FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated CDG connection time/logistics/lounge {Archive}
Old Oct 31, 2021, 6:35 pm
Law Lord

Programs: UA 1K 2021-22-23;Formerly a longtime UA Premier Exec; NW silver (legacy), Alaska Gold (way back)
France in October - the challenge was in getting to Luxembourg

I went from the United States to CDG on October 2 and returned a week later. I'd applied to transfer my CDC vax card to the French pass, but the application didn't finish processing until after I returned. I got into France with my CDC card and without a test without any problem; I'd uploaded it to UA already. The hitch was in getting from Paris to where I was actually going, Luxembourg. To board a train from Paris-Est to Luxembourg my CDC card was not sufficient. I had to obtain a rapid test from a French pharmacy. (One is conveniently located inside Gare de l'Est.) Neither that pharmacy nor the other one I went to would convert my CDC card to a French pass. To return by train from Luxembourg to Paris I had to get a second test in Luxembourg, which qualified as the equivalent of a French pass. Each restaurant in Paris where I ate indoors asked for and accepted the paper printout of the Luxembourg test as qualifying.