Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2014, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA Plat and MM
Originally Posted by UATexasFlyer
Crossed over 1 MM on Monday night, LAX-SYD.

No fan fare, no announcement, no nothing. The folks at the UC in Austin and LAX thanked me when I told them though.

Sat next to a 3 MM guy on the way to SYD. He showed me an engraved Ipod Touch he received from UA for hitting 2 MM. Now that is a cool chochtkey for hitting a milestone.

Crossed 1MM PHL-DEN last month - nothing, no RPU, no mention,...

pmCO FA made sure to educate me that absolutely nothing may be plugged into the power outlet (even though circuit was interrupted anyway), not even a USB charger without a device attached. All that after I did not instantly react to her command to unplug my device, but took a second to store the now disconnected phone in my pocket before pulling the actual plug itself. Was too tired to give her a piece of my mind.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
Congratulation on making 2 MM!^

My next United flight will take me over 3 MM, and I am eagerly waiting for the same treatment you just described.

Hell can freeze over is still a better possibility.
Just came off the flight that took me pass 3 million lifetime BIS.

No fan fare like DCAMIA experienced, although the services in Global First on my PEK-SFO flight was outstanding!^

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Feb 25, 2014 at 4:22 am
Old Feb 25, 2014, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
Just came off the flight that took me pass 3 million lifetime BIS.

No fan fare like DCAMIA experienced, although the services in Global First on my PEK-SFO flight was outstanding!^
Spoke too soon.....

After i sat in my seat on my connecting flight from SFO to JFK, a GS agent came onboard and congratulated me of reaching 3 million miles and presented me with a card from United recognizing the accomplishment and thank me for the business.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 9:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; AA Plat; Hertz Pres Circle, Hilton Diamond
For several months, I've been counting miles knowing I was teetering very close to the Million Mile mark. .I had pondered a late year mileage run to get to 1K and hit the mark, but the spouse (citing the 4 month old at home) vetoed said plans. .

My fear was passing the mark on a puddle jumper RJ on a 500 minimum flight, but even with a last minute change the flight ended up being on an A320 (IAD-DEN yesterday). .Very appropriate for me as a legacy United guy and earning a tremendous amount of miles on 320s around the country. .I always enjoyed the A320. .(Back in the good old days when they had a closet and you never had to suffer the slim line seats.)

As I wasn't in an absolute rush and in a crunch for time, I decided to make the most of the trip. .And here goes.

Getting to IAD early and hanging out at the UC is not, in any way, luxurious or enjoyable. .While early afternoon won't have the massive influx of International passengers, it still would be unremarkable at best. .So I hitched it over to the Lufthansa Senator Lounge. .A trek, yes, but with 50 minutes to kill, it was a pleasant diversion.

While missing the mini packages of carrots and bar snacks the UC would have offered, I enjoyed a great draught German Dunkel beer, chicken tangerine, spanakopita, a small pretzel brot sandwich, almonds, and chocolate pieces. .Pleasant service in the lounge with refills on drinks and prompt removal of empty dishes even with the lounge being reasonably full. .Added benefit, no one was screaming on the cell phone. .This is what I always envisioned an airport club being. .

And off to the gate. .I wanted to be there at time of boarding to ensure that I had space in the front cabin for my luggage... oh the dregs of having a massive Group 1 and no magical left turn (757 and larger). .I had also hoped to have time to print a boarding pass to have as a .little souvenir, but I instead asked while boarding. ."No problem, and congratulations! .That's exciting!!!" .As I sat down I realized it was the boarding pass for my next flight. .DOH!

All seated, and ever so quickly a pre-departure G&T and jacket taken. .This may come as something others would complain about, but as I cautiously sip my drink, I realize and look into the galley to confirm that this wise FA has not dumped the full Bombay shot into the glass. .Just a good 2/3 pour... after all this is a G&T, not a martini. .That is one of the those tiny things that I'm always weary of when ordering a G&T as a PD drink... tis almost all Gin. .(GASP)

Back from the gate on time, but an early party foul: .no channel 9.

Quick drinks and warm nuts. .Drinks served CO style with glass, shot, and can. .As you can imagine from my note above, while not a polished service technique, the benefits of the perfect proportions prevail.

Dinner choices: .Chicken cacciatore or spinach cannelloni. .Pasta has been decent recently, so I rolled the dice. . Excellent choice... the chicken was a beautiful orange tinted lump on top of green beans and exceptionally dry gnocchi. .Pasta was actually very good, al dente and great flavor. .And on this short-ish flight to Denver, salads served first and the entree brought afterwards. .Sad that she felt she had to apologize for not serving them together, but apparently our GS bretheren are the service marshalls of the sky and report any departure from standard service protocols.

After dinner, I was a man on a mission to get my boarding pass (err-onward boarding pass) signed by the crew. .Great conversation with the Purser who has been flying since I've been earning miles. .It was a treat. .They all signed the boarding pass after regaling me with their stories of the many millions they've flown. .As a sign of the time we all recognize, it was refresshing to hear them depressed that these days they feel like they have to apologize for both the hard & soft product. .Her two examples were the instant coffee she provided while chatting and the experience serving sundaes on a A320 with the half galley & no cart. .Alas the good old days.

Back to my mission, after discussing the situation with the crew, my boarding pass was passed around for signature and then shuttled under the Secure flight deck door. .Upon the return & call to confirm it was received, the captain asked to chat with me if I was still standing there. .I dare say I felt like a little kid (and I was proud that I didn't ask for a pair of wings). .I don't believe Ive ever had the occasion to talk on one of the crew phones before... .Thanks were passed both ways and musings on Channel 9 and goings on at 37K feet... and one very delighted million miler on the FA phone. .

One last Amaretto before landing. .I personally believe that I'm responsible for the return of Amaretto on domestic flights. .Back in the days of the survey and disappearance of Amaretto from Domestic fligts, I filled every one of those suckers out (for me and anyone else I could) and demanded the return of Amaretto. .Rocks or neat, it's a beautiful way to start a descent. .(For purposes of this report, please agree that I was the successful catalyst for the reintroduction.)

As I look back on the past 10 years it took me to get to 1MM, and both the GS days and the Silver days, it's been a great ride. .Sure I enjoy the caviar and fine wines on the likes of Lufthansa and other Star partners, but United has been consistent in getting me where I need to be (often with great innovation and effort). .From important meetings, to funerals, to being back early with the family... I have only been stuck once (I'm pretty aggressive and assertive in identifying challenges early and working the phones and UC agents - advice I learned here). .Do I yearn for the wifi, water, and power of Delta or American's PJs in First (of .course), but after a million miles I feel like we're family. .And you start to appreciate the idiosyncrasies of your in-laws (no doubt with the fleeting hope a new management team will address them)..

Did I expect a bottle of champagne on the plane or for the crew to even know of my momentous occasion... NO. .But, with some effort on my part, it was memorable way to cross the MM threshold. .Oh to never be less than Gold again (until the next degradation of benies)!!!

And for the dedicated spouse (who always says sitting up front is not necessary, but is always disappointed when we're not)... you too will be no less than Gold again, and Platinum this year on my coat tails. .The miss you's and countless nights apart will never be recaptured, but at least it's fewer days in coach or non-E+ for us... and still a few trips in First on Lufthansa and the like in the future. .(albeit for many, many more miles)

And one last shout out... to the FT community who made the last million a lot more fun, comfortable, and enjoyable. .Thanks a million.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 2:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, MR Gold (lifetime)
At last! 1MM

Just made the 1 MM status while halfway between HNL & SFO on March 2. Now at 1,001,189. Given my
flight patterns I am unlikely to ever make 2 MM mark.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA GS 5 MM, Delta 1.6MM & Hilton Diamond, Avis Chairman, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Thumbs down 3 Million Miles

Finally crossed the 3 Million Mile mark with no fan fair or any other acknowledgement, even almost lost my paid F seat to a FAM until I had the gate agent downgrade an upgrader. Not that I expected much from UA but I wasn't expecting to have to fight to keep my paid F seat. At least my 3MM flight was indicative of a large percentage of UA flights where something is screwed up, otherwise it wouldn't be United.

The only positive I can get from all this is that I'm now 3/4 of the way to life GS and being an airline free agent.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by zambonisk
Finally crossed the 3 Million Mile mark with no fan fair or any other acknowledgement, even almost lost my paid F seat to a FAM until I had the gate agent downgrade an upgrader. Not that I expected much from UA but I wasn't expecting to have to fight to keep my paid F seat. At least my 3MM flight was indicative of a large percentage of UA flights where something is screwed up, otherwise it wouldn't be United.

The only positive I can get from all this is that I'm now 3/4 of the way to life GS and being an airline free agent.
Congrats! Although IMO being a 1K for life already makes you an "airline free agent"...just use your GPUs/RPUs on UA when you can find R at booking, otherwise fly OALs
Old Mar 11, 2014, 12:20 am

Programs: UA GS 5 MM, Delta 1.6MM & Hilton Diamond, Avis Chairman, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Congrats! Although IMO being a 1K for life already makes you an "airline free agent"...just use your GPUs/RPUs on UA when you can find R at booking, otherwise fly OALs
Thanks but after being GS for so long I couldn't go back to 1K, especially after reading and hearing about how 1K is the new "1P". As long as I'm currently GS, I'll sprint towards 4MM, which should be about another 3 years away at current travel levels. Also Delta isn't looking as good as they did before, but I'm sure UA will move over to a spend based model as well.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 11:53 am

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
Made 1MM this week on flight from PHX to EWR.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 6:16 pm
Suspended

1MM last week, FRA-IAD.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Crossed 1MM on ORD-SEA today. Got a bottle of wine after chatting with the flight attendants. They were surprised how much younger MMers were becoming.

Doubt I'll go for 2MM. MM on AS seems more likely
Old Mar 25, 2014, 11:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Finally crossed the 1MM mark on 3/25 IAH-COS. Figure not bad for being under 30.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 6:56 pm

Million Miler Companion

Hello,

I have some questions.

How soon after crossing Million miles can you nominate someone as your companion?

How long does it take for them to get the same status as you?

thanks!
Old Mar 28, 2014, 6:57 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by seungboy
Hello,

I have some questions.

How soon after crossing Million miles can you nominate someone as your companion?

How long does it take for them to get the same status as you?

thanks!
I could nominate the day it posted
Old Mar 28, 2014, 7:57 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum 1MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
I could nominate the day it posted
Same here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.