Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2013, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by Pat89339
Does anyone have any recent experience on what, if anything a 2MM received? I will hit that lofty figure next month. Just curious.
I picked the Tumi leather passport holder with zipper which also came with Tumi adaptor over two years ago.

iTouch was one of the 2 MM gift option based on my memory.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by UA-NYC

Had a nice chat w/the pilot at the start of the flight, mentioned I was crossing ~3,300 miles into the flight, asked for any point of reference. Learned it was over the North Pole; woke up at the end of the flight with this flight map as a nice gift for me too:

You have to bring it up - they're not going to know on their own.
And so I listened to your advice.

On HNL-EWR a few days ago I talked with the FAs in C and they thought it was cool but didn't seem to offer alerting me to the time. Moments later the reserve Captain (FO?) was filling coffee and the conversation was begun anew. I was then invited into the cockpit, the FO took some pics for me and the Pacific Chart was looked at.

Sometime in the wee hours of the morn, shortly after I woke up from a nap, the reserve was making his way to the cockpit and dropped off the chart, shook my hand and showed me the point at which I crossed including the coordinates.

Considering only 30K miles were on CO the crew was fantastic.

Still need to get a decent pic of the chart and then I'll post it.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Very cool! Congrats.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 8:09 am

Programs: UA 1/MM SPG gold, CEO: Grandmother of 4
Will be 1MM on my very "big" birthday in March........all on personal flying! Do not know how to handle the companion part since I am a single (mature) person. Any suggestions?
Old Sep 12, 2013, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by steppie
Will be 1MM on my very "big" birthday in March........all on personal flying! Do not know how to handle the companion part since I am a single (mature) person. Any suggestions?
Parents/kids/relatives/"in-home companion" of any kind? It's no longer just a spouse/partner now.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 9:12 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond, Costco
1MM Miler

I hit my 1MM earlier this year inflight from SFO to ICN. No ceremonies...just gave a shot out to myself, as I looked at the flight map and knew where I was to reach 1MM.

The biggest kick was that I nominated my 8 year old daughter to 1K status.

She loves it. She led us, parents, into the 1K line and lounge, when we recently travelled internationally. She wanted to know, what the drinks chits were for that she received with the 1K membership kit.

She is on her way, as well, since she has racked up 150k miles already.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Parents/kids/relatives/"in-home companion" of any kind? It's no longer just a spouse/partner now.
Adopting a FlyerTalker?
Old Sep 19, 2013, 7:34 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by dsquared37
---
Had a nice chat w/the pilot at the start of the flight, mentioned I was crossing ~3,300 miles into the flight, asked for any point of reference. Learned it was over the North Pole; woke up at the end of the flight with this flight map as a nice gift for me too:

---
On HNL-EWR a few days ago I talked with the FAs in C and they thought it was cool but didn't seem to offer alerting me to the time. Moments later the reserve Captain (FO?) was filling coffee and the conversation was begun anew. I was then invited into the cockpit, the FO took some pics for me and the Pacific Chart was looked at.

Sometime in the wee hours of the morn, shortly after I woke up from a nap, the reserve was making his way to the cockpit and dropped off the chart, shook my hand and showed me the point at which I crossed including the coordinates.
I am going to pass 2 MM in about two weeks ... I'm going to try and alert the crew, maybe I can get a chart too. My computation will be easy, though, it will be 11 miles into the flight!
Old Sep 19, 2013, 11:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
I crossed MM between EWR and BUF. Got a shrug.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 5:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Passed 1 MM somewhere between BOM and EWR last Mon/Tues AM. I told the FA and she very nice and congratulated me. Back before the merger when they used to tell the FAs if someone was reaching a milestone, I mistakenly got a congratulations for making 1 MM (it was actually 1K) from a FA, so I feel I got my shout out then.

bt

Originally Posted by muc2asia
The biggest kick was that I nominated my 8 year old daughter to 1K status.
Yep, my 8-yo too, just waiting for it to kick in. She'll love it.

bt

Last edited by iluv2fly; Sep 25, 2013 at 6:25 pm Reason: merge
Old Sep 25, 2013, 7:44 pm

Programs: -=- UA: GS + 3.9 Million Miler; Hilton: Diamond; Marriott: Gold; Hertz: President's Circle
Hit 2MM today (SFO-ORD in seat 1F) in 18 years of working. Nothing indicated from flight crew but, then again, I was sound asleep for the entire flight.

At least 20 more years of working before retirement. 3MM will be easy but my body and family are hoping not 4MM before retirement.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 11:00 pm

Programs: *A Junkie, SQ PPS, Skywards Gold, 2 Million Mile Flyer;*wood LT Plat, BA MM
Before the merger, the average Million Mile Flyer would take ten years to achieve this status. It's safe to assume they were also 1K for most of that time as well. I have read some on here saying MM status took them 15 or 18 years (it took me seven).

To all of you who have crossed the mighty threshold since the merger and have flown 1,000,000 actual miles, my hat comes off to you. That is a lot of traveling, a lot of hotels, room service, taxi cabs, car services, interpreters, currencies, languages, cultures, a few in-room adult movies and, hopefully, thousands of people you have touched along the way. I can mention all the hassles that go with it as well, the delays, waiting at airports, eating like crap, cancellations, rushing to the airport only to miss your flight, flying half-way around the world and not getting the contract - on and on.

The "new" and "friendly" United has minimized this incredible achievement. But remember, it is not the mile that takes you from 999,999 to 1,000,000 actual miles (one million!), it's the journey that took you from one mile to one million - that will take you from one million to two million, and on and on.

I was up in the mountains in Northern Greece working on a project for the EU, and the older ladies were asking me what it was like to fly on an airplane. They never stepped foot on an airplane and never seen an airplane with their own eyes. There are millions like them on all continents.

Congratulations to the new members of the Million Miler Club - really a great achievement! United may have taken away a single moment of recognition when the transition happens, but you carry a lifetime of experiences from incredible journies taken to faraway lands only few have been able to do.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 12:56 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by UrbaneGent
Congratulations to the new members of the Million Miler Club - really a great achievement! United may have taken away a single moment of recognition when the transition happens, but you carry a lifetime of experiences from incredible journies taken to faraway lands only few have been able to do.
As usual, well said UG!
Old Sep 26, 2013, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Pat89339
As usual, well said UG!
+1
Old Sep 26, 2013, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Million Miler, Marriott platinum, lifetime platinum
I just crossed 900,000 Tuesday. 95% leisure all on my own. Should end the year about 915,000.

So afraid I'm this close, and they'll change the program. I will make Gold for next year in about 3 weeks. I've been Silver for most of the past year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.