Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated CDG connection time/logistics/lounge {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated CDG connection time/logistics/lounge {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2016, 6:46 pm

Programs: 1K 2MM
Thanks--that's what I've gathered from others as well. Guess I'll choose a *A lounge and relax there....
Old Apr 22, 2016, 8:29 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
Originally Posted by tkc98110
Thanks--that's what I've gathered from others as well. Guess I'll choose a *A lounge and relax there....
The *Lounge at CDG is decent, and has showers. It also has a little outdoor terrace designed for smokers, but is often not crowded and you can get a little fresh air during your layover...
Old Apr 22, 2016, 9:31 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Why would the OP get arrival lounge access?
1K does not get arrival lounge as a Star Alliance Gold unless they fly business/first.
the OP is arriving with SAS in economy into the Schengen area.
In order to get lounge access he would need a departing flight with *A.

Am I missing something?
Old Apr 23, 2016, 12:40 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by tkc98110
Next week I'm flying Business/First from SFO to CDG, with a 3.5 hr connect time before going to ARN in SAS economy. Is there an arrivals lounge at CDG I can use for a shower and a quick nap?
Originally Posted by keisari
Why would the OP get arrival lounge access?
1K does not get arrival lounge as a Star Alliance Gold unless they fly business/first.
the OP is arriving with SAS in economy into the Schengen area.
In order to get lounge access he would need a departing flight with *A.

Am I missing something?
The bolded part? The title of his post is lounge access at CDG, not ARN.
Old May 16, 2016, 5:20 pm

CDG Lounge for Arrivals?

For folks who are united club members are there options for anyone who is flying (and arriving) at CDG for morning showers and to freshen up (or possibly a hotel partner?
Old May 16, 2016, 5:31 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
The hotel program has been discontinued, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...continued.html
Old May 18, 2016, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
The hotel program has been discontinued, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...continued.html
Are there any other options, paid or otherwise, that might be available?
Old May 18, 2016, 8:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by nittanydave
Are there any other options, paid or otherwise, that might be available?
Paid access to AF Arrivals Lounge in Terminal 2C.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 10:35 am
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Looking to take advantage of the C sale to Paris for late March 2017.

But I would purchase a separate ticket to PMI.

Flying out of SFO, most of the on sale options transit through EWR. Not the most ideal use of lie flat seats for a short TATL segment but the other option through FRA arrives in CDG at around 14:00, at which point the options to PMI are very limited.

So the earliest of the SFO-EWR-CDG flights arrives at 7:45 AM.

Then I'm considering a separate CDG-ZRH-PMI flight (separate ticket) that takes off at 9:55 AM. This is on Swiss but I don't think I'd be guaranteed of UA checking my luggage through to PMI so I'm assuming reclaiming my baggage, get through customs and then have to re-check in with Swiss and I have no idea which terminals I'd be arriving from for the TATL flight and transiting to the Swiss flight.

If everything goes on schedule, I should make this right? Or even with UA57 (EWR-CDG) on schedule, the madness of CDG may conspire against my making the 9:55 Swiss 633 flight?
Old Jun 4, 2016, 11:21 am

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by wco81
... This is on Swiss but I don't think I'd be guaranteed of UA checking my luggage through to PMI ...
Assuming not an overnight or stop of >13 hours, UA should check your bag thru to a separate *A ticket. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ch-2015-a.html

The bigger issue of separate tickets is irrops on the first.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 11:25 am
Suspended

Hmm, are those particular flights (SFO-EWR and EWR-CDG) more prone to irrops or are you talking just in general?
Old Jun 4, 2016, 11:29 am

Hmm, are those particular flights (SFO-EWR and EWR-CDG) more prone to irrops or are you talking just in general?
Just a general comment -- irrops with separate tickets can create an issue.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 11:35 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
... and I have no idea which terminals I'd be arriving from for the TATL flight and transiting to the Swiss flight.
UA and Swiss both use Terminal 1. As you'll be connecting to a Schengen country you'll need to clear passport control in Paris. Your bags should be checked all the way through as has already been said.

You'll then need to re-clear security, but as security at CDG Terminal 1 is done per wing (ie, right before you arrive at the gate) it's normally quick to get through. There is an LH lounge in the same wing that Swiss departs from - after security.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 11:41 am
Suspended

Thanks guys, that helps me decide whether to book these flights.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 3:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by docbert
UA and Swiss both use Terminal 1. As you'll be connecting to a Schengen country you'll need to clear passport control in Paris. Your bags should be checked all the way through as has already been said.

You'll then need to re-clear security, but as security at CDG Terminal 1 is done per wing (ie, right before you arrive at the gate) it's normally quick to get through. There is an LH lounge in the same wing that Swiss departs from - after security.
The other option, which would make me more confident about making the connection, is an LH flight, CDG-MUC-PMI, departing at 12:05 PM.

However, it has a longer layover and lands at PMI at 17:10, vs. 14:10 for the CDG-ZRH-PMI flight on Swiss. Obviously would prefer the Swiss option, just to minimize the layovers at CDG and MUC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.