Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2014, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Agreed. 1100+ segment for MM is really tough!

I only needed 250 segments with average 4000+ miles per flight.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 8:40 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
When I passed a MM, my wife let the crew know, and I was given all the flight charts and 4 bottles of wine. The 777 pilot came out and personally shook my hand and thanked me for my loyalty. I did it 30 miles outside of HNL.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by kb1992
Next Saturday UA835 ORD-PVG will be my MM flight. 744 Upper deck.

It was by design since my first United flight was also 835. I did extra MR last week so I can make MM on this flight. I'm happy that they didn't change the flight number.

I'll ask the flight deck to sign United North Pacific Plotting Chart showing the approximate coordinates and Zulu time, about 5000 miles into the flight.

Gifts for the crew members are prepared along with "THANK YOU" cards.
I wish I could do something similar but my first UA flight was a UAx EWR-BWI flight (CO). Not that exciting...
Old Jul 10, 2014, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by LASUA1K
When I passed a MM, my wife let the crew know, and I was given all the flight charts and 4 bottles of wine. The 777 pilot came out and personally shook my hand and thanked me for my loyalty. I did it 30 miles outside of HNL.
Nice!!!
Old Jul 12, 2014, 7:16 pm

Programs: UA GS 3MM
Crossed 3MM

On July 6, I crossed 3M miles on the first segment of a five day trip: ORD-LGA, NYP-WAS (Acela), IAD-BOS, BOS-ORD. I thought about mentioning it to the crew, but decided not to. I tried to upgrade with a RPU but it didn't clear. No recognition, but without mentioning the milestone, I didn't expect any. My online and mobile account changed to 3MM as soon as the first segment posted, which was quite nice, but I haven't received an email yet, which is fine.

I finished school in 1984, and have averaged about 100,000 miles each year for past 30 years, with no mileage runs. I flew less miles each year in the 1980's and early 1990's and more more miles since then. Almost all of the travel has been domestic, with 1-3 international flights a year.

For various reasons, I probably won't reach 4M miles, and so during the last few weeks, I found myself thinking quite a bit about the last 30 years and 3M miles. All in all, I'm glad that I stuck, by and large, with one airline (sometime after a bad experience or lost of status, I split my travel with another airline for six months or so).

I have traveled to lots of cities, United has gotten me there reliably, and I have grown better over the years at dealing with IRROPS with greater equanimity. I have tried to accept gracefully all the changes over the years, but I really miss the 1K Rooms, and sometimes the special meals (I have a food allergy and cannot eat anything except the salads on domestic flights).

I struggled a bit with the merger, but eventually got a Chase Mileage Plus Explorer Card and began to feel part of the post merger UA. I wouldn't be surprised if my lifetime 1K status is devalued over time, but I know that with my Explorer Card, my miles won't expire, I'll always be in Group 2, and I'll get one free checked bag. I find comfort in this. :-)

All in all, it has been interesting adventure, and I think from time to time about how lucky I am to have circled the earth over 120 times, and all the interesting people I have met and the places I have visited.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Finally...1MM. Flight had to return to gate for more fuel and delayed for 2 hours as the result. I guess at least it was memorable.

A lot of hits and misses that got me here - did not apply for an account in my teenage years, crediting to AC and HP instead of MP but also flew BR a lot and credited to CO.

2MM is not possible - I really don't want to work for another 10 years and travel like this. It is not worth it.

Better update my match.com profile. Maybe someone will finally want to marry me

This goal is done, Marriott Lifetime Platinum is done. Why am I still working? I guess I should focus on more important things like paying off the mortgage and retirement planning instead of frequent flyer statuses (which is somewhat part of retirement planning)
Old Jul 15, 2014, 3:26 am

Programs: UA 1K-2MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Gold, Sixt Platinum
Doesn't lifetime 1K give you group 1 boarding? Congrats on the milestone. Pretty significant achievement even if the airline doesn't recognize it.
Originally Posted by rlg128
On July 6, I crossed 3M miles on the first segment of a five day trip: ORD-LGA, NYP-WAS (Acela), IAD-BOS, BOS-ORD. I thought about mentioning it to the crew, but decided not to. I tried to upgrade with a RPU but it didn't clear. No recognition, but without mentioning the milestone, I didn't expect any. My online and mobile account changed to 3MM as soon as the first segment posted, which was quite nice, but I haven't received an email yet, which is fine.

I finished school in 1984, and have averaged about 100,000 miles each year for past 30 years, with no mileage runs. I flew less miles each year in the 1980's and early 1990's and more more miles since then. Almost all of the travel has been domestic, with 1-3 international flights a year.

For various reasons, I probably won't reach 4M miles, and so during the last few weeks, I found myself thinking quite a bit about the last 30 years and 3M miles. All in all, I'm glad that I stuck, by and large, with one airline (sometime after a bad experience or lost of status, I split my travel with another airline for six months or so).

I have traveled to lots of cities, United has gotten me there reliably, and I have grown better over the years at dealing with IRROPS with greater equanimity. I have tried to accept gracefully all the changes over the years, but I really miss the 1K Rooms, and sometimes the special meals (I have a food allergy and cannot eat anything except the salads on domestic flights).

I struggled a bit with the merger, but eventually got a Chase Mileage Plus Explorer Card and began to feel part of the post merger UA. I wouldn't be surprised if my lifetime 1K status is devalued over time, but I know that with my Explorer Card, my miles won't expire, I'll always be in Group 2, and I'll get one free checked bag. I find comfort in this. :-)

All in all, it has been interesting adventure, and I think from time to time about how lucky I am to have circled the earth over 120 times, and all the interesting people I have met and the places I have visited.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by LASUA1K
Congratulations. When I passed a MM, a crew member verbally abused me because - well, it's been over a year, and I still have no idea why. In any event, as my relationship with UA was already quite strained, I haven't been back much.

Anyway, I'm glad your experience was better than mine.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by DCAMIA
Doesn't lifetime 1K give you group 1 boarding? Congrats on the milestone. Pretty significant achievement even if the airline doesn't recognize it.
It does...until UA decides to change that :P
Old Jul 15, 2014, 9:35 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by windowseatexitrow
Congratulations. When I passed a MM, a crew member verbally abused me because - well, it's been over a year, and I still have no idea why. In any event, as my relationship with UA was already quite strained, I haven't been back much.

Anyway, I'm glad your experience was better than mine.
Sorry to hear that. I had chosen the ORD-HNL flight as it's more senior, and I knew the "senior momma's" would treat me well. My wife is also ex sUA FA, and thats what the jr FA's called them.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA MM Gold
I crossed the 1 MM line on United MAD-EWR last week. I told the pilot before the flight that I'd hit that milestone on his plane. He then announced it over the loudspeaker which led some of the crew and a few passengers to congratulate me. I asked for and got a glass of champagne when the map told me I'd reached 1,000,000. It was dark and everybody was sleeping, but I was up!
Old Jul 19, 2014, 1:25 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Just crossed it last night 155 miles out of EWR enroute to AMS. NOTHING, NADA, ZIP. I was in BF. I did give the FA my BP and asked if she could have the flight deck officers sign it as a memento, She did and later brought it back with their signatures. Even if nobody at UA cares I am impressed with MM!

BTW, the flight had the most disinterested service I have had in all my years flying BF. No smiles, warm beer, only 5 almonds among the cashew pieces, tasteless chicken and the appetizer and salad served together on a tray. Yeah, first world problems I know. Maybe it was the 767 and they do things differently as I usually fly PMCO 777.

OH well, Gold for life, *A for life and almost all my UA miles burned. UA will get less and less of my paid tkts. Sad.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA-Gold, 1MM, Marriott Gold, Global Entry
1mm achieved FRA-IAD 16JUL2014. Wonderful service in business class. I received a "Thank you for your loyalty", after listening to " We sure could use 2 million more of you" a bit unusual, yet gratefully and graciously received.

Thank you United.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 4:29 pm

Programs: United Lifetime Global Services , 4MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hertz President Circle
For the past 29 years I have flown at least 100,000 miles on United. I am closing in on 3.4 million lifetime miles, of which 99% are domestic. Most all of the miles were accrued because of business, but since December 2013, I am no longer working. At 4mm one becomes GS for life, so I set that as a goal. Flying out of SFO, I search for flights to the east coast through EWR or IAD that are priced less than $300. To date, for 2014, I have flown 77K miles with about 50K worth of future trips purchased. I have millions of Marriott Points/Certs, so I use them to stay overnight at an airport property and fly home the next day. My wife thinks this is obsessive behavior, but she can't complain too much because on our vacations we fly first class to Europe via the RDM's I earn. Thank You United.......
Old Jul 20, 2014, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by boston477
My wife thinks this is obsessive behavior
I think a lot of us have this problem. I even value miles more than real money and spend more time worrying about miles (most PQMs) than investments. People at work joke that I have reached my goal and I won't be travelling for the rest of the year but will be back January 1st

My 1MM resolution is to be not so mile/status-crazy anymore.

Last edited by username; Jul 20, 2014 at 1:59 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.