Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated CDG connection time/logistics/lounge {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated CDG connection time/logistics/lounge {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2017, 8:42 am

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
Originally Posted by jah294
Hi, I read through most of the thread but a lot of the posts are older so wanted to check . . . I'm flying EWR-CDG-FRA on 10/27 and have a choice of a 1:35 or 2:45 connection in CDG from UA to LH. I'm a 1k flying in C. Should I book the 2:45 connection to be safe? I haven't transited through CDG in years so any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!
No.. as long as on time, 1:35 is way more than enough...
Old Oct 27, 2017, 2:23 am

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
Who gets Access 1 at CDG?

I'm usually in business from CDG-SFO but am not tomorrow. As a 1k will I get Access 1 for passport and security lines, and if so will my mobile pass work or should I stop by the counter for a card? Anybody here know? Merci!
Old Oct 27, 2017, 5:32 am

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
Yes and yes in my three CDG departures in the past year and a half. Having *A Gold on the mobile boarding pass sufficed for both airport staff and the scanner before the security checkpoint, which was good since I would have had to wait in yet another line (CDG being CDG) to get a printed BP and a paper "accès N°1" pass.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 5:36 am

Programs: All of them, UA-Plat, 1MM*G
I believe *G is the threshold. So 1K, no question.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 9:19 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Haven't flown to/from/through CDG since 1998 and last time was on TWA :-)

Looking to book FRA-CDG on LH connecting to CDG-IAD on UA, all on one UA ticket in J. Is 1h40m connection enough time? Is there security and/or passport checks at CDG? Thanks!
Old Nov 5, 2017, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by TWA Guy
Haven't flown to/from/through CDG since 1998 and last time was on TWA :-)

Looking to book FRA-CDG on LH connecting to CDG-IAD on UA, all on one UA ticket in J. Is 1h40m connection enough time? Is there security and/or passport checks at CDG? Thanks!
Should be fine if all is on time... yes passport control before duty free area and then security is at each individual satellite in Terminal 1... you will be arriving in Satellite 6 or 7 and leaving from Satellite 4 for UA..
Old Nov 12, 2017, 7:38 pm

I am *G but my wife will be on a separate ticket. Will we need to request an Access 1 card for her to use?
Old Nov 14, 2017, 12:27 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by stampchez
I am *G but my wife will be on a separate ticket. Will we need to request an Access 1 card for her to use?
.Far as I know an Access 1 card is not good for multiple users (plus it might be difficult to manage trying, without it looking like you were trying to do something shady).

So yes, you would need to request one for her, and I don't know if they'd go along with that or not.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
.Far as I know an Access 1 card is not good for multiple users (plus it might be difficult to manage trying, without it looking like you were trying to do something shady).

So yes, you would need to request one for her, and I don't know if they'd go along with that or not.
I ended up purchasing Premier Access on her reservation for $24. Maybe that will work. We’ll see!
Old Nov 16, 2017, 10:45 am

I was in and out of CDG on UA earlier this month. Got and used an Access 1 card. Next week I will again be flying in and out of CDG, but as no status on Aer Lingus -- so don't expect to receive an Access 1 card. But I will bring the card I got and used earlier this month with me, and try using it again at the wicket. My recollection is that these cards were changed out only once a quarter. I will report as to whether the card remained valid.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by seenitall
I was in and out of CDG on UA earlier this month. Got and used an Access 1 card. Next week I will again be flying in and out of CDG, but as no status on Aer Lingus -- so don't expect to receive an Access 1 card. But I will bring the card I got and used earlier this month with me, and try using it again at the wicket. My recollection is that these cards were changed out only once a quarter. I will report as to whether the card remained valid.
Well, I can report that my UA Access 1 card obtained for a flight earlier in November did work this morning at the Aer Lingus wicket. As I said, I think they are changed only one a quarter, so keep them around if you think you may need them later —or gift to family or friends.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 5:05 pm

Security Sticker?

I will be flying CDG-IAD shortly. Does anyone know if I need to get a security sticker to board (I assume yes) and if so, whether this can be done at some place other than the check-in counter? For example, at LHR they will ask the questions and provide the sticker at the lounge, at FRA they do it at the gate etc. It’s often helpful to have the option to bypass the counter.

Thanks so much!
Old Dec 30, 2017, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by ToadHallRacing
I will be flying CDG-IAD shortly. Does anyone know if I need to get a security sticker to board (I assume yes) and if so, whether this can be done at some place other than the check-in counter? For example, at LHR they will ask the questions and provide the sticker at the lounge, at FRA they do it at the gate etc. It’s often helpful to have the option to bypass the counter.

Thanks so much!
You have to get it at the counter, if they require one... I believe they do.... there are no questions asked at the gates where the security checkpoints are (out in the satellites)...
Old Jan 1, 2018, 1:43 am

ICTS Stickers

Just an update — on 1/1 there were plenty of ICTS personnel at the gate area (post security). They told me they could give out the stickers here if you had a mobile BP and skipped the counter.

Happy flying in 2018 everyone!
Old Jan 1, 2018, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
At least today we were called to the gate really early and stood in line in line in what was essentially a sauna for 45 minutes before boarding began.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.