Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2013, 8:27 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by UrbaneGent
Before the merger, the average Million Mile Flyer would take ten years to achieve this status. It's safe to assume they were also 1K for most of that time as well. I have read some on here saying MM status took them 15 or 18 years (it took me seven).

To all of you who have crossed the mighty threshold since the merger and have flown 1,000,000 actual miles, my hat comes off to you. That is a lot of traveling, a lot of hotels, room service, taxi cabs, car services, interpreters, currencies, languages, cultures, a few in-room adult movies and, hopefully, thousands of people you have touched along the way. I can mention all the hassles that go with it as well, the delays, waiting at airports, eating like crap, cancellations, rushing to the airport only to miss your flight, flying half-way around the world and not getting the contract - on and on.

The "new" and "friendly" United has minimized this incredible achievement. But remember, it is not the mile that takes you from 999,999 to 1,000,000 actual miles (one million!), it's the journey that took you from one mile to one million - that will take you from one million to two million, and on and on.

I was up in the mountains in Northern Greece working on a project for the EU, and the older ladies were asking me what it was like to fly on an airplane. They never stepped foot on an airplane and never seen an airplane with their own eyes. There are millions like them on all continents.

Congratulations to the new members of the Million Miler Club - really a great achievement! United may have taken away a single moment of recognition when the transition happens, but you carry a lifetime of experiences from incredible journies taken to faraway lands only few have been able to do.
What a fantastic post - thank you. Great to remeber those would don't, and will probably never, fly. We at FlyerTalk live in a very strange world, MM's even more so - thank you for reminding us of the reaspon we travel and the world outside of this circle!

Last edited by Maexpat; Oct 13, 2013 at 8:43 am
Old Oct 13, 2013, 8:50 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold (UA comp)
Originally Posted by GordonGordon
made my 2MM status on the transpacific flight to Asia on 10 October 2013 and flight credit was posted on 12 October at around 1pm EST(officially a 2MM Flyer). Nobody knew that I made my 2MM status on the flight as I didn't tell anybody. I was thinking about if UA wanted to know and celebrate someone who makes 2MM on the flight, they could have done something on their system to find out but I know UA just don't care although it won't cost them much to do so, so I decided not to tell anybody. I do hate oneway love lol.... No a big deal. I was sitting quietly at EP seat like a kettle (didn't get upgraded, was a bit pissed ). Well...life goes on
How many UA pax hit 2MM every month? If a handful I would think the PR of making it special on board would be worth it. It would for Cap'n Denny
If its too many to deal with then I understand why they didn't seek you out.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 9:37 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by weezl
How many UA pax hit 2MM every month? If a handful I would think the PR of making it special on board would be worth it. It would for Cap'n Denny
If its too many to deal with then I understand why they didn't seek you out.
I will hit it on 10/28. Won't be on a Capt. Denny flight though I wish I was able to arrange it.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Originally Posted by Pat89339
I will hit it on 10/28. Won't be on a Capt. Denny flight though I wish I was able to arrange it.
You? Pat? I just assumed (nasty word, huh?) that you were MM a long time ago. So, you really were a peon when I sat next to you 3 or 4 years ago, even if you were in F!
Old Oct 14, 2013, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by kevinsac
You? Pat? I just assumed (nasty word, huh?) that you were MM a long time ago. So, you really were a peon when I sat next to you 3 or 4 years ago, even if you were in F!
I cross 2MM at the end of this month.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 2:02 pm

Reward for getting my first MM ....

I passed my MM late last year ... and was rewarded with a stroke while in Berlin. I cannot imagine going for the second or third MM :-(
Old Oct 18, 2013, 9:28 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum 1MM, HH Diamond
I have booked my MM trip for one month from yesterday - an 8-hour Saturday/Sunday trip to HNL to stock up on Hawaiian shirts. It seems appropriate to return to the city that started me down this path 11 years ago.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA 1MM
Passed 1MM on the lifetime calculator today, somewhere over NW Indiana, in a fifty seat ERJ-145.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 2:26 pm

Programs: UAL Global Services; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
I am 1,474,427 as of today. should break the 1.5 sometime in the 1st quarter of 2014. More than likely will retire from my company in a couple of years well past the 2.0 mark; not sure about 3 million. Seems a long way off.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 3:26 pm

Programs: United MM Alaska MP Cessna/Piper Captain
I'll pass 1MM on the way home from Rome on 11/7. 100,000 miles for the year the following week going to ORD. Can I retire yet?
Old Oct 21, 2013, 3:28 pm

Programs: United GS 3 MM LT, Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium, HH LT Diamond
What do you currently get from UA for hitting 2MM?

Originally Posted by Pat89339
I saw a string about the 3 MM gift list but does United given you anything for hitting 2 MM these days?
Old Oct 21, 2013, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by JB123
I saw a string about the 3 MM gift list but does United given you anything for hitting 2 MM these days?
I'll let you know if they do.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by JB123
Yes they do ---

http://dkn7mbcrqahfd.cloudfront.net/...diser/3953.jpg
Old Oct 22, 2013, 5:07 am

Programs: United GS 3 MM LT, Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium, HH LT Diamond
So there is no gift for 2 mm ?

Originally Posted by LilAbner
Old Oct 22, 2013, 8:41 am

Programs: UA 1PP MM
The New United

Was 994 miles short leaving IAH for BOS. Per this thread thought I'd ask the Captain where mile 994 was.

Asked the FA to give my mileage statement/bording pass to the Captain/1st Officer and told her why.

"We can't do that". Explained again "That's not allowed"

Second FA took it with out saying a word to me. She came back to my seat 20 minutes later. The page said 1:50 minutes into flight, out side of Somewhere, VA.

No thank you. No congrats. No signature by whoever wrote it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.