Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated CDG connection time/logistics/lounge {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated CDG connection time/logistics/lounge {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2021, 1:32 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus
UA non-stops SFO-CDG No More

Several of us, booked separately and in different classes on UA 990 and UA984 in January were blindsided today with the cancellation of the non-stops. Wintry stops in EWR and ORD is all that UA has to offer. Inexcusable that we found this out by just happening to check the UA site. It was easy to cancel with refund and to book non stops on AF.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 9:25 pm

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by CIT85
If the UA Travel Ready Center is not working, then would you just ignore that and check in at airport?
That is exactly what I have done for other countries whose entry requirements were a bit more gnarly than France's. The first two times I called reservations and both times was told if I was sure I had the correct documentation just check in at the airport.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 6:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2021-22-23;Formerly a longtime UA Premier Exec; NW silver (legacy), Alaska Gold (way back)
France in October - the challenge was in getting to Luxembourg

I went from the United States to CDG on October 2 and returned a week later. I'd applied to transfer my CDC vax card to the French pass, but the application didn't finish processing until after I returned. I got into France with my CDC card and without a test without any problem; I'd uploaded it to UA already. The hitch was in getting from Paris to where I was actually going, Luxembourg. To board a train from Paris-Est to Luxembourg my CDC card was not sufficient. I had to obtain a rapid test from a French pharmacy. (One is conveniently located inside Gare de l'Est.) Neither that pharmacy nor the other one I went to would convert my CDC card to a French pass. To return by train from Luxembourg to Paris I had to get a second test in Luxembourg, which qualified as the equivalent of a French pass. Each restaurant in Paris where I ate indoors asked for and accepted the paper printout of the Luxembourg test as qualifying.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 7:32 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by wingnuthead
Also, the United Travel Ready Center is not working particularly well for outbound US flights to Paris. My business companion, myself and my wife were all "rejected" by the Travel Ready Center for our flights. The gate agent at EWR told me that something is wrong in their system when it comes to France and Visa's, so airport check in is ultimately required until the problem is fixed
I think something is wrong with the system for much of Europe. I've had issues with TRC going to other europe destinations where it previously worked.
It was fine at the airport, you just have to be smart about getting in the best line so you arent held up forever waiting. Some lines take minutes while others could easily take an hour. At least that's the case at EWR.

As for the french pass, I guess I got lucky. I applied for the pass, but then my trip got delayed a few months. So now I have the pass (after waiting 2 weeks) and will be ready to go when I actually travel. Good thing is that it can be used for other countries in the EU. Strangely, my CDC card clearly says I got the Moderna vaccine, yet the pass says I got the Biontech one. At least the dates are correct.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 5:57 am

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
Recent exp ex CDG with UA terminal 2

Bonjour all.... I haven't departed on UA since they moved to terminal 2. I am on the CDG-SFO 9 am departure in J, and a 1k with one bag to check. Thoughts on when to arrive? Do they give access 1 priority like they did in terminal 1?

Also, assuming there are no lounges easily available?

Merci!!
Old Dec 18, 2021, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by 1k-all-the-way
Bonjour all.... I haven't departed on UA since they moved to terminal 2. I am on the CDG-SFO 9 am departure in J, and a 1k with one bag to check. Thoughts on when to arrive? Do they give access 1 priority like they did in terminal 1?

Also, assuming there are no lounges easily available?

Merci!!
Check-in was pretty efficient. I think I got there just an hour before the flight. There is a dedicated area for business class passengers.

I believe there was an Air Canada lounge near the gate. It involved going down a floor.
Old Nov 1, 2023, 11:11 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
This is an archive thread, the active thread is
Consolidated CDG connection time/logistics/lounge - UA back in Term 1, new *A lounge

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 15, 2024 at 9:46 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.