing the delays and headaches that domestic flying brings today.

I wonder if I am the first 2 million mile flyer that took his first airplane ride when he was 22 years old? That first flight was on United Airlines.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 12:41 pm

Programs: United 1K; 1.66MM
I am sitting on 999,505. Should I make a short hop to make 1MM? or just wait whenever it may come? Is 1MM worthy of it?
Old Oct 3, 2013, 12:53 pm
Formerly known as UATexasFlyer

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Natl. Car Exec Elite, UA 1MM, *G
After my schedule trips through Dec 6th, I should be at 997,000.

I have to go to BDL one more time this year, but I can't find a way without sitting for hours in an RJ. It might have to wait till next year.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
Originally Posted by Row3Acer
I am sitting on 999,505. Should I make a short hop to make 1MM? or just wait whenever it may come? Is 1MM worthy of it?
you are already 1k, so my first answer would be no, however a 1MM can give status match, is your significant other also 1K? Would it matter to them?
Old Oct 4, 2013, 4:49 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Just passed 2 million on a flight. I went to the captain and asked him where we would be when I cross 2 million. He said he would let me know. When he made the first in-flight announcement, I was surprised that he announced to the plane that "Mr XXX XXX has crossed 2 million miles on United on this flight, what an achievement!" Nice.

About 6 cabin crew came up to my seat at various times during the flight and congratulated me and joked around about me flying more than them (unlikely!) Even two passengers who overheard that I was the "2 million mile guy" stopped to say congrats. The captain sent back the printed flight plan with some notes, and also the GPS coordinates and a nice note. When we landed, the purser thanked me again for all the business and remarked that he would see me soon!

No upgrade, no wine, no suitcase, but this flight crew went out of their way to recognize me. I was very impressed.

Last edited by BangkokTraveler; Oct 4, 2013 at 5:15 pm
Old Oct 13, 2013, 1:56 am

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
made my 2MM status on the transpacific flight to Asia on 10 October 2013 and flight credit was posted on 12 October at around 1pm EST(officially a 2MM Flyer). Nobody knew that I made my 2MM status on the flight as I didn't tell anybody. I was thinking about if UA wanted to know and celebrate someone who makes 2MM on the flight, they could have done something on their system to find out but I know UA just don't care although it won't cost them much to do so, so I decided not to tell anybody. I do hate oneway love lol.... No a big deal. I was sitting quietly at EP seat like a kettle (didn't get upgraded, was a bit pissed ). Well...life goes on

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.