Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated CDG connection time/logistics/lounge {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated CDG connection time/logistics/lounge {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2017, 10:01 am
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Ah thanks for the advice.

Do they recommend 2-hour advance check-in for intra-Europe flight even if it's technically an international flight?
Old Mar 5, 2017, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
The Star Alliance lounge at T1 is much better than the iCare one. The LH lounges are after security at the LH satellite gates, so unless you are flying out of one of those gates, not accessible. What T1 needs is an arrivals lounge.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 12:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
I will be flying LH to FRA next month.

May not have a lot of time for a lounge, but presumably the LH flight will board from one of those gates?
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:00 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by wco81
I will be flying LH to FRA next month.

May not have a lot of time for a lounge, but presumably the LH flight will board from one of those gates?
The flight will board from one of the 60 gates. The LH lounge is located right next to these gates. You go through security right before entering the gates area, so the walk from the lounge to the gate is no more than about 1 minute, probably less depending on which gate.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 1:44 pm

UA to CDG and then KLM to AMS - Connection time worries

Hello,

First time poster. Great forum!

Family of 5 flying UA from NJ to Paris and then catching a flight on KLM. We land, if all goes as planned, at 10:55 in Paris. UAL is terminal 1. KLM flight is at 14:30. And it apparently departs from Terminal 2F.

I made the flight arrangements and am so, so very worried that we will not have enough time to go through immigration and then head over to catch flight. Any thoughts and suggestions?

TIA,
cfonline
Old Jun 7, 2017, 2:03 pm

Programs: DL Gold / Accor Gold
Wait,

With this time (3.30hrs) you can take a train and arrive in AMS

Unlike US immigration, the EU is quite simple and fast, even in Paris (but, for sure, it's not a good time to stop on the free-shop).

Have a safe trip.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 2:05 pm

Programs: United Global Services
i think you will be fine. I recently went from Chicago to Brussels and had just 50 mins to make connection to Frankfurt. Ended up waiting to board for 20 mins. Not sure about Paris (especially now a days with the heightened security) but most airports have a different immigration for connections which is usually a lot faster. If i were you i would be more worried about where the lounge is Let us know how it goes when you have all the extra time on your hands in Paris !!!
Old Jun 7, 2017, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Do you have a single ticket, so UA will check your bag thru to AMS? If not, you need time to collect your bag at CDG and present it for recheck at KLM. Still, 3 1/2 hours should be adequate.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 2:31 pm

Programs: United Platinum
You'll be fine. You can stay airside, and there's a shuttle bus airside between terminals. You should have plenty of time for lunch.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 2:35 pm

Programs: United, Delta, AA, southwest
Last month I flew into CDG on United and had to collect my bag and take the transfer to Air France to continue to Munich. I had allowed 4 hours just in case. I ended up having 2:30 hours to kill. The process was very fast.

I think you will have plenty of time.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 2:35 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
You should be fine unless you hit a big flight delay. I just did UA to easyjet at cdg in an hour. That was with the fact that I was solo and know cdg very well. But still, don't stress over it.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 6:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
My two words : no worries!
Old Jun 8, 2017, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by 1k-all-the-way
You should be fine unless you hit a big flight delay. I just did UA to easyjet at cdg in an hour. That was with the fact that I was solo and know cdg very well. But still, don't stress over it.
I would agree, even though since these are not in the same alliance, so you will have to get and recheck bags and go from terminal 1 to 2F, so there will be a lot of waiting and walking and shuttling and lines, and you definitely want to know where you are going - it is not an intuitive airport. But 3 and a half hours should be sufficient - if your UA flight is on time.

As others have noted, I would not have flown CDG to AMS, but get on the Thalys to AMS. Both airports have train stations in them. In fact, that is what I did in reverse just a couple of months ago when the tickets to AMS were much cheaper than to CDG. And that would be my plan B if the flight is delayed. There is a Thalys app you can put on your phone for info on next trains.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by Artpen100
I would agree, even though since these are not in the same alliance, so you will have to get and recheck bags.
Just because they are a different alliance doesn't necessarily mean the OP will have to reclaim and check bags. If it's all one ticket, then UA should be able to tag the bags all the way through.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 10:07 am

I was not aware you could do that if you can get it on one ticket (through priceline or another online or other travel agency, presumably), but that is in part because I quit buying tickets through OTAs years ago because if you want to see how things can really go wrong, have an IRROPs on a single ticket with airlines that don't talk to each other.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.