FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated CDG connection time/logistics/lounge {Archive}
Old Jun 8, 2017, 6:47 am
Artpen100

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
Originally Posted by 1k-all-the-way
You should be fine unless you hit a big flight delay. I just did UA to easyjet at cdg in an hour. That was with the fact that I was solo and know cdg very well. But still, don't stress over it.
I would agree, even though since these are not in the same alliance, so you will have to get and recheck bags and go from terminal 1 to 2F, so there will be a lot of waiting and walking and shuttling and lines, and you definitely want to know where you are going - it is not an intuitive airport. But 3 and a half hours should be sufficient - if your UA flight is on time.

As others have noted, I would not have flown CDG to AMS, but get on the Thalys to AMS. Both airports have train stations in them. In fact, that is what I did in reverse just a couple of months ago when the tickets to AMS were much cheaper than to CDG. And that would be my plan B if the flight is delayed. There is a Thalys app you can put on your phone for info on next trains.