Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2013, 6:23 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, SQ PPS, CX Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Silver
I'm not volunteering, but it would be awesome if someone tallied the number of people that cross the various milestones each year and made a wiki.

Would be interesting to see over time.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 6:24 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
3MM. Gift selection.

Not sure if reported. Received e-mail from UA after hitting 3MM. Was not expecting anything special but link to gift selection included iPod and Tumi suitcase with adaptor set. Tumi carry on has Three MM logo on bag. Pleasantly surprised. Thank you UA!
Old Aug 9, 2013, 8:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
Not sure if reported. Received e-mail from UA after hitting 3MM. Was not expecting anything special but link to gift selection included iPod and Tumi suitcase with adaptor set. Tumi carry on has Three MM logo on bag. Pleasantly surprised. Thank you UA!
Cool!

I'm closing on 2MM, and am wondering what I will be receiving?
Old Aug 9, 2013, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So, my situation is probably the same as some posting here. Before the merger I was at 935K. The one time adjustment put me over 1MM. I have been tracking my actual butt in seat and can proudly say I will cross the actual 1MM next Wednesday on my flight from DEN to SFO. Yes, I know there are some 500 mile minimums in there but can't help that.

So I am curious about any who posted here that they passed 1MM (or 2 or 3 or 4 or more) did it with actual or from CO or from the 1 time adjustment?
Old Aug 9, 2013, 10:36 pm

Programs: *A Junkie, SQ PPS, Skywards Gold, 2 Million Mile Flyer;*wood LT Plat, BA MM
Originally Posted by Baze
So, my situation is probably the same as some posting here. Before the merger I was at 935K. The one time adjustment put me over 1MM. I have been tracking my actual butt in seat and can proudly say I will cross the actual 1MM next Wednesday on my flight from DEN to SFO. Yes, I know there are some 500 mile minimums in there but can't help that.

So I am curious about any who posted here that they passed 1MM (or 2 or 3 or 4 or more) did it with actual or from CO or from the 1 time adjustment?
Monsieur Baze, let me be the first to congratulate you for finally becoming a true MM - and all the others here who have travelled an actual 1 million miles on United. For those who are thinking, "what's up with this nut?", there was a time when being a One/Two/Three Million Mile Flyer (and those exact words) on United meant something. So a little nostalgic one can say for what once was, but no longer is.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Thanks very much for sharing this information.
I am looking forward to cross 3 MM next year and the gift.

Which one did you choose?

Any plan to make 4 MM?
Old Aug 10, 2013, 11:12 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Thank you. Selected Tumi. Will try to provide pic when it comes.

On the way to 4MM. A goal for me.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA2MM AND 1K, HYATT GLOBALIST, AVIS PRES CLUB.
2MM

Count me in.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 6:30 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
I earned 1MM status on July 25 via UA 1532 EWR-SFO. The millionth mile came about 35,000 feet above somewhere near Modesto, California.

Those of you who've watched my profile at the left know that I've been counting down the last bit toward 1MM for quite some time. ...And it has been quite some time because after 6 years of averaging 140k BIS annually, most of it on UA, my travel dropped dramatically about 12 months ago. And just as my travel on UA has decreased dramatically so has my participation in this forum. So probably none of you have noticed me for quite a while.

It would be fun to attribute my drop from 100k+ miles annually to ~20k annually on UA to their changes in service and benefits. While that's certainly part of it, the primary reason is that my travel pattern has changed. I'm not doing many transcons anymore, and I haven't flown internationally in 18 months. Instead most of my travel is up and down the West Coast. So I'm an elite with Southwest now. Yeah, I know that to you globe-trotting 1MMs, 2MMs, 3MMs, and 4MMs, being an A-Lister at WN is like being Customer Of The Month at Walmart. Sure, it comes with privileges, but they only apply when you shop at Walmart.

Back to the UA story. For quite a while I've anticipated what crossing the 1MM threshold would be like. Confetti in the aisles? A bottle of champagne? A cupcake with a number 1 on it?

Alas, the EWR-SFO flight I earned my millionth mile was unspecial. Not only was it an overly long flight in an uncomfortable 737 seat without my upgrade clearing, but there was no recognition. Yes, I held out some tiny hope that the flight crew would spot me on their passenger manifest, calculate that I'd cross 1,000,000 on their flight, and do something for me-- like the waiters and waitresses do at a restaurant when you tell them it's your birthday. But no such luck. In fact, not only was there no champagne (perhaps that's a 2MM thing now in the age of COdbaUA) but the flight attendants on were surlier than usual. There wasn't even a warm cookie smuggled from F back to Y. Maybe I should have told them it was my birthday.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 7:11 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by darthbimmer
I earned 1MM status on July 25 via UA 1532 EWR-SFO.

..... but there was no recognition. Yes, I held out some tiny hope that the flight crew would spot me on their passenger manifest, calculate that I'd cross 1,000,000 on their flight, and do something for me-- .....
Congrats on the 1MM, Welcome to the club.

The crews are not provided any info on passengers lifetime or even YTD numbers -- the manifest does not even provide status info for those in economy. So there is no way for the crews to know anything.

You should get a short e-mail in a week or two. New cards in a month. And you can now (once the flight posts) annually match a companion to your status. And that's it.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 7:26 pm

Programs: *A Junkie, SQ PPS, Skywards Gold, 2 Million Mile Flyer;*wood LT Plat, BA MM
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Congrats on the 1MM, Welcome to the club.

The crews are not provided any info on passengers lifetime or even YTD numbers -- the manifest does not even provide status info for those in economy. So there is no way for the crews to know anything.

You should get a short e-mail in a week or two. New cards in a month. And you can now (once the flight posts) annually match a companion to your status. And that's it.
Yes, Darth, if I had been on your flight and I knew, I'd would have congratulated you...actually, why do you need f/as when you've got us? Being an A-Lister is a big deal...especially getting it from short hops. Besides the way UA is selling Premier Access, if WN is Wal-Mart, over here it's a Swap O'Rama where cash is king and loyalty means NA-DA, not even a million miles of bizness.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UrbaneGent
Monsieur Baze, let me be the first to congratulate you for finally becoming a true MM - and all the others here who have travelled an actual 1 million miles on United. For those who are thinking, "what's up with this nut?", there was a time when being a One/Two/Three Million Mile Flyer (and those exact words) on United meant something. So a little nostalgic one can say for what once was, but no longer is.
Thank you. Never really felt like a MM when the adjustment put me over. Wednesday will make me feel like I have actually accomplished something when I hit that true MM mark.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
the manifest does not even provide status info for those in economy.
Agree with your point, but FYi, the manifest lists 1Ks and GSes in Y.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 6:55 am

3 MM kit. Blue velvet.

Kit arrived into office while I was out via USPS. I could tell it might be interesting because of heft. Kit included-

Letter from Thomas F. O'Toole, President, Mileage Plus SVP, Marketing and Loyalty, United Airlines

Congrats folder containing following with benefits description.
One new 3MM/1k card.
Two 3MM luggage tags.
Ten beverage coupons for drinks with 01/31/2015 expiration.
Premier 1k 1Call guide.

In the blue velvet box a stylish acrylic sealed personalized card piece with name and 3 MILLION MILER 2013 in circle with globe UA logo in backround. Pretty nice piece.

A few days ago received e-mail from UA offering gift selection as noted earlier. Selected Tumi luggage and adaptor.

I received more than expected from UA. The recognition of my loyalty is appreciated. Now if they can get my luggage to me it would be a good day!

Last edited by RTWSTARALLIANCE; Aug 12, 2013 at 7:00 am
Old Aug 13, 2013, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Kit arrived into office while I was out via USPS. I could tell it might be interesting because of heft. Kit included-

Letter from Thomas F. O'Toole, President, Mileage Plus SVP, Marketing and Loyalty, United Airlines

Congrats folder containing following with benefits description.
One new 3MM/1k card.
Two 3MM luggage tags.
Ten beverage coupons for drinks with 01/31/2015 expiration.
Premier 1k 1Call guide.

In the blue velvet box a stylish acrylic sealed personalized card piece with name and 3 MILLION MILER 2013 in circle with globe UA logo in backround. Pretty nice piece.

A few days ago received e-mail from UA offering gift selection as noted earlier. Selected Tumi luggage and adaptor.

I received more than expected from UA. The recognition of my loyalty is appreciated. Now if they can get my luggage to me it would be a good day!
Congratulations! It will be great if you could post the photo of the Tumi luggage after you receive it. I have the Tumi 2 MM leather passport pouch and would like to consider the Tumi 3 MM luggage as a gift next year if it is as good ad advertised.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.